BITSAT Exam Pattern 2023 – BITSAT is the entrance examination for admission into various engineering courses offered at the Birla Institute Of Technology And Sciences. The BITSAT 2023 is a highly competitive examination conducted annually.
Since 2022, there have been some changes in the BITSAT exam pattern. Instead of 150 questions, only 130 questions will be asked in the BITSAT online exam pattern 2023. Aspiring candidates should continue reading the following information to know more about BITSAT new exam pattern 2023.
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2023 Details
The BITSAT 2023 exam pattern has been changed from the year 2022. Candidates have to attempt a total of 130 questions from physics, chemistry, mathematics, English, and logical reasoning.
If the students complete the BITSAT examination 2023 before time, they can attempt the optional 12 questions. In the BITSAT 2023 exam pattern, the negative marking will be -1 for each wrong question.
Subject-wise BITSAT 2023 exam pattern
|Subject||Number of questions||Total marks|
Subject-wise Question distribution
- Physics will consist of 30 questions of 3 marks each. Chemistry will consist of 30 questions of 3 marks each.
- Mathematics will have 40 questions of 3 marks each.
- English will have 10 questions of 3 marks each.
- Logical reasoning will consist of 20 questions of 3 marks each.
BITSAT Exam mode
BITSAT 2023 new exam pattern will be a computer-based test conducted in online mode. The duration of the examination is 3 hours, whereas there is no time limit for completing the individual sections of the BITSAT 2023 examination.
What are the key points to remember for BITSAT online exam pattern 2023?
- BITSAT 2023 exam pattern is in the online mode. The exam will be conducted through computers. Every question will be displayed on the screen, along with four options. The candidates will have to choose any one of the answers. This answer can be changed during the duration of the BITSAT examination 2023.
- BITSAT 2023 exam pattern is unlike the normal paper-pen method of conducting an examination. In this case, the candidates will have to go to the BITSAT 2023 exam center and then appear for the exam in online mode. Candidates also have the freedom to choose their preferences for a date, day, time, and center of the exam.
- Every question will carry 3 marks each. 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The BITSAT 2023 exam duration is 3 hours.
- Using BITSAT Answer Key 2023 and marking scheme, students can calculate their probable marks of BITSAT Exam Result 2023.
What is the purpose behind the 12 optional questions in the BITSAT 2023 new exam pattern?
In case, a candidate attempts all 130 questions without skipping anything, the candidate can attempt the extra 12 questions. This will help the candidate utilize the remaining time to score better marks. These extra questions will consist of 4 questions each from physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
Students who are good at studies will be able to solve the 130 questions on time and also attempt all the extra questions. It will help them score better marks. This is how BITSAT 2023 exam pattern has been designed.
The candidates willing to solve the complete BITSAT Question Paper 2023 should be very well prepared. Speed and accuracy are the key elements for getting through the BITSAT examination 2023.
- BITSAT Registration 2023 Last Date
- BITSAT Exam 2023 Date
- BITSAT Admit Card 2023 Download
- BITSAT Slot booking Date 2023
- BITSAT fees for BTech
FAQs Released to BITSAT Paper Pattern 2023:-
What is the BITSAT 2023 exam pattern negative marking?
In the BITSAT 2023 examination, 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
What is the total time duration for the BITSAT 2023 exam?
BITSAT 2023 examination will be conducted for a total of 3 hours.
Is BITSAT 2023 exam pattern online?
Yes, BITSAT 2023 exam will be conducted online only.