CAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria: The Indian Institute of Management prescribe the CAT Eligibility Criteria for entrance test and MBA admission at IIMs. The detailed eligibility criteria of CAT 2023 is published through official brochure on iimcat.ac.in.
This eligibility criteria contains the conditions which specifies that who can apply for CAT 2023 exam. The candidates must fulfil CAT 2023 eligibility requirements to be eligible for CAT 2023 exam registration.
As per CAT eligibility criteria 2023, a candidate must possess any Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalents from a recognized University with the minimum marks as specified by IIM. Read below to know more about CAT exam eligibility criteria which includes age limit, academic qualification, etc.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates who have earned any Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognised university with 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD) or above are eligible to appear for the CAT 2023. Candidates are suggested to examine the eligibility requirements and confirm they meet them before doing anything else.
Who is eligible for CAT 2023 Exam?
Candidates must adhere to the following prerequisites of CAT eligibility criteria 2023 in order to appear for the CAT 2023.
- Candidates hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or its equivalent.
- He/she must have scored a minimum of 45% for the SC/ST/PwD category and 50% for the open category.
- The candidate whos are in their last year of undergraduate study are also eligible for CAT exam. However, such applicants will need to produce a certificate of completion from the president or registrar of their college or university by the deadline set by the relevant IIMs.
CAT Eligibility 2023 at a Glance
|Academic Qualification||Graduation/ Bachelor’s Degree|
|Required Marks in Graduate||50% (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD)|
|Age Limit for CAT 2023||No Age Restriction|
|Work Experience||Not Mandatory|
|Reservation||Based on Category|
CAT 2023 Exam date
The given table consists of all kinds of dates that are related to the CAT Exam 2023:
|CAT 2023 Official notification||Last week of July 2023|
|CAT 2023 Registration start from||First Week of August 2023|
|Last Date to submit the CAT Application form||Third week of September 2023|
|CAT Mock Test 2023||To be notified|
|CAT Admit Card 2023 release date||Last week of October 2023|
|CAT 2023 exam date||November 26, 2023|
|CAT Answer Key 2023 Provisional||First Week of December 2023|
|CAT 2023 Result Date||First Week of January 2024|
Detailed CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
Students can go through the following sections to know the detailed information on CAT 2023 eligibility Criteria and ensure they fulfil their respective requirements.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 Age Limit
They must note that their is no age limit specified in CAT eligibility criteria 2023. So, students of any age who fulfil other requirements are eligible for CAT exam.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2023- Academic Qualification
|Bachelor’s Degree from any University/ Institute||Recognized by UGC||50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD)|
|Engineering Degree – B.Tech/ B.E. from any University/ Institute||Recognized by MHRD/ AICTE||50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD)|
|Students who appeared in the final year of degree examination||Recognized by MHRD/ AICTE/ UGC||50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ ST/ PwD)|
CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria for Students with Backlogs
‘Is it possible for graduate students with academic backlogs to register for the CAT 2023 exam?’ is one of the most often asked queries.
It should be made clear that CAT applicants with academic backlogs from their graduate degree are still eligible to apply and register for the exam. Any applicant who has a degree score of at least 50% (45% for the reserved category) may apply for the CAT 2023.
CAT Eligibility for Final Year Students-
- All bachelor’s degree students in their final year are able to apply for the CAT exam.
- However, if chosen for further consideration, these students must complete their bachelor’s degree with the requisite grade and present documentation of this at the time of selection.
- The candidate’s results in the subsequent admissions stages will be invalid if they are unable to fulfill this condition.
CAT Eligibility Criteria – Work Experience Requirements
- There is no prerequisite for prior employment experience for candidates.
- There is no requirement to meet it, even if the CAT Application Form 2023 asks for it.
- It should be mentioned that IIMs may give this job experience considerable weight during the final test. The actual weighting, however, has never been made public and will differ from one IIM to another IIM.
IIM Eligibility Vs CAT Eligibility
- IIMs have different qualifying requirements for holding CATs. Every applicant who wishes to study at an IIM should be aware of a few small discrepancies.
- The two-year bachelor’s degree approved by the CAT exam qualifying criteria is not accepted by IIMs and its management programms demand a three-year bachelor’s degree, despite the fact that there is no age restriction for either the CAT exam qualification or the IIM qualification.
- The CAT exam qualification and the IIM qualification are equivalent in all other respects.
Who is not eligible for CAT Exam 2023
- An applicant who failed to satisfy the requirements and did not show up for their bachelor’s degree.
- A candidate who received fewer than 45% (for SC/ ST/PWD), or less than 50% (for General Category and NC-OBC) in their graduation.
- A candidate who is working for both a bachelor’s degree and a professional degree but has not yet finished both.
- A candidate who holds a diploma from a university that is not accredited by the UGC, AICTE, or MHRD. The applicant will be disqualified from taking the CAT Exam.
FAQs Related to CAT Eligibility 2023
Are there any age restrictions for CAT 2023 applications? Do 12th-grade grades matter for the CAT?
IIM does not suggest any age restrictions for CAT 2023 applications. The CAT 2023 test considers the candidate’s whole academic background.
When will the application procedure for CAT 2023 start?
CAT 2023 application process expected to be started from first week of August 2023 (10 am onwards). On July, 2023, the CAT 2023 official notice for the test was published. In November, IIM Bangalore will have CAT 2023.
Who is eligible for CAT 2023?
The candidate that have a bachelor’s degree in any field and a minimum overall and NC-OBC score of 50%. For applicants who are SC, ST, or PWD, a 45% is needed.