MAT 2023 Exam Pattern: The MAT paper pattern 2023 is divided into five sections such as mathematical skills, critical reasoning, data interpretation, language comprehension, and Indian and global environments. To know more about the MAT exam pattern 2023, candidates can refer to the information given below.
Overview of MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The MAT exam pattern 2023 will consist of various sections and the number of questions is 200. The MAT 2023 exam will be conducted for 2 hours and 30 minutes. Given below is an overview of the MAT 2023 exam. Candidates can refer to the information given below.
Highlights MAT Exam Pattern 2023
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test (MAT)|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam Frequency||Four times a year – February, May, September, December|
|Exam Mode||CBT, IBT, PBT|
|MAT Registration Fees||Rs 1950|
|Number of Sections in MAT exam pattern 2023||5|
|Sections||Mathematical skills, Critical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and Data interpretation and Indian & Global Environment|
|Duration of the exam||2 hr. 30 min. (150 mins)|
|Total Questions||200 (every question has 4 options)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for every correct answer and |
-0.25 for every wrong answer
Breakdown of Various Sections in MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
MAT exam is the first stage of MAT Selection Procedure 2023. There are five sections in the MAT 2023 Exam Pattern. The sections include intelligence and critical reasoning, mathematical skills, language comprehension, data analysis and sufficiency, and the indian global environment.
The paper consists of 200 questions, which must be completed within the stipulated time of 150 minutes. It is of utmost importance that candidates know the sectional division of the MAT 2023 exam paper pattern.
Candidates can refer to the section-wise MAT paper pattern in the following table.
Sectionw-wise MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||40|
|Indian and Global environment||40||40|
MAT 2023 Exam Total Marks
The MAT 2023 exam paper will consist of 200 marks. The MAT 2023 exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes. The exam consists of five sections.
- The first section is known as the language comprehension section, consisting of 40 marks for each question. In this section, 40 questions are asked for 40 marks.
- In mathematical skills, 40 questions are asked for 40 marks.
- In the next section, data analysis and sufficiency, 40 questions are asked for 40 marks each.
- The intelligence and critical reasoning section consists of 40 marks for 40 questions.
- Lastly, the Indian and global environment consists of 40 questions for 40 marks.
- CMAT Exam Pattern 2023
- MAT Total Questions
- IIFT Negative Marking
- XAT negative marking for unattempted questions
- CAT exam time duration
MAT 2023 Negative Marking
The MAT 2023 Exam Pattern consists of negative marking in the question paper. The candidates are required to answer the questions carefully, as for every wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25, and for every question answered correctly, the candidate will be awarded 1 mark.
To know more about marking scheme of MAT exam pattern 2023, candidates can refer to the table given below.
MAT 2023 Marking Scheme
|Total Sections||No of questions asked||Negative Marking||Marks for the correct answers|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||-0.25||+1|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||-0.25||+1|
|Indian and Global environment||40||-0.25||+1|
Total Questions in MAT 2023 Exam Paper
The total number of questions that will be asked in the MAT 2023 exam is 200. There is no section with the highest weightage. Each section has been given the same weightage. Every section in the paper has been allotted 40 marks.
It is of utmost importance that candidates give weightage to each and every section. Candidates have to focus on each and every section individually for better performance in the exam.
MAT 2023 Mocks and Sample Papers
- The MAT 2023 exam ranges from moderate to difficult. It consists of some of the most prestigious MBA colleges in the country.
- To thoroughly understand the MAT 2023 exam pattern, candidates are required to solve sample papers.
- Candidates have to start solving mock tests while preparing for the MAT 2023 exam.
- It is important that candidates get accustomed to the exam pattern through the MAT 2023 mock tests.
- Solving the mock tests and sample papers helps a candidate on the final day of the exam. This helps the candidate to be confident, and the candidates can do well in the exam.
FAQs Related to the MAT 2023 Exam Pattern
How many questions will be asked in the MAT 2023 exam paper?
Candidates will be asked 200 questions in the MAT 2023 exam from the various sections given below.
Indian and Global Environment
Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
Data Analysis and Sufficiency
What is the exam mode for the MAT 2023?
The MAT 2023 exam mode consists of 3 exam modes. It includes Computer-based Test (CBT) mode, Paper-based test mode, and Internet-Based Test (IBT). It is important to note that the MAT exam pattern 2023 will be the same for every mode of exam.