CBSE Class 10 IT Syllabus 2024 – The class 10 CBSE Syllabus for Information Technology had been released by CBSE for the year 2024. CBSE aims at making IT an important part of the CBSE class 10 syllabus 2025. The CBSE subject code for Information Technology is 402.
Objectives of the CBSE Class 10 Information Technology Syllabus 2024
Following are the objectives of the New CBSE IT curriculum 2024.
- The students will be introduced to the concepts of digital documentation, digital spreadsheet, digital presentation, database management, and internal security.
- To provide in-depth training about the use of data entry, internet, and internet tools.
- To make students aware of the IT and IT-enabled services.
- To make students capable of being able to work in the IT and related sectors.
CBSE Class 10 IT Syllabus 2024 PDF Download Link
- Click Here to download CBSE 10th IT Syllabus PDF 2024.
- Click Here to download CBSE Class 10 IT Syllabus PDF 2023
Students can read the following CBSE Class 10 IT syllabus 2024. This article provide some important information regarding syllabus updates to the students.
- CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2024
- CBSE Class 10 Physical Education Syllabus 2024
- CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2024
- CBSE Class 10 Hindustani Music Syllabus 2024
- CBSE Class 10 Introduction to Tourism Syllabus 2024
CBSE Class 10 IT Syllabus Structure 2024
The CBSE class 10 Information Technology 2024 Syllabus is divided into four parts.
- The first part includes the topics of employability skills.
- The second part includes the contents related to the subject-specific skills.
- The third part of the CBSE IT Syllabus 2024 is all about the practicals.
- The fourth part contains the fieldwork and portfolio.
Students should go through the following tables to know more details about the CBSE class 10 Information Technology Syllabus 2024
|Units||No. of hours for theory and practical||Maximum marks for theory and practical|
|Unit 1:- Communication skills – ll||10||–|
|Unit 2:- Self-management – ll||10||3|
|Unit 3:- ICT skills – ll||10||3|
|Unit 4:- Entrepreneurial skills – ll||15||4|
|Unit 5:- Green skills – ll||05||–|
|Subject-specific skills||Theory ( in hours)||Practicals (in hours)||Marks|
|Unit 1:- Digital documentation (Advanced)||12||18||8|
|Unit 2:- Electronic spreadsheet (advanced)||15||23||10|
|Unit 3:- Database management system||18||27||12|
|Unit 4:- Web applications and security||15||22||10|
|Project work/ field visit||10|
|Portfolio/ practical file||10|
|Total hours||Total marks|
How will these marks be assessed?
According to the latest CBSE class 10 IT syllabus, the marks won’t be calculated based on any theory examination. Rather the marks will be calculated through an internal assessment of the student.
The teachers would give these marks as per the student’s performance in the internal activities related to Information Technology.
- CBSE class 10 sample paper PDF Download 2024
- Previous Year Question Paper Class 10 CBSE
- CBSE 10th Result 2024 by Name and father Name
- CBSE new pattern for Class 10 2024
- CBSE Board exam date 2024 Class 10
FAQs Related to CBSE Class 10 IT Syllabus 2024
What is the subject code for IT class 10?
The subject code for Class 10 IT is 402.
Is Information Technology a good subject?
Yes, Information Technology is a very good subject to study. It might turn into an asset for students who are looking forward to making a career in the IT sector.