GIBS Business School: BBA/PGDM Applications are Open - Apply Now
Package Upto 15.5 Lac/annum
What is IBSAT 2023 Exam? – The ICFAI Foundation administers the IBSAT 2023 exam online. It is held in order to gain admission to the MBA programme. It is a computer-based examination (CBE). The IBSAT will be administered in the last week of December 2023.
The exam assesses a candidate’s knowledge of quantitative techniques, data interpretation, data sufficiency, vocabulary, analytical reasoning, and reading comprehension. The IBSAT 2023 exam results will be released in January 2024. To know more, candidates can refer to the information given below.
Important Dates for IBSAT 2023
The registration period for the IBSAT 2023 exam begins in July and the application form window is closed in the second week of December 2023. Candidates can refer to the important dates for IBSAT 2023 exam:
IBSAT Exam 2023 Dates
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Application form process starts from||July 1, 2023|
|Last date to fill the application form||December 16, 2023|
|Last date to upload CAT, GMAT, and GRE scores||Second week of December 2023|
|Beginning of slot booking process||Second week of December 2023|
|Admit Card to be released on||Third week of December 2023|
|Date of exam||December 23 and 24, 2023|
|Result to be declared on||First week of January 2024|
|Commencement of selection process||Third week of January 2024|
Overview of IBSAT 2023
|Name of Exam||ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT)|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a year|
|Number of Sections||5|
|Name of Sections||Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Adequacy, and Data Interpretation|
|Number of Questions||140|
|Exam Fees||Rs 1800|
IBSAT 2023 Application Form
During the first week of July 2023, the IBSAT 2023 application form is made available on the official website (www.ibsindia.org).
- First of all, candidates must register with their email addresses to create their login credentials.
- After completing the registration process, candidates can use their login credentials to begin the application form-filling process.
- The IBSAT 2023 application form will request personal information such as a candidate’s date of birth, gender, nationality, address, and other documents.
- Candidates must also upload a photograph to the application form in jpeg or gif format, with a maximum file size of 25 KB and a resolution of 140-160 pixels.
- The application fee for the exam is Rs 1800. They can submit their application form after filling out all of the required information.
Other MBA Entrance Exams
Eligibility Criteria for the IBSAT 2023 Exam
To be eligible for the IBSAT exam, candidates must meet the criteria listed below.
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50 percent aggregate.
- Applicants in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
- All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of regular education (on a 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis).
- Candidates with a valid score of GMAT, CAT, and NMAT by GMAC need not appear for IBSAT and can apply for direct admission.
- There is no age limit on the IBSAT 2023 examination.
IBSAT Exam Syllabus 2023
The IBSAT exam syllabus is designed to check the candidate’s vocabulary, his problem-solving ability, reading comprehension, and quantitative ability. The topics for the various sections are given below;
- Verbal Ability: Synonyms and Antonyms, Fill in the blanks. jumbled sentences, error spotting, and one-word substitution.
- Reading Comprehension: The reading comprehension section involves RC passages of 500-600 words. Candidates are asked questions related to the passage and questions on inference.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The quantitative aptitude section consists of Algebra, Profit and Loss, Probability, Time and Work, Percentage and Geometry, Mensuration, etc.
- Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation: The data adequacy section consists of 15 questions on data adequacy and 15 questions on data interpretation. The questions concern bar graphs, pie charts, and tables.
IBSAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The IBSAT paper will consist of 140 questions worth one mark each. There is no negative marking in the IBSAT 2023 exam. The time allotted for solving the paper is 120 minutes. The section with the highest weightage in the IBSAT exam is the verbal ability section. The other sections have the same significance in the exam, but the verbal ability section has the highest relevance in the IBSAT 2023 exam. To know more, candidates can refer to the table given below.
|Number of Sections||Marks allotted to each section|
|Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation||30|
IBSAT Admit Card 2023
Candidates who have successfully registered for the IBSAT exam will be able to book slots at their leisure. They will be able to download the admit cards in only online mode. The IBSAT exam is expected to be released one week prior to the exam.
Candidates can download the exam admit card after booking their IBSAT exam slots. They must bring their admit card and ID to the exam center. Candidates should keep their admit cards with them until the selection process is completed.
IBSAT 2023 Question Paper
The IBSAT 2023 question paper will be released after the IBSAT 2023 exam has been conducted. Candidates preparing for the exam are required to download the previous year’s IBSAT question paper for a better understanding of the exam pattern, syllabus, and the level of questions asked in the exam. They can use sample papers and mock exams to enhance their accuracy and time management.
IBSAT 2023 Answer Key
After the exam, the IBSAT 2023 answer key will be made available on the official website. Candidates will be able to estimate their scores with the help of the answer key. Using their login credentials, candidates can download the IBSAT 2023 answer key. Candidates have five objections to the released answer key. The number of objections is limited to five.
IBSAT Result 2023
After the exam is conducted, the results will be declared. The answer key will be made available for raising objections. After the completion of the objection process, the IBSAT results will be declared. The result will be declared in the first week of January 2024.
The candidates can download their IBSAT 2023 scorecards by using their login credentials. The scorecard will display the candidate’s overall score and his scores section-wise. On the basis of a candidate’s scores, they will be called for further rounds of the selection process.
IBSAT 2023 Cutoff
The IBSAT 2023 cutoff list will be released after the declaration of the exam result. The candidates will have to score within the cutoff requirements to be called for further rounds of the selection process. Candidates meeting the cutoffs will be called for further rounds of group discussion and personal interviews.
The cutoffs for IBS Mumbai are expected to be 70–75; the expected cutoff for IBS Hyderabad is 75–78. The cutoffs will be released for eight colleges that accept IBSAT 2023 scores.
FAQs Related to IBSAT Exam 2023
Is there any negative marking in the IBSAT 2023 exam?
No, there is no negative marking in the IBSAT exam. Candidates are awarded one mark for every correct answer, and no marks are deducted for any wrong answer marked by the candidate.
Is IBSAT a common entrance for all programmes at IBS?
Yes, IBSAT is a common entrance test for all eight colleges. The colleges take admissions on the basis of a candidate’s IBSAT scores.
What is the level of difficulty of the IBSAT exam?
The level of difficulty ranges from moderate to difficult. The IBSAT paper is not an easy exam, but candidates are advised to solve mocks and practice the previous year’s question papers for better performance in the exam.