IELTS Registration 2023 – IELTS is the most well-proficient language test among Indian students who are applying to universities overseas. IELTS Academic and IELTS General are the two forms that are offered. Aspiring candidates looking for higher studies must take the Academic test, while everyone else who needs IELTS results 2023 for a visa should take the General test.
Candidates have the option of registering for the exam offline or online, as per IELTS exam pattern 2023. Before IELTS registration 2023, locate the closest IELTS test center as it is offered in over 1,600 locations across more than 140 countries. In this article, we will walk you through every step of the IELTS registration 2023, eligibility, IELTS application form and other important details.
How to apply for IELTS registration 2023?
Aspirants can register for IELTS test in online and offline ways, as briefed down here:-
- Online – The quickest and simplest way to reserve an IELTS slot is through IDP IELTS registration. You must create an online profile by visiting the IDP IELTS registration web page. You can register whenever you want and, on any day, using the online approach.
The exam fee of INR 15000 will need to be paid. The applicant needs a valid passport in order to reserve a spot in the IELTS exam, as well as a debit or credit card to pay the registration fee.
- In-person (off-line)– In person registration is possible at the IDP India office. You can fill out a paper application at the office or download the online form. Demand drafts, Bank deposit slips, credit card/debit cards, and other payment methods are accepted for the fees. A prompt confirmation of your reservation will be given to you. Following are the contact information for IELTS offline registration:-
Flat No. 516-520, 5th Floor,
International Trade Tower, Nehru Place,
New Delhi- 110019
Eligibility criteria for IELTS application 2023
Before proceeding with the IELTS registration process, students should be aware of the following details regarding IELTS 2023 eligibility factors:-
- The IELTS exam is open for all and there are no specific eligibility criteria set by the conducting body.
- The respective institutes may have a different eligibility criterion but the IELTS has no specific selection criteria.
- IELTS test is recommended for candidates who are 16 years and above.
How to schedule IELTS test 2023
For the IELTS exam, you are free to select any IELTS test date 2023 that works for you. Candidates should be well aware about the flexibility of IELTS registration, tests and retest as highlighted below-
- Depending on local demand, the IELTS exam is offered on 48 set occasions (up to four times a month) each year. The candidates are free to take the exam on any of the 48 days that work best for them. In addition, candidates have unlimited opportunities to retake the test.
- There is no maximum number of attempts for the IELTS exam; students may take it as many times as necessary to achieve their desired score. The candidate must, however, pay the exam fee of INR 15,500 each time.
- The IELTS registration last date remains one week prior to the exam date. However, this is dependent on the number of seats that are available in the city or test facility where you want to sign up for the exam. You should have plenty of time to retake the exam if you feel your first try wasn’t very good.
Steps for IELTS online registration 2023
Candidates can follow the below steps to proceed with their IELTS exam registration form:-
- Visit the IELTS India official website; ieltsidpindia.com.
- In the home page, select the option “Register for Test.”
- IELTS online application form 2023 will be displayed on the next screen. Now, choose your desired exam, the type of test you are opting for, and a test day that is available in the preferred city.
- Thereafter, provide your private information such as, name, contact details, date of birth etc.
- Next, you need to be prepared with the Identity proof for registration. Provide your government ID proof such as, Aadhar card or PAN card.
- Now, you need to upload the copies of your passport. The applicant’s registration information must correspond to the information in their passport.
- Once you are done with the above steps, select your desired college from the list, where you wish to send your scores.
- At the final step, use the available payment method such as, debit card or credit cards to pay the exam fee and click on the Submit button. Be sure to double check all the information entered before proceeding further.
- Once the payment is transacted, an acknowledgement receipt will appear on the screen. Take a printout of the receipt for future references.
- You will receive an acknowledgment via the specified phone number or email after registering online.
Note:- You can reserve a slot online for the paper-based IELTS exam at your selected time and date. If your selected time window is not available, a time slot will be assigned automatically.
IELTS Test centers 2023: India
For references, we have listed all test centres in India where IELTS India exam is conducted around the year:-
- Navi Mumbai
IELTS registration 2023 Transfer/Reschedule
Aspirants can apply for transfer or rescheduling of IELTS exam 2023 at least 15 days prior to the scheduled test date. Candidates might have to reach out to the IDP IELTS contact centre to submit the change request. Additionally, candidates can also reschedule for a period of time greater than 34 days without giving a specific reason.
Cancellation of IELTS application 2023
Candidates must be aware of the following cancellation criteria of IELTS registration 2023:-
- IELTS test cancellation is only possible online if the test date is at least 15 to 34 days away from the day you are seeking for cancellation.
- The cancellation will take place once the request has been approved. After cancellation and approval, refunds will be processed within 8 to 10 business days.
FAQS Related to IELTS Exam Registration 2023
When will I get the allotted IELTS test centre information?
Two days prior to the test date, candidates will receive an email and SMS at the registered email address and cellphone number confirming their venue information and schedule.
What is the deadline to change the IELTS exam date 2023?
Aspirants can reschedule IELTS test date at least 15 days before exam.
How soon can I retake the IELTS exam 2023?
As mentioned above, IELTS exams are conducted 48 times in each year, which provides flexibility to candidates to appear for retest.