What is GPAT 2023: The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test 2023 is a national-level exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The GPAT examination is conducted to give admissions to the candidates in the master’s degree program in the field of Pharmacy (M.Pharma).
The marks scored in the GPAT exam by the candidates will be accepted by the AICTE Approved Institutions/colleges/universities/ affiliated colleges. The candidates wanted to appear in GPAT 2023 need to make sure of their eligibility and other criteria. To know more about the GPAT examination, eligibility, fee, admissions, admit card, etc keep on reading the article below.
GPAT 2023 Important Dates
The GPAT 2023 important dates such as the date of registration, admit card, entrance examination, etc. are mentioned in the table given below. Candidates are required to have a close look and mark the dates on their calendars.
GPAT 2023 Dates:
|Online registration||4th week of December 2022|
|Form submission (last date)||Last week of January 2023|
|Correction window||1st week of February 2023|
|Admit card (release date)||3rd week of February 2023|
|Entrance exam date||Last week of February 2023|
|Answer key publish||3rd week of March 2023|
|Result declaration date||4th week of March 2023|
GPAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates wanting to appear in the GPAT 2023 exam must make sure that they are eligible to do so. To make sure that the candidate is eligible read the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry students.)
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year of their bachelor’s degree B Pharma whose results are not yet declared, can also apply for GPAT 2023.
- The candidates who have opted for B Tech (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology) are not eligible to apply for GPAT 2023.
- There is no age limit when it comes to GPAT. The conducting authority has not decided on any age limit. Thus, anyone can apply for GPAT 2023.
GPAT 2023 Application Form
Candidates are required to read the instructions carefully before filling out the GPAT 2023 application form. According to the official GPAT instruction bulletin, the candidates can fill out the GPAT 2023 form online mode only. Application forms in any other mode will not be accepted by the conducting authority. The candidate should also make sure that only one application form is submitted. Multiple application forms will not be accepted.
How to Fill GPAT Registration Form 2023?
To fill out the GPAT 2023 examination form follow the detailed steps given below:
- Step 1: The candidates are required to register themselves by using their email id and mobile number. Once the candidate gets registered they will be provided with the application number. Save the application number for future reference.
- Step 2: Once, the candidate gets themselves registered they are required to fill out the actual GPAT application form. The candidate should fill in the information which is 100% authentic without any mistakes.
- Step 3: After filling out the GPAT application form, candidates are supposed to upload the required documents such as the legible scanned image, the candidate’s signature, and PwD certificate, if applicable. The specifications for the same are mentioned below.
- Image specification: It should be a recent passport-size photograph either in color or black and white, without a mask with 80% of the face visible with a white background. The size of the file should be 10 Kb – 200 Kb.
- Signature specification: The signature of the candidate should be clear and visible with a file size of 4 Kb – 30 Kb.
- Step 4: After all the above three steps the last step is to pay the application fees. The candidate can pay the fee using their Canara/ICICI Bank/Paytm Payment Gateway through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI/Wallet. The candidate should get their receipt of the fee payment and keep it safe for future use.
GPAT 2023 Application Fees
The application fee is to be submitted online mode only. The candidate can pay the fees by using any of the online payment methods mentioned above. The GPAT application fee is given below:
|Category||GPAT 2023 Fee payable|
|General (UR) (Male)||Rs.2,000|
|General (UR) (Female)||Rs.1,000|
The GPAT 2023 answer key contains all the answers to the questions asked in the examination. The GPAT answer key is released along with the GPAT result 2023 by NTA. The candidates can download the GPAT answer key and match their answers accordingly and calculate their estimated scores. The candidates also have the provision to challenge the answer key by paying Rs.200 per question.
To download the answer key, the candidates are required to log in using their application number or password or their date of birth.
GPAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The GPAT 2023 examination will be conducted in online mode only through a Computer Based Test (CBT). The syllabus for the exam will be as prescribed by AICTE and the medium of examination will be in English only.
The section-wise exam pattern for GPAT is as follows:
|Types of questions||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry and allied subjects||38||125|
|Pharmaceutics and allied subjects||38||125|
|Pharmacognosy & Allied Subjects||10||40|
|Pharmacology & Allied Subjects||28||112|
GPAT 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of the GPAT 2023 will be prescribed by AICTE. The syllabus for the same is given below:
GPAT Syllabus 2023 (Specialization-wise)
|GPAT Pharmaceutical Chemistry Syllabus 2023||Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry Dentifrices, Desensitizing agents, & Anticaries agents Pharmaceutical Impurities Isotopes Monographs Medicinal Chemistry, Various classes of therapeutic agents, Different classes of therapeutic drugs, Therapeutic classes of drugs, Different classes of therapeutic drugs.|
|GPAT Pharmaceutics Syllabus 2023||Pharmacy Profession & Introduction to Pharmaceuticals Introduction to dosage form Biological products Pharmaceutical Plant, location, layout Ophthalmic preparations Preformulations Packaging Materials Cosmetics Pilot plant scale-up techniques Dosage Form Necessities and Additives Powders Sources of drug information Tablets Parenteral – product requiring sterile packaging Suspensions Emulsions Suppositories Stability of formulated products Prolonged Action Pharmaceuticals Novel Drug delivery system GMP and Validation Semisolids Allopathic dosage form Crude extract Allergenic extract Capsules Liquids(solutions, syrups, elixirs, spirits, aromatic water, liquid for external uses) Pharmaceutical Aerosols.|
|GPAT Pharmacology Syllabus 2023||General Pharmacology, Principles of toxicology, Drugs acting on urinary system Pharmacology of peripheral nervous system Pharmacology of central nervous System Pharmacology of cardiovascular system Immunopharmacology Drugs acting on Respiratory system Pharmacology of Endocrine system Neurohumoral transmission in autonomic and central nervous system Vitamins & Minerals Chemotherapy Autacoids and their Antagonists Pharmacology of a drug acting on the gastrointestinal tract Chronopharmacology.|
The GPAT 2023 results will be declared by the National Testing Agency (NTA) once the exams are over. The candidates will be able to download the results online by visiting the official GPAT page from the 4th week of March 2023.
The results will not be sent to anyone by post or any other means. The candidates will have to download the admit card from its official website by providing some details such as application number, DOB, etc.
GPAT 2023 Cutoff
The GPAT 2023 cutoff will be released by the authorities on its official website along with the GPAT 2023 results. The 2023 cutoff is not out yet and will be updated once the cutoff list is out.
The candidates can refer to the last year’s cutoff trend mentioned below:
GPAT Cutoff 2023:
|Category||Cutoff scores||Total candidates|
The GPAT admit card is released by NTA every year. The GPAT 2023 admit card will be released by NTA in the third week of February 2023. Candidates are required to download their admit card by visiting the official website. The GPAT 2023 admit card contains important details such as the candidate’s name, parent’s name, date, time, and venue of the examination.
The candidates who have successfully registered themselves for the GPAT examination will only be able to download the GPAT 2023 admit card. Once the admit card gets downloaded by the candidate they need to keep it safely for future use.
GPAT 2023: Question Paper:
The GPAT 2023 question paper pdf is released by National Testing Agency (NTA) after the successful completion of the GPAT 2023 examination at their official website: gpat.nta.nic.in. Candidates can access the question paper using their GPAT application form number, password, or their date of birth.
FAQs Related to GPAT Exam 2023
Can I take GPAT on my personal computer?
No, the candidate can take the test on a pre-assigned computer on the exam date.
What is the time slot of the GPAT exam?
There is only a one-time slot for the GPAT exam, i.e., 9 AM-12 noon.
Can I leave the examination hall if I complete my test before the time?
No, students are not allowed leave the examination hall before the time.