PSEB 8th Syllabus 2024 – The Punjab School Education Board will release the PSEB syllabus 2024 class 8th in the month of May 2023. Students need to start their preparations for PSEB class 8th examination 2024 to gain better marks in Punjab Board 8th result 2024. The Punjab board syllabus class 8th 2024 will be visible on the official website as well.
Students are required to check this page regularly for it to be updated. Go through the PSEB 8th Class syllabus 2024 to be aware of the topics and contents mentioned for you all this year. For more information and knowledge, candidates can have a look at the information provided below of class 8th PSEB syllabus 2024.
PSEB Syllabus Class 8th 2024 PDF Download Links
Candidates are advised to start their studies as soon as possible for achieving good marks in their examinations. Below, you can find the Punjab board syllabus 2024 for class 8th.
|Subject Name||Download Link|
|Punjab Board 8th Agriculture Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|Punjab Board 8th Computer Science Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|Punjab Board 8th English Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|Punjab Board 8th Health And Physical Education Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|Punjab Board 8th Hindi 2nd Language Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|Punjab Board 8th Home Science Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|Punjab Board 8th Maths Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|Punjab Board 8th Punjabi First Language Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|Punjab Board 8th Science Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|Punjab Board 8th Social Science Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
How to Download PSEB 8th Class Syllabus 2024?
Applicants must follow the given points mentioned below to download the 2024 PSEB class 8th syllabus.
- Step 1: Visit the official website, pseb.ac.in.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Syllabus 2024’ link mentioned on the homepage.
- Step 3: Thereafter, tap on the option ‘class 8th syllabus’ link
- Step 4: As you click on the provided link, the list of all subjects will be displayed on your screen.
- Step 5: Students can view the whole syllabus 2024 PSEB class 8th by clicking on the name of the subject.
You can thereafter download or take a printout of the syllabus 2024 8th Punjab board.
PSEB Syllabus Class 8th 2024 Highlights
|Punjab Board Syllabus 2024 for 8th Class||PSEB 30% Reduced Syllabus 2024 for 8th Class|
|Name of the Education Board||Punjab School Education Board|
|Parent organisation||Secretary of School Education (Punjab)|
|Type of Education||Governmental Board of Education|
|Punjab Board 8th date sheet 2024||February 25 to March 22, 2024 (Tentative)|
|Name of the Course||English, Hind, Urdu, Mathematics, Science, Social Science|
PSEB Class 8 Maths Syllabus 2024
|Chapter 1||Rational Numbers|
|Chapter 2||Linear Equations in One Variable|
|Chapter 3||Understanding Quadrilaterals|
|Chapter 4||Practical Geometry|
|Chapter 5||Data Handling|
|Chapter 6||Square and Square Roots|
|Chapter 7||Cube and Cube Roots|
|Chapter 8||Comparing Quantities|
|Chapter 9||Algebraic Expressions and Identities|
|Chapter 10||Visualising Solid Shape|
|Chapter 12||Exponents and Power|
|Chapter 13||Direct and Inverse Proportions|
|Chapter 15||Introduction to Graphs|
|Chapter 16||Playing with Numbers|
PSEB Class 8 Science Syllabus 2024
- Chapter 1: Crop Production and Management
- Chapter 2: Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
- Chapter 3: Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
- Chapter 4: Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
- Chapter 5: Coal and Petroleum
- Chapter 6: Combustion and Flame
- Chapter 7: Conservation of Plants and Animals
- Chapter 8: Cell- Structure and Functions
- Chapter 9: Reproduction in Animals
- Chapter 10: Reaching The Age of Adolescence
- Chapter 11: Force and Pressure
- Chapter 12: Friction
- Chapter 13: Sound
- Chapter 14: Chemical Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 15: Some Natural Phenomena
- Chapter 16: Light
- Chapter 17: Stars and the Solar System
- Chapter 18: Pollution of Air and Water
PSEB Class 8 Social Science Syllabus 2024
|Part 1: Resources and their Development|
|Chapter 1||Resources: Types and Conversation|
|Chapter 2||Natural Resources|
|Chapter 3||Mineral and Energy Resources|
|Chapter 4||Our Agriculture|
|Chapter 5||Industrial Development|
|Chapter 6||Major Industries|
|Chapter 7||Human Resources|
|Chapter 8||Disaster Management|
|Part II: Our Past III|
|Chapter 9||How, When and Where|
|Chapter 10||The Establishment of the Power of East India Company|
|Chapter 11||Administrative Structure, Growth of Colonial Army and Civilian Administration|
|Chapter 12||Rural Life and Society|
|Chapter 13||Colonialism and Tribal society|
|Chapter 14||Handicraft and Industry|
|Chapter 15||The Revolt of 1857|
|Chapter 16||The Education and British Rule|
|Chapter 17||Women and Reforms|
|Chapter 18||Challenge to Caste System|
|Chapter 19||Colonialism and Urban Change|
|Chapter 20||The Changes in Arts, Painting, Literature and Architecture|
|Chapter 21||National Movement 1885-1919|
|Chapter 22||National Movement 1919-1947 AD|
|Chapter 23||India After Independence|
|Part III: Social and Political Life|
|Chapter 24||Constitution and Law|
|Chapter 25||Importance and Principles and Secularism|
|Chapter 26||Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles and Fundamental Duties|
|Chapter 27||Parliament: Structure Role and Importance|
|Chapter 28||Judiciary and its Special jurisdiction|
|Chapter 29||Effects of Social Inequalities and Social Justice|
|Chapter 30||Efforts of the Government and its effects on People|
PSEB Class 8 English Syllabus 2024
- Unit I Reading Skills
- 1. Unseen Passage for Comprehension
- 2. Unseen picture based Comprehension (with five multiple choice questions)
- 3. Comprehension based on Dialogue/Conversation
- Unit II (Textbook)
- 1. Abdul Hamid
- 2. Say ‘No’!
- 3. How Daddy Decided What He Wanted to be
- 4. Three Questions
- 5. Our National Symbols
- 6. The Punjab-A Glimpse
- 7. Childhood
- 8. Two Memorable Speeches
- 9. Saint Ravidas
- 10. How Daddy Decided What He Wanted to be
- 11. Three Questions
- 12. Our National Symbols
- 13. The Punjab-A Glimpse
- 14. Childhood
- 15. Two Memorable Speeches
- 16. Saint Ravidas
- 1. True Growth
- 2. Abou Ben Adhem
- 3. This is My Prayer To Thee
- 4. Sympathy
- 5. He That Is Down Needs Fear No Fall
- Unit-III (GRAMMAR)
- 1. Parts of Speech
- 2. Nouns
- 3. The Pronoun
- 4. Adjectives
- 5. The Verb
- 6. The Tenses
- 7. Active and Passive Voice
- 8. The Adverb
- 9. Non-Finite
- 10. The Determiners
- 11. The Sentence
- Unit-IV COMPOSITION
- 1. Letter/Application Writing
- 2. Notices, Explaining Newspaper Headlines
- 3. Guided Creative Writing
- 4. Dialogue Writing
- 5. Complete an Incomplete Paragraph
Tips for Preparation for class 8th PSEB exam 2024
Students can go through the following points mentioned below for more information and knowledge which can help them to gain batter marks and confidence.
- Revise the whole syllabus 2024 as much as you can which can help you to keep the information on a long term in your mind.
- Try to solve the previous year’s question papers if available to gain more confidence. This will also help you to understand the frequently asked questions and the important concepts.
- Make notes about the important topics and concepts side by side as you go through the syllabus to revise it once before the examination.
- Study regularly and frequently and try to avoid distractions such as social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc to focus on your studies.
- Don’t avoid the assignments and projects given by the teachers which will be added to your final marks.
FAQs Related to Punjab Board 8th Syllabus 2024
How can I download the PSEB syllabus for class 8th 2024?
Students will be able to download the syllabus for 8th class 2024 PSEB board through the above links given on this page or through the official website, pseb.ac.in.
When are the exams going to be conducted for class 8th PSEB 2024?
The PSEB class 8th exams 2024 are to be held from February 25 to March 22, 2024, tentatively.
How can I score good marks in class 8th PSEB exam 2024?
Students are advised to study on a regular basis without having any sort of distractions which will help them to gain better marks in the examinations 2024.