CAT analysis 2022: Once the CAT 2022 exam is conducted by IIM Bangalore, candidates will be able to check the analysis of the exam slots. The CAT 2022 Exam analysis will consist of vital details such as the level of difficulty, sectional analysis, types of questions, and a breakdown and thorough analysis of every integral detail.
Based on the CAT 2022 exam analysis, candidates can check their scores and their standing in the CAT 2022 exam. The overall difficulty of the exam ranged from easy to moderate.
The total number of questions asked was 66 and each section was divided into a ratio of 24-20-22.(VARC – 24, DILR – 20, QA – 22). The candidates can refer to the analysis given below to get an idea of the CAT 2022 paper from the analysis of CAT 2022.
Expected CAT exam analysis 2022: Key Highlights
The CAT paper analysis that will be provided after the exam is conducted will include the following:
- The CAT total question asked in exam is expected to be 66 questions as against 76 questions earlier.
- The number of questions asked in each section. Last year there were 24 questions in VARC, 20 questions in DILR, and 22 questions in QA.
- The difficulty level comparison of previous years’ CAT analysis 2022
CAT 2022 Exam Analysis – Sectional Composition (Previous year)
|Sections||Total MCQs||Non-MCQs||Total Questions|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||19||5||24|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||15||5||20|
|Duration of the exam- 2 hours||48||18||66|
- CAT Response Sheet 2022 Download
- CAT Answer Key 2022
- CAT Percentile Predictor 2022
- CAT Selection Procedure
- CAT Result 2022 Online
CAT 2022 Exam Paper Analysis
CAT 2022 is kept moderate in terms of difficulty. The toughest of the three sections may be the DILR portion. The overall report says that the exam is moderate and not extremely difficult for the candidates. To know more about CAT analysis 2022, refer to the table given below.
CAT Exam Pattern Analysis of 2021
|Section||Number of Questions||Number of Non-MCQ Ques.||Time (in minutes)||Difficulty Level||Expected Score for 99%ile|
|VARC||24||5||40||Easy – Moderate||42-43|
|DILR||20||5||40||DI – Easy – ModerateLR – Moderate – Difficult||25-28|
|QA||22||8||40||Easy – Moderate||42-45|
|Total||48||18||120||Easier as compared to CAT 2020||99-104|
CAT 2021 Exam analysis Slot-1
Given below are some important points regarding the analysis of CAT 2021 Slot-1
- In Quantitative Aptitude, approximately 16-17 questions came from Arithmetic Algebra and it was time-consuming.
- DILR (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning) consisted of 4 sets.
- It was comparatively easier than CAT 2020.
- In 2020, the CAT exam consisted of 76 questions, but now the questions have been reduced to 66.
- VARC (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension was the easiest section.
|Section||Number of Questions||Number of MCQ Ques.||The number of Non-MCQ Ques.|
CAT 2021 Exam analysis Slot-2
Given below are some important points regarding the CAT 2022 Exam analysis slot-2
- The number of questions asked in the exam was 66.
- CAT 2021 slot- 2 was similar to slot-1, but on the contrary VARC was a little tricky in slot-2.
- DILR and QA were similar to slot-1 in terms of difficulty.
- The easiest section was Quantitative Aptitude.
- A score of 99 percentile can be achieved anywhere between a score of 95-100.
Below is a table representing the sectional division in CAT 2021 second session.
|Section||Number of Questions||Number of MCQ Ques.||Number of Non-MCQ Ques.|
CAT 2021 Exam Slot -3 Analysis
Given below are important details regarding CAT analysis 2022 slot-3 that is also known as the evening session:
- The overall difficulty level of the CAT 2021 slot-3 was moderate as compared to the other two slots.
- Time and Clock RC in the VARC section was tricky to solve, making VARC slightly moderately difficult in terms of slot 1 and slot 2.
- DILR & QA were similar to CAT 2021 Slot 1 in terms of level of difficulty. Arithmetic and Algebra dominated the QA section
- 99 percentile can be achieved within a score of 95-100.
CAT exam analysis – Difficulty Level
|Sections||Difficulty level||Ideal score/ Attempt for 99%ile|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||Moderate||37-39 (15-18)|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||Easy||25-28 (9-11)|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||Difficult||42-44 (16-18)|
|Total||Easy to moderate||99-100 (42-48)|
CAT 2022 Exam Review
The CAT 2022 exam is expected to be conducted on November 27, 2022. Candidates give the exam for admissions into some of the best MBA colleges in the country. The CAT 2022 exam paper will consist of 66–70 questions.
Each question will be worth three marks. There is an aspect of negative marking in the CAT 2022 exam. For every wrong answer, one mark will be deducted. Candidates cannot switch from one section to the other.
The exam conducting authority, IIM Bangalore, will release the cutoff lists after the CAT 2022 exam has been conducted. Candidates are required to visit their official websites and check the cutoffs that will be released by the authorities.
Candidates have to score enough to get a cutoff that gets them selected into one of the IIMs.
The cutoff list for CAT 2022 will be dependent on a few factors: the number of candidates sitting for the exam, the difficulty level of the exam, and the availability of seats in various IIMs.
- CAT DILR Syllabus 2023
- CAT Paper Date 2023
- CAT exam centres in Assam
- CAT Admit Card 2022 Download Link
- CAT score accepting colleges
FAQs Related to CAT analysis 2022
Who will set the CAT 2022 exam paper?
The exam is set by the authority who conducts the MBA 2022 exam. This year IIM Bangalore will set the CAT exam paper 2022.
What is the difficulty level of the CAT 2022 Exam?
The difficulty level of the CAT exam papers in the previous years has been from moderate to difficult. It is difficult to decide the difficulty level of CAT 2022, but the paper ranges from moderate to difficult.