CBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2023 – CBSE class 12th exam pattern for the academic year 2022-23 has been revised. As compared to the last year, the board will conduct only single term exam this year, as it was used to do formerly. As per CBSE board exam date 2023 Class 12, the exams will be held from February 15, 2023. Read further article to know complete information about CBSE 12th class exam pattern 2023.
CBSE 12th Exam Pattern 2023 – Subjects criteria
Students have to appear for a total of 5 to 6 subjects (As selected) which includes 3 Mandatory subjects and 2 elective subject which depends upon the stream. Below, we have listed subjects of CBSE 12th class Syllabus 2023.
- Business studies
- Computer science
CBSE 12th class Board Exam- Marking scheme
All the students have to secure at least 33% CBSE pass marks in each subject to clear CBSE 12th exam including theory, practical and internal assessment. Also, the aggregate marks should be 33%. Students who fail to get 33% marks can appear for compartment exams to get a second chance.
CBSE Exam Pattern class 12th – Important points
Key pointers for the CBSE class 12th exam pattern 2023 has been discussed below
- The time duration for the examination will be 3 hours.
- Each paper will carry 100 marks which will be divided in 2 section theory and practical or internal assessment.
- Theory papers will carry the weightage of 80 marks per subject and the rest 20 marks will be given on bases of internal assessments which includes practical exams, projects and overall performance throughout the year.
- The nature of the questions will be competency based which includes MCQs, case-based questions and also source based questions.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The medium of the exam will be English/Hindi (as selected).
- cbse.nic.in admit card 2023 class 12
- Cbseacademic.nic.in Class 12 sample papers 2023
- CBSE Previous Year Question Paper Class 12
- class 12 CBSE result 2023
- CBSE Class 12 topper Science stream
FAQs related to CBSE 12th exam pattern 2023
Will there be any internal marks for English and math?
Yes. Internal marks will be of 20 marks for each subject.
Will there be 2 board exams in 2023?
No. There will be only one exam conducted at the end of the academic year, supposedly in February 2023.