KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2023: The Commissioner of Entrance Exam (CEE) releases the KEAM 2023 eligibility criteria on its website, ‘cee.kerala.gov.in’. The applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for the KEAM 2023 entrance exam. Read the complete article to learn more about the KEAM eligibility criteria.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2023 Highlights:
Before knowing about the eligibility criteria, the candidates are suggested to check the following information to get a quick idea about the KEAM Entrance Exam 2023.
|Exam name||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Entrance Examination|
|Conducting body||Commissioner of Entrance Exam (CEE)|
|Exam mode||Offline (pen and paper mode)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Number of papers||Two, |
Paper 1- Physics and chemistry
Paper 2 Mathematics
|KEAM Total Marks 2023||960|
|Marks for correct answer||+4|
|Marks deducted for the wrong attempt||-1|
Detailed Eligibility Criteria for KEAM 2023:
The eligibility criteria may depend on several factors including nationality, age limit, academic qualification, residence, etc. The candidates are divided into three categories as per their domicile fulfilment. Check eligibility requirement details below:
For the KEAM entrance examination, the age limit criteria are as mentioned below—
- The candidates must be a minimum of 17 years old by December 2023.
- There is no maximum age limit.
The nationality criteria are as mentioned below—
- The applying candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Both Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) will be eligible for the KEAM entrance examination in 2023.
- The candidates have to qualify for the 12th standard or equivalent exam with a minimum of 45% in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry respectively.
- If a candidate did not study Chemistry in 12th standard, the marks of Computer Science would be considered.
- If the candidate has not studied Chemistry or Computer Science, the marks of Biotechnology will be considered by the authority.
- If the candidate has not studied any of the above mentioned three subjects, Biology marks will be considered.
The domiciles are divided into three different categories i.e. a) Keralite, b) Not-Keralite–I, c) Non-Keralite–II.
- Keralite: The applicants who are belonging to the state Kerala.
- Not-Keralite–I: Those candidates who have met the given conditions but do not fall under the Keralite category, will be considered for admissions under the Non-Keralite– I.
- The candidate who is not a permanent resident of Kerala but has completed their 8 to 12th standard exams in Kerala.
- The candidate who has qualified for their qualifying examination in Kerala but the parents are from another state and served for Central Government posted to Kerala fall under this category.
- The candidate Who has completed the 10th standard or 12th standard examination from Kerala, and also the Non- Keralite parent who is serving or served a minimum period of two years for the Kerala state government.
- The candidate who is not a permanent resident of Kerala state but has completed a minimum of 5 years of study period out of 12 years in the state.
- Non-Keralite–II: The Non-Keralite–II candidates will be eligible for admission.
- The candidates in this category will be admitted when the Keralite and Non- Keralite I (NK I) candidates are not available for admission.
- The candidates also note that Communal/ Special/ Persons with Disabilities reservations or any fee concession will not be given to candidates belonging to this category.
KEAM Qualifying Marks
For MBBS, BMS, BSMS Courses:
- The applicants who have passed the 12th standard examination (Higher Secondary), Kerala or equivalent with a minimum of 50% or above marks in Biology and minimum of 50% or above marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry can apply for MBBS, BMS, BSMS Courses.
- The candidates must hold a valid NEET Score Card 2023.
For BUMS Course:
- The applicants who have passed their 12th standard examination or equivalent with a minimum of 50% or above marks in Biology and 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as per criteria.
- The candidates must pass 10th standard with Urdu/Arabic/Persian as a subject conducted by any recognized Board/ Registered Society authorized by the Government.
For B. Pharm Course:
- The candidates who have passed the 12th standard or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in Biology/ Mathematics and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Mathematics can apply for B. Pharm course.
For B.V.Sc. & AH courses:
- The candidates who have the 12th standard or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% or above marks in aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology can apply for B.V.Sc. & AH courses.
For Architecture Course:
- The candidates who have passed the 12th standard or equivalent exam from a recognized board scoring a minimum of 50% or above marks in aggregate and Mathematics as a subject can apply for the architecture course.
- Applicants who have 10th standard with 3 years diploma course in any stream with 50% aggregate marks and Mathematics as a subject are able for the course.
For engineering Course:
- The candidates must have passed the 12th standard or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry(or Computer Science, Biotechnology, Biology) respectively.
FAQs related to KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2023:
What is the official website of the KEAM entrance examination 2023?
The official website of the KEAM 2023 entrance exam is ‘cee.kerala.gov.in’.
Who can apply for KEAM Entrance Examination?
The candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria can apply for the KEAM Entrance Exam.