NEET CutOff 2022 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be releasing the NEET Cut Off 2022 about a month after the NEET Exam 2022. The NEET CutOff 2022 will be released along with the NEET Results 2022 through online mode only on their official website that is neet.nta.nic.in.
NTA releases two different NEET Cut Off 2022, one being the qualifying marks to pass the NEET examination and other being the NEET Cut Off 2022 for getting admission in different colleges. In the second list, the rank based cut off is provided on the basis of which the candidates can apply in the given colleges for admission.
Factors affecting NEET 2022 Cut Off
The NEET Cut Off 2022 is affected by different factors which are mentioned below:
- The number of students/candidates appearing for the examination through NEET 2022 OMR Sheet PDF
- Difficulty level of the paper
- Total Number of seats available
Importance of NEET CutOff 2022
By giving the NEET Exam 2022 and getting marks more than the NEET Cut Off 2022, students can apply for different seats in different colleges like:
- 15% All India Quota Seats
- 85% State Quota Seats
- ESIC and AFMS
- Deemed and Central Universities
- AIIMS Colleges
- JIPMER Institutes
- Other Private Colleges
NEET Cut Off – Tie Breaking Rules
If in any case, two or more students gets the exact same marks in their NEET paper, then to decide the rank of the candidate, the following rules will be taken in account and based on them, it will be decided who will get higher rank:
- Higher Marks in Biology : The students who have scored more marks in Biology that is Botany and Zoology will be considered for the higher rank.
- Higher Marks in Chemistry : In case the candidates have got the same marks in Biology also, then the marks of Chemistry will be taken into account and on the basis of it, the rank will be given.
- Number of Incorrect Answers: If in case, still both the candidates have same marks, then the number of incorrect and correct answers will be counted and on the basis of it, higher rank will be given to the one having lesser incorrect answers.
Also read NTA NEET Admit Card 2022
Expected NEET 2022 Cut Off
Till the official NEET Cut Off 2022 is released, the candidates can check the expected cut off for the NEET Examination 2022 in the table given below:
|Category||NEET 2022 Cut Off||NEET 2022 Cut Off marks|
|General||50 percentile||To Be Announced|
|SC/ST/OBC||40 percentile||To Be Announced|
|General – PwD||45 percentile||To Be Announced|
|SC/ST/OBC – PwD||40 percentile||To Be Announced|
NEET Recent Years Cut Offs
Candidates can check last few years NEET Cut Off in the table given below. By seeing it, students can get an estimate of what the NEET 2022 Cut Off can be and on the basis of it students can plan their way.
|Category||NEET 2021 Cut Off||NEET 2020 Cut Off||NEET 2019 Cut Off|
|General||138 – 720||147 – 720||134 – 701|
|SC/ST/OBC||108 – 137||113 – 146||107 – 133|
|General – PwD||122 – 137||129 – 146||120 – 133|
|SC/ST/OBC – PwD||108 – 121||113 – 128||107 – 119|
FAQs Related to NEET Cutoff Marks 2022
Can we get our desired college by scoring marks more than the NEET Cut Off 2022?
No, it is not necessary that if the student has scored more than the NEET 2022 Cut Off, then he/she will get their desired college. Each college has its own Cut off list which contains the rank up to which students can apply for admission in that college.
How much is a safe score in NEET 2022 to get admission in a decent medical college?
Based on the previous years’ stats, we can say that a score anywhere near 650 – 680 or more can be a very good score to get admission in good medical colleges in our country.