The Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) has shared the CBSE Class 10 Exam Pattern 2022 on their website. It contains the names of the chapters and the units which are to be assessed in both the terms. Along with the names of the chapters, CBSE also specifies the weightage of each chapter of CBSE 10th exam syllabus 2022.
CBSE 10th exam Pattern 2022 has the information regarding theory paper conducted by board and the Internal assessment which is conducted by the respective schools.
What are new changes in CBSE Class 10 Exam Pattern 2022?
- This time the CBSE Class exam pattern 2022 Class 10 has been divided in two parts – Term 1 and Term 2. Term 1 has been conducted, whereas term 2 will be held as per CBSE 10th exam date 2022.
- Term 1 examination is entirely objective in which students need to fill an CBSE OMR sheet whereas CBSE term 2 examination is entirely subjective.
- According to CBSE Class 10 exam pattern 2022, duration of the term 2 examination will be of 2 hours and there will be no MCQ question in the Term 2 paper. The final exam pattern will be released through CBSE Class 10 sample paper 2022.
Subject-wise CBSE 10th Class Exam Pattern 2022 for Term 2
Below given are the CBSE Exam Pattern Class 10 2022 for each subject which contains the name of the chapters or the units which are to be assessed in the Board examination along with its individual weightage. Students can make their preparation plan accordingly.
CBSE 10th Exam Pattern 2022 for Maths
|Statistics and Probability||8|
Check subject-wise CBSE passing marks for Class 10
CBSE Exam Pattern 2022 Class 10th for Science
|Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour – Chapter 4 & 5||10|
|Word of Living – Chapter 8 & 9||13|
|Effects of Current – Chapter 10 & 13||10|
|Natural Resources – Chapter 15||5|
CBSE Class 10 Exam Pattern 2022 For Social Science
|India and the Contemporary world||10|
CBSE Class 10th Exam Pattern 2022 For English
|Writing and Grammatical Skills||10|
CBSE Class 10th Exam Pattern 2022 For Hindi
|Reading Section ( Unseen Passage )||10|
|Writing and Grammar Section||16|
CBSE Class 10th Exam Pattern 2022 For Computer Application
|Basic of Information technology||20|
|Office tools – II||5|
CBSE Class 10th Exam Pattern 2022 Home Science
|Fiber and Fabric||14|
|Management of Safety and Management of Emergencies||7|
CBSE 10th Exam Pattern 2022 – Grading System
As per the CBSE 2022 Exam Pattern Class 10, the board will be assessing the students on the basis of the 9 point grading system. Students will be given different grades on the basis of the marks they got.
- A1 — 91 – 100
- A2 — 81 – 90
- B1 — 71 – 80
- B2 — 61 – 70
- C1 — 51 – 60
- C2 — 41 – 50
- D — 31 – 40
- E1 — 21 – 30
- E2 — 0 – 20
Internal Assessment in CBSE 10th Exam Pattern 2022
Out of total 100 marks, 20 marks will be given as internal marks by the respective schools. The school authorities will award these marks on the basis of the periodic tests, notebook submission and other practicals or subject enrichment activities conducted in the School.
- The periodic tests are pen paper based tests conducted in the school and checked by school teachers. These tests will be used to check the preparation level of the students, before the main examination and provide extra focus if a student needs it.
- Notebook submission marks are usually given on the basis of the regularity of the submission of their notebooks or registers of each subject. Also the classroom behaviour is also assessed under this category.
- Subject Enrichment activities can have any type of activity like in Maths and Science, usually there are practicals conducted based on the curriculum and in SST, there can be any activity like a quiz or a narration and in Language subjects, usually an assessment of speaking and listening is conducted.
- CBSE Board fees 2022
- CBSE Class 10 Hall ticket 2022
- CBSE Class 10th Answer Key 2022
- CBSE Board exam preparation tips 2022 for Class 10
FAQs CBSE Class 10 Exam Pattern 2022
Is there any change in the CBSE 10th Pattern 2022?
Yes, CBSE has made some major changes in the CBSE 2022 Exam Pattern for class 10th. There will be two board examinations in which Term 1 is objective and term 2 is completely subjective.
What if I fail to get the passing marks in CBSE 10th Board examination?
According to CBSE, if a student fails in one or more subjects, then he/she will have to appear in the compartment exams in order to improve their scores.
Is there any negative marking in any paper conducted by CBSE Board?
No, term 1 and term 2 examinations do not have any negative marking in the paper, as per CBSE Class 10 exam pattern 2022.
Also Know About Class 12 Articles