CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2023: The Central Board if Secondary Education (CBSE) will release the CBSE 10th class home science syllabus 2023 on its official website cbseacademic.nic.in. Candidates should refer to CBSE 10th class syllabus 2023 and they must ensure they go through the CBSE class 10 exam pattern 2023 to get insights of exam.
Candidates will be able to download the CBSE 10th class home science syllabus 2023 as it will help them in preparing well for the exam. Below are a few important details regarding the CBSE class 10th home science syllabus 2023.
Links for CBSE Class 10th Home Science Syllabus 2023
Given below is a table that consists of the links regarding the CBSE class 10th home science syllabus 2023.
|CBSE 10th Class Home Science Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
How to Download CBSE Class 10th Home Science Syllabus 2023?
Candidates must visit the official website and download the CBSE 10th class home science syllabus 2023 for future purposes. Given below is a step-by-step explanation of how to download the CBSE 10th grade home science syllabus 2023.
- Candidates must visit the official website of CBSE (cbseacademic.nic.in syllabus 2023).
- They must click on the “CBSE Class 10th Curriculum” link.
- The tab consisting of the CBSE 10th class syllabus 2023 will be displayed on the candidate’s screen.
- They are required to click on the “CBSE Class 10th Home Science Syllabus.”
- After the syllabus opens up, candidates are required to download it and store it for future purposes.
Sectional Breakdown of the CBSE 10th Class Home Science 2023
Given below is a table consisting of the sectional breakdown of the CBSE 10th grade home science syllabus 2023.
|No.||Units||Marks||No. of Periods|
|1||Human Growth & Development – II||12||20|
|2||Management of Resources||12||20|
|3||Food and Personal Hygiene||08||16|
|5||Food Safety and Consumer Education||12||20|
|6||Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel||13||20|
Unit Wise Breakdown of the CBSE Class 10 Home Science Syllabus 2023
Given below is a detailed breakdown of the various units of the CBSE 10th class home science syllabus 2023.
Unit I : Human growth &development II
- a. Play (birth-5 years), role of play in growth & development of children. Types of playactive, passive, natural, serious and exploratory, selection of play material for children.
- b. Childhood(3 to11 years)-Age specific milestones- Physical, motor ,social, emotional, cognitive and language
- c. Adolescents : Special Features- Physical and biological, motor ,social, emotional, Cognitive and language
Unit II: Management of Resources: Time, Energy and Money
- Time Management – Definition and Importance
- Time plans – Factors affecting time plan
- Energy Management : Definition and Importance
- Fatigue and work Simplification
Unit III : Food and Personal Hygiene
- Principles of hygienic handling and serving of food
- Hygiene in kitchen
- Personal hygiene of food handler
- Hygiene during food storage
Unit IV :Meal Planning
- a) Concept of Meal Planning
- b) Factors affecting meal planning – age, sex, climate, occupation, cost of food items, number of family members, occasion, availability of food, family traditions, likes and dislikes
- c) Basic food groups given by ICMR
- d) Use of food groups in planning balanced meal for self and family.
Unit V : Food Safety and Consumer Education
- a) Problems faced by Consumer- Price variation, poor quality, Faulty weights and measures, Non-availability of goods, Misleading information, Lack of standardized products
- b) Food adulteration : Concept, adulterants(Metanil yellow, Argemone ,Kesari dal) and harmful effects of these adulterants on human health
- c) Food Safety Standards-FSSAI (2006)
Unit VI : Care and Maintenance of Fabrics and Apparel
- a) Cleaning and finishing agents used in routine care of clothes.
- b) Stain Removal
- c) Storage of cotton, silk, wool and synthetics
CBSE 10th Class Home Science Syllabus 2023; Scheme for Practical Examination
Given below is a table consisting of the CBSE 10th class home science 2023 scheme for practical examination.
|a)||Plan a balanced meal for yourself||5 Marks|
|b)||Prepare a time plan for self for one day||5 Marks|
|c)||Remove any two stain from white cotton sample- curry, grease, ball pen ink, lipstick, tea and coffee||5 Marks|
|II||Play Material||8 Marks|
|III||File Work||5 Marks|
- How to Prepare for CBSE Class 10
- CBSE 10th Admit Card 2023
- CBSE 10th Result 2023
- CBSE Class 10 Previous Year Question Papers PDF
- CBSE Sample Paper Class 10 2023
FAQs Related to CBSE 10th Class Home Science Syllabus 2023
Is the CBSE 10th grade home science syllabus for 2023 available online?
Yes, the CBSE 10th class home science syllabus 2023 is available on the official website of the CBSE.
When will the CBSE 10th home science exam 2023 be conducted?
The CBSE 10th exam date 2023 for home science is expected to fall in the month of March 2023.