KCET 2024 Eligibility Criteria – Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) sets KCET Eligibility 2024 criteria along with KCET Official notification. Candidates should meet all the required eligibility to face the written exam. KEA will issue KCET Admit card 2024 to those candidates who meet and satisfy all KCET Eligibility 2024 criteria. Read the article to know about the limits and relaxations for KCET 2024.
KCET Eligibility Criteria 2024 Highlights
KEA declared some eligibility criteria which must be fulfilled by the candidates to give the KCET examination and those criteria are known as KCET eligibility criteria. Check the table drawn below to know about the particulars of KCET 2024 Eligibility criteria set by KEA.
|KCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria Particulars||Limit|
|Minimum Age||17 years|
|Education||Completed 10+2 or PUC|
|Number of Attempts||No upper age limit|
KCET is a state-level entrance examination to get the admission opportunity for Engineering, Architecture, Agriculture, B.VSc & AH, B.Pharma, D.Pharma, Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Dental (etc.). The candidates who pass the KCET exam will get the chance to be admitted into various Colleges/ institutions in the state of Karnataka. Know about Karnataka CET Exam Date 2024.
Detailed KCET Eligibility Criteria 2024:
KCET eligibility criterias are divided into two main categories, one is General Eligibility Criteria For All Candidates and another is Criteria for Government Seats.
General KCET Eligibility Criteria For All Candidates :
This category is for all the candidates. Every candidates must fulfil this category of KCET eligibility clause 2024. Various parameters belongs to this category such as candidates Nationality, Age, Educational Qualification, Minimum marks obtained in last exam etc.
KCET Nationality :
- Citizens of India alone can appear for the KCET 2024.
- Also J & k Migrants, children/ward of Members of Parliament.
- Candidates whose mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Koduva can also apply for KCET 2024.
- Students who studied schooling not less than 10 years in Karnataka can also apply for the exam.
- Any candidate outside of india (non-citizen of India) can’t apply for KCET Exam.
KCET Age Limit:
- Every Candidates must be atleast 17 years old to give the KCET Examination.
- As a proof of date of birth, candidates need to submit a transfer certificate or school leaving certificate.
KCET Educational Qualification :
There is a eligibility criteria related to Educational qualification must be fulfilled for every candidates who wants to give KCET Examination.
- The candidates must have passed PUC 2nd/ class 12 board examination. The candidates who appeared to PUC 2nd / class 12 board examination and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply for KCET.
- The candidates who wants to give KCET examination must have Mathematics and Physics as their compulsory subjects in class 12 along with English as a language subject and Biology/ Chemistry/ Electronics/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology as optional subjects.
- The candidates, passed their PUC exam/ Class 12 exam from Karnataka State Open University are not eligible for the KCET examination.
- Those candidates will not be eligible for KCET exam if they already obtained a seat through KCET in any previous years.
KCET Minimum Marks Required:
Minimum marks for KCET eligibility is depends on which course the candidate wants to take. Minimum marks according to the courses —
Course Wise KCET Eligibility
(KCET Eligibility for Engineering)
|For engineering, candidates must have passed (10+2) exam with English as a subject and 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics each.|
For SC/ST candidates, 40% marks is required in the above subjects.
English should be one of the compulsory languages.
|B.Arch||For B.Arch, Candidates must have passed (10+2) exam with Mathematics as a compulsory subject and obtained 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology each.|
For SC/ST candidates, 45% marks is required in the above subjects.
Candidates must have appeared for JEE Main Paper 2 or NATA.
|B.VSc and AH||For these courses, candidates must have passed (10+2) examination with the English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. |
A practical test will be conducted for BVSc and AH applicants.
(KCET Eligibility for Medical)
|For B.Pharma or D.Pharma, candidates must have passed (10+2) exam with 45% in physics, chemistry and mathematics/ Biology. |
For SC/ST candidates, 40% marks is required in the above subjects.
B.Tech Agriculture Engineering
B.Tech Food Technology
B.Tech Dairy Technology
|Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (PCMB) in class 12.|
Candidates seeking admission through Agriculture Quota will have to undergo a practice test.
The result of the test will have 50% weightage in the final admission process.
KCET Eligibility Criteria for Government Seats :
This category of criterias is specially dependent on domicile background. If any candidates domicile background satisfies any of these criteria then he/she will be able to get Government Seats.
- Candidate should have studied and passed either in one or more educational institutions for a minimum period of 7 academic years between 1st to 12th standard either government or government recognized institutions, only located in the state of Karnataka.
- Candidate should have studied and passed PUC 1st & PUC 2nd exam or 11th and 12th standard examination conducted by State of Karnataka.
- A candidate whose father/mother is a defence personnel who worked for atleast one year in the state of Karnataka during the PUC 1st & 2nd year or 11th and 12th standard.
- A candidate whose mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Kodava, must have studied and resident of Karnataka State for a duration of atleast 7 years between 1st and 12th standards of him or her. Such will have to go through the language test.
Important Facts of KCET Eligibility Criteria 2024
The following important facts are considered to meet all KCET 2024 Eligibility criteria.
- Students should read the official notification carefully and understand KCET Eligibility 2024 criteria.
- They should satisfy all the requirements to take the written exam and seek for Admission.
- It is necessary to submit original documents to support the limits. Failing to submit original documents or submitting fake documents are not entertained.
- Candidates if found underwent malpractices in satisfying the KCET Eligibility criteria 2024 are disqualified.
- KEA will issue KCET Admit card 2024 to those candidates who meet all KCET 2024 Eligibility criteria.
FAQs Related to KCET Eligibility criteria 2024
What is the KCET 2024 age limit?
Aspirants should have completed 17 years to take KCET 2024.
What is the education qualification based on KCET Eligibility Clause 2024?
Candidates should have cleared 10+2/PUC qualification or should have made an attempt for 10+2/PUC exam and waiting for 10+2 results can appear for KCET 2024.