GRE Registration 2022– Administered by ETS, Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is one of the most widely used assessments for graduate admissions globally. Students who want to apply for graduate courses in other countries must take the GRE exam. In this article, we’ll talk about GRE exam registration 2022, GRE eligibility, types of GRE test and more.
GRE registration 2022 last date: There is no specified last date for registration. But, if you are registering for GRE exam via call, then you will have to register at least two days before the chosen GRE exam date 2022.
Eligibility criteria for GRE Registration 2022
Educational Testing Service (ETS), the organizing body that administers GRE exam, has not established any age or educational requirements for students who wish to apply for GRE registration 2022. Below are the basic details that a candidate should aware of:
- As GRE is a test for graduate school entry, students must have finished their undergraduate level successfully.
- Candidates should be aware that not all graduate schools and universities require candidates to have a GRE score for admission. Whether or not a candidate’s GRE scores are required as part of the application process is entirely up to the university and the course applied for.
GRE Registration 2022: Two types of GRE Test
Candidates can register for two types of tests: GRE General Test and GRE Subject Test. Both are explained below:
GRE General Test
The GRE General Test involves verbal thinking, numerical aptitude, and analytical writing skills. The general test score is accepted by most graduate colleges. Most of the students prefer GRE general exam. It takes place throughout the year at several intervals, and candidates can schedule their exam whenever they choose.
GRE Subject Test
The GRE Subject Test evaluates a candidate’s expertise in a specific subject area. Biochemistry (Molecular and cell Biology), Chemistry,Biology, Physics, Literature (English), Psychology and Maths are among the disciplines tested. Like an entrance exam, the exam is held on a fixed date for every applicant.
How to apply for GRE Registration 2022?
Aspirants can register for GRE exam in a variety of ways, including online and over the phone. In addition, candidates can also register by mail or fax. Candidates will need to pay the $213 registration fee and a valid passport or Aadhar Card during the registration process.
Options available for GRE Registration online are as follows:
- Online GRE Online Registration
- GRE Registration by phone
- GRE Registration by email
- GRE Registration via fax
Steps for GRE Registration 2022 Online
Candidates looking to register for GRE General Test can check out the below step-by-step process to register for the Graduate Record Exam 2022 and successfully book an exam slot online.
- Visit the Official Website of ETS- ereg.ets.org
- Proceed to create your profile. Fill in required personal information including, name, communication mode and postal address.
- Enter the username and password
- On the next step, candidates need to submit a GRE application form 2022.
- Select your GRE test date for 2022 and GRE test center.
- Pay the GRE registration form cost of $213.
- Confirm and submit your GRE application.
- Take a printout and save your GRE submission details for future reference.
GRE Registration by Mail
Print and fill out the GRE application form 2022, then post it with the GRE registration fee to the address below.
2nd floor, DLF Infinity Tower–A
Sector 25, Phase II,
DLF City, Gurgaon,
Haryana – 122002
GRE Registration by Phone
Candidates can follow the below procedure for GRE exam registration 2022:
- Call the Regional Registration Center (RRC)- ‘Prometric’, located in Gurgaon, Haryana. The phone number is 91-124-4147700.
- The call should be made at least two business days prior to your preferred GRE test date.
- A confirmation number, GRE test center address and reporting time will be communicated to you over the phone.
GRE registration by Fax
Follow the below mentioned guidelines to apply GRE registration 2022 via fax:
- Print and fill up GRE application form 2022. Then, send it to 91-124-4147773 with the GRE registration fee.
- The GRE application form should be received at least seven days ( preferably two to three weeks) before your selected GRE test date 2022.
GRE Registration 2022 for Specially Disabled Candidates
ETS provides services and reasonable accommodations that are acceptable for the exam’s purpose as part of their commitment to supporting test takers with disabilities and health-related difficulties. Before their GRE Exam can be scheduled, candidates who require assistance or accommodations must submit their requests and have their accommodations authorised by ETS Disability Services.
- You must submit your request together with the relevant documentation, and the full procedure might take up to six weeks from the time your application is received.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply for housing as soon as feasible. Candidates can only reserve a GRE test session once they have received confirmation that their accommodations have been approved.
Checklist for GRE Registration 2022
Candidates must follow the below guidelines when applying for ETS GRE exam 2022:
- Know the total GRE registration fees that must be paid.
- Understand the GRE registration Id requirements (documents and related details).
- Always double-check seat availability for your selected exam location and dates.
- Remember to select the GRE test date as early as possible so that you have enough time to submit your GRE scores by the deadline determined by the institutes you’re applying to.
FAQs related to GRE Registration 2022
Can I register for GRE test 2022 with Aadhaar Card?
Yes, starting July 1, 2021, ETS, the GRE exam’s governing body, has announced that they will accept Aadhar cards from Indian students taking the GRE exam if they do not have their passports to create a GRE student ID. Because new passports have not been provided at a normal rate due to the pandemic, students who have not yet received their passports can temporarily use their Aadhar cards as proof of identification. This service’s expiration date has yet to be determined.
Can I apply for GRE general test at home?
Yes, ETS has launched the GRE test at Home version in response to the continuing epidemic. Due to the limited functioning of GRE test centers as a result of state-wide lockdowns, ETS, has introduced the GRE General Test from the comfort of your own home.
What are the payment options accepted in GRE Registration 2022?
ETS GRE registration 2022 accepts both the offline and online payment method. Both debit and credit cards including Visa, Master card, American Express cards etc, are accepted as an online payment method. Candidates can use their suitable mode to transact the GRE registration fee 2022.