CBSE Class 12 History Syllabus 2023: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release the CBSE 12th History Syllabus 2023 on its official website. The CBSE 12th class history syllabus 2023 will consist of all the topics along with the projects that have to be covered by the candidates.
The CBSE 12th syllabus 2023 PDF for History is made available online on cbseacademic.nic.in. Candidates can download the CBSE class 12 history syllabus 2023 and get a better understanding of the topics. Given below are a few important details regarding the CBSE 12th history syllabus 2023.
Links to Download CBSE 12th History Syllabus 2023
Given below is a table consisting of the important link for the CBSE syllabus 2023 class 12 history.
|CBSE Class 12th History Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
How to Download CBSE Class 12 History Syllabus 2023
Candidates must ensure they follow the appropriate steps to download the CBSE 12th history syllabus 2023. They should cover the topics before the CBSE exam date Class 12 2023. Given below are a few steps that will assist candidates in downloading the CBSE 12th history syllabus 2023.
- Candidates must go to the CBSE’s official website, cbseacademic.nic.in.
- They are required to click on the “Download CBSE Class 12th Syllabus” link.
- After they have clicked on the syllabus link, they will be redirected to another page.
- The CBSE class 12th history syllabus, pages 2023, will be made available in PDF form.
- Candidates can download the CBSE class 12 history syllabus 2023 for future purposes.
Sectional Breakdown CBSE Class 12th History Syllabus 2023
The CBSE class 12 history syllabus 2023 is divided into three parts. The syllabus consists of three themes in Indian history. Given below are a few essential details regarding the CBSE 12th history syllabus 2023.
|Themes In Indian History Part-I||25|
|Theme 1 Bricks, Beads and Bones||15|
|Theme 2 Kings, Farmers and Towns||15|
|Theme 3 Kinship, Caste and Class||15|
|Theme 4 Thinkers, Beliefs and Buildings||14|
|Themes In Indian History Part-II||25|
|Theme 5 Through the Eyes of Travellers||15|
|Theme 6 Bhakti –Sufi Traditions||15|
|Theme 7 An Imperial Capital: Vijayanagar||15|
|Theme 8 – Peasants, Zamindars and the State||15|
|Themes In Indian History Part-III||25|
|Theme 10 Colonialism and The Countryside||15|
|Theme 11 Rebels and the Raj||15|
|Theme 13 Mahatma Gandhi and the Nationalist Movement||15|
|Theme 15 Framing the Constitution||15|
|Including Map Work of The Related Themes||15||05|
|CBSE Class 12 Total Marks for History||220||100|
CBSE Class 12th History Syllabus 2023
The CBSE class 12 history syllabus 2023 is divided into three parts. The first three parts are subparts of Indian history. Each theme consists of 25 marks. Also, five marks are included for mapwork, for a total of 20 marks for the CBSE 12th history syllabus 2023. Given below is a detailed theme-by-theme explanation of the CBSE 12th history syllabus 2023.
Themes in Indian History Part-1
Given below are a few important themes that are a part of the CBSE class 12 history syllabus 2023.
BRICKS, BEADS, AND BONES The Harappan Civilization:
- Detailed Overview: Early Urban Centers
- Story of Discovery: Harappan Civilization
- Excerpt: Archaeological reports based on a major site
- Discussion: Explanation of its utility by historians
KINGS, FARMERS, AND TOWNS: Early States and Economies (c. 600 BCE-600 CE)
- Detailed Overview: Political & Economic History from the Mauryan to the Gupta period
- Story of Discovery: Inscriptions and the Inscriptions and the Decipherment of the script. Shifts in the Understanding of political and economic history.
- Excerpt: Ashokan inscription and Gupta period land grant
- Discussion: Interpretation of inscriptions by historians
KINSHIP, CASTE, AND CLASS Early Society Societies (C. 600 BCE-600 CE)
- Detailed overview: Using the Mahabharata Issues in social history, Issues in social history, including caste, class, kinship, and gender.
- Story of discovery: Transmission and publications of the Mahabharat
- Excerpt: from the Mahabharata, illustrating how it has been used by historians.
- Discussion: Other sources for reconstructing the social history
THINKERS, BELIEFS AND BUILDINGS Cultural Developments (c. 600 BCE – 600 CE)
Detailed overview: A History of Buddhism: Sanchi Stupa
- A brief review of religious histories of Vedic religion, Jainism, Vaishnavism, Shaivism (Puranic Hinduism)
- Focus on Buddhism.
- Story of discovery: Sanchi stupa.
- Excerpt: Reproduction of sculptures from Sanchi.
- Discussion: Ways in which sculpture has been interpreted by historians, and other sources for reconstructing the history of Buddhism.
Themes in Indian History Part-2
Given below are a few important details regarding the themes in Indian history, part two.
THROUGH THE EYES OF TRAVELLERS Perceptions of Society (c. tenth to the seventeenth century)
- Detailed overview: outlines of social and cultural life as they appear in traveller’s account.
- Story of their writings: A discussion of where they travelled, what they wrote, and for whom they wrote.
- Excerpts: from Al Biruni, Ibn Battuta, Francois Bernier.
- Discussion: What these travel accounts can tell us and how they have been interpreted by historians.
BHAKTI –SUFI TRADITIONS: Changes in Religious Beliefs and Devotional Texts (c. eighth to eighteenth centuries)
- Detailed overview: a. Outline of religious developments during this period saints.
- b. Ideas and practices of the Bhakti-Sufi
- Story of Transmission: How Bhakti-Sufi compositions have been preserved.
- Excerpt: Extracts from selected Bhakti-Sufi works.
- Discussion: Ways in which these have been interpreted by historians.
AN IMPERIAL CAPITAL: VIJAYANAGARA (c. fourteenth to sixteenth centuries)
- Detailed overview: New Architecture: Hampi a. Outline of new buildings during Vijayanagar period-temples, forts, irrigation facilities.
- b. Relationship between architecture and the political system.
- Story of Discovery: Account of how Hampi was found.
- Excerpt: Visuals of buildings at Hampi
- Discussion: Ways in which historians have analyzed and interpreted these structures.
PEASANTS, ZAMINDARS AND THE STATE: Agrarian Society and the Mughal Empire (c. sixteenth-seventeenth centuries)
- Detailed overview: The Aini-Akbari a. Structure of agrarian relations in the 16th and 17th centuries.
- b. Patterns of change over the period.
- Story of Discovery: Account of the compilation and translation of Ain I Akbari
- Excerpt: from the Ain-iAkbari.
- Discussion: Ways in which historians have used texts to reconstruct history.
Themes in Indian History Part 3
Given below is a detailed explanation of the CBSE class 12th history syllabus 2023 in Indian history.
COLONIALISM AND THE COUNTRYSIDE: Exploring Official Archives
- Colonialism and Rural Society: Evidence from Official Reports a) Life of zamindars, peasants and artisans in the late 18th-century b). Permanent Settlement
- Santhals and Paharias Story of official records: An account of why official Investigations into rural societies were undertaken and the types of records and reports produced.
- Excerpts: From Fifth Report
- Discussion: What the official records tell and do not tell, and how they have been used by historians.
REBELS AND THE RAJ: 1857 Revolt and its Representations
- Detailed overview: a. The eventsof 1857-58. b. The vision of Unity c. How these events were recorded and narrated.
- Focus: Lucknow
- Excerpts: Pictures of 1857. Extracts from contemporary accounts.
- Discussion: How the pictures of 1857 shaped British opinion of what had happened.
MAHATMA GANDHI AND THE NATIONALIST MOVEMENT: Civil Disobedience and Beyond
- Detailed overview: a. The Nationalist Movement 1918 -48. b. The nature of Gandhian politics and leadership.
- Focus: Mahatma Gandhi and the three movements and his last days as “finest hours”
- Excerpts: Reports from English and Indian language newspapers and other contemporary writings.
- Discussion: How newspapers can be a source of history.
FRAMING THE CONSTITUTION: The Beginning of a New Era
- Broad overview: The Making of the Constitution an overview: a. Independence and then new nation-state. b. The making of the Constitution
- Focus: The Constituent Assembly Debates
- Excerpts: from the debates.
- Discussion: What do such debates reveal and how they can be analyzed?
Class 12th History Syllabus 2023: List of Maps
The class 12th history syllabus 2023 section will consist of maps. The maps will have five marks. Given below is a table consisting of a detailed explanation of the list of maps required for the exam.
Page number Details
Mature Harappan sites: Harappa, Banawali, Kalibangan, Balakot, Rakhigarhi, Dholavira, Nageshwar, Lothal, Mohenjodaro, Chanhudaro, KotDiji.
Mahajanapada and cities: Vajji, Magadha, Kosala, Kuru, Panchala, Gandhara, Avanti, Rajgir, Ujjain, Taxila, Varanasi.
Distribution of Ashokan inscriptions: Kushanas, Shakas, Satavahanas, Vakatakas,Guptas
Important kingdoms and towns:
Major Buddhist Sites:
Bidar, Golconda, Bijapur, Vijayanagar, Chandragiri, Kanchipuram, Mysore, Thanjavur, Kolar, Tirunelveli, Quilon
Territories under Babur, Akbar and Aurangzeb: Delhi, Agra, Panipat, Amber, Ajmer, Lahore, Goa.
Territories/cities under British Control in 1857: Punjab, Sindh, Bombay, Madras Fort St. David, Masulipatam, Berar, Bengal, Bihar, Orissa, Avadh, Surat, Calcutta, Daccan, Patna, Benaras, Allahabad and Lucknow.
Main centres of the Revolt of 1857:
Important centres of the National Movement:
CBSE Class 12th History Syllabus 2023: Project Work
The CBSE class 12 history syllabus for 2023 consists of a detailed explanation of the project work and what has to be done by the candidates. Candidates must ensure they go through the syllabus, as the project work section consists of 20 marks. Given below are a few important topics regarding the CBSE 12th grade history syllabus 2023 project.
- The Indus Valley Civilization-Archeological Excavations and New Perspectives
- The History and Legacy of Mauryan Empire
- “Mahabharat”- The Great Epic of India
- The History and Culture of the Vedic period
- Buddha Charita
- A Comprehensive History of Jainism
- Bhakti Movement- Multiple interpretations and commentaries.
- “The Mystical Dimensions of Sufism
- Global legacy of Gandhian ideas
- The Architectural Culture of the Vijayanagar Empire
- Comparative Analysis of the Land Revenue Systems introduced by the Britishers in India
- The Revolt of 1857- Causes; Planning & Coordination; Leadership, Vision of Unity
- The Philosophy of Guru Nanak Dev
- The Vision of Kabir
- An insight into the Indian Constitution
- CBSE Admit Card download Class 12
- cbseacademic.nic.in class 12 sample papers
- CBSE Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers with Solutions
- www.cbse.nic.in 2023 class 12 result
- Topper of 12th Class 2023 CBSE in Commerce
- How to prepare for CBSE class 12 board exam
FAQs Related to CBSE Class 12th History Syllabus 2023
Where will the CBSE 12th history syllabus for 2023 be released?
The CBSE class 12 history syllabus 2023 will be available on the CBSE board’s official website, cbseacademic.nic.in.
How many marks does the project’s work consist of?
The project work section of the CBSE 12th history syllabus 2023 comprises 20 marks.