CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2024: The CBSE board has released the CBSE 12th class syllabus 2024 on its official website, cbseacademic.nic.in. It is of utmost importance for candidates to download the CBSE syllabus 2024 for 12th class computer science.
This will help them get a greater understanding of the CBSE Class 12 exam pattern 2024, marking scheme, and difficulty level of the paper and will allow them to analyze their strengths and weaknesses. The information provided below will help candidates learn more about the CBSE 12th computer science syllabus 2024.
Links to Download CBSE Class 12th Computer Science Syllabus 2024
Given below is a table consisting of the links to download the CBSE class 12th computer science syllabus 2024.
|CBSE 12th Class Computer Science Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|CBSE 12th Class Computer Science Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
How to Download CBSE Class 12th Computer Science Syllabus 2024?
Candidates must ensure they visit the official website and download the CBSE 12th class syllabus 2024 for computer science, as it will help them prepare well for the exam. Below are a few essential details regarding the CBSE 12th computer science syllabus 2024.
- Visit the CBSE’s official website at cbseacademic.nic.in.
- Click on “Senior Secondary Curriculum.”
- They must click on the academic electives and click on the “Computer Science New Syllabus.”
- The CBSE class 12 computer syllabus 2024 will be made available on the screen.
- Candidates must ensure they download the CBSE 12th class syllabus in PDF form for future purposes.
Sectional Division of CBSE 12th Computer Science Syllabus 2024
Candidates must note that the CBSE 12th Computer Syllabus 2024 has been divided into a few parts. Given is a table consisting of the sectional division of the CBSE 12th class computer science syllabus 2024.
|Unit No.||Unit Name||Marks|
|I||Computational Thinking andProgramming – 2||40|
Sectional Division of CBSE 12th Class Practical Syllabus 2024
Candidates are required to refer to the CBSE 12th class syllabus 2024, as it will help them understand the weightage of various topics in the final exam. A detailed explanation of the CBSE 12th practical syllabus 2024 is provided in the table below.
|Unit Name||Marks (Total=30)|
|Python program (60% logic + 20% documentation + 20% code quality)||8|
|SQL queries (4 queries based on one or|
|Minimum 15 Python programsSQL Queries – Minimum 5 sets using one table / two tables.Minimum 4 programs based on Python – SQL connectivity.||7|
|Project (using concepts learnt in Classes 11 and 12)||8|
CBSE Class 12th Computer Science Unit Wise Syllabus 2024 for Theory
The CBSE 12th grade computer science syllabus 2024 consists of three units. Candidates must thoroughly understand the CBSE class 12 syllabus 2024 for computer science, as this will help them in preparing well for the CBSE class 12 board exam. Below are a few important details regarding the CBSE class 12th computer science syllabus 2024 for theory.
Unit I: Computational Thinking and Programming – 2
- Revision of Python topics covered in Class XI.
- Functions: types of function (built-in functions, functions defined in module, user
- defined functions), creating user defined function, arguments and parameters, default
- parameters, positional parameters, function returning value(s), flow of execution, scope
- of a variable (global scope, local scope)
- Exception Handling: Introduction, handling exceptions using try-except-finally blocks
- Introduction to files, types of files (Text file, Binary file, CSV file), relative
- and absolute paths
- Text file: opening a text file, text file open modes (r, r+, w, w+, a, a+), closing a text
- file, opening a file using with clause, writing/appending data to a text file using write()
- and writelines(), reading from a text file using read(), readline() and readlines(), seek
- and tell methods, manipulation of data in a text file
- Binary file: basic operations on a binary file: open using file open modes (rb, rb+, wb,
- wb+, ab, ab+), close a binary file, import pickle module, dump() and load() method,
- read, write/create, search, append and update operations in a binary file
- CSV file: import csv module, open / close csv file, write into a csv file using
- writer(),writerow(),writerows() and read from a csv file using reader()
- Data Structure: Stack, operations on stack (push & pop), implementation of stack using list.
Unit II: Computer Networks
● Evolution of networking: introduction to computer networks, evolution of networking
(ARPANET, NSFNET, INTERNET)
● Data communication terminologies: concept of communication, components of data
communication (sender,receiver, message, communication media, protocols),
measuring capacity of communication media (bandwidth, data transfer rate), IP
address, switching techniques (Circuit switching, Packet switching)
● Transmission media: Wired communication media (Twisted pair cable, Co-axial cable,
Fiber-optic cable), Wireless media (Radio waves, Micro waves, Infrared waves)
● Network devices (Modem, Ethernet card, RJ45, Repeater, Hub, Switch, Router,
Gateway, WIFI card)
● Network topologies and Network types: types of networks (PAN, LAN, MAN, WAN),
networking topologies (Bus, Star, Tree)
● Network protocol: HTTP, FTP, PPP, SMTP, TCP/IP, POP3, HTTPS, TELNET, VoIP
● Introduction to web services: WWW, Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML),
Extensible Markup Language (XML), domain names, URL, website, web browser,
web servers, web hosting
Unit III: Database Management
● Database concepts: introduction to database concepts and its need
● Relational data model: relation, attribute, tuple, domain, degree, cardinality, keys
(candidate key, primary key, alternate key, foreign key)
● Structured Query Language: introduction, Data Definition Language and Data
Manipulation Language, data type (char(n), varchar(n), int, float, date), constraints (not
null, unique, primary key), create database, use database, show databases, drop
database, show tables, create table, describe table, alter table (add and remove an
attribute, add and remove primary key), drop table, insert, delete, select, operators
(mathematical, relational and logical), aliasing, distinct clause, where clause, in,
between, order by, meaning of null, is null, is not null, like, update command, delete
command, aggregate functions (max, min, avg, sum, count), group by, having clause,
joins: cartesian product on two tables, equi-join and natural join
● Interface of python with an SQL database: connecting SQL with Python, performing
insert, update, delete queries using cursor, display data by using connect(), cursor(),
execute(), commit(), fetchone(), fetchall(), rowcount, creating database connectivity applications, use of %s format specifier or format() to perform queries
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2024 for Practical
Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2024 is updated with two sub-divisions including Python programming and Database Management. Read out the updated CBSE Class 12 Computer Science 2024 syllabus for practicals.
Read a text file line by line and display each word separated by a #.
● Read a text file and display the number of vowels/consonants/uppercase/lowercase
characters in the file.
● Remove all the lines that contain the character ‘a’ in a file and write it to another file.
● Create a binary file with name and roll number. Search for a given roll number and
display the name, if not found display appropriate message.
● Create a binary file with roll number, name and marks. Input a roll number and update
● Write a random number generator that generates random numbers between 1 and 6 (simulates a dice).
- Write a Python program to implement a stack using list.
- Create a CSV file by entering user-id and password, read and search the password for
given user id.
- Create a student table and insert data. Implement the following SQL commands on the
o ALTER table to add new attributes / modify data type / drop attribute
o UPDATE table to modify data
o ORDER By to display data in ascending / descending order
o DELETE to remove tuple(s)
o GROUP BY and find the min, max, sum, count and average.
- Similar exercise may be framed for other cases.
- Integrate SQL with Python by importing suitable module.
- NCERT Textbook for COMPUTER SCIENCE (Class XII)
- Support Materials on the CBSE website.
- CBSE 12th Admit Card 2024
- CBSE 12th Date Sheet 2024
- CBSE Class 12 Sample Papers 2024
- CBSE 12th Result 2024
- CBSE Previous Year Question Paper Class 12 PDF
FAQs Related to CBSE Class 12th Computer Science Syllabus 2024
What are the passing marks for computer science?
The minimum CBSE 12th passing marks for the computer science exam are 33 percent.
Where can candidates download the CBSE class 12th computer science syllabus 2024?
The CBSE computer science syllabus 2024 for class 12th is now available to download from the official website and through the direct link given in this page.