WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2023 – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) has set and released WBJEE 2023 Eligibility criteria in the official notification. Candidates may check the official website – wbjeeb.nic.in to know more updates on all limits included in WBJEE 2023 eligibility criteria.
WBJEEB has considered a few factors such as age, education, number of attempts, age relaxation, nationality, etc. Candidates should satisfy all the criteria to appear for test on WBJEE 2023 exam date. Read the article for more information on WBJEE Eligibility criteria 2023.
WBJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria Overview
Candidates may check the following table to know all the facts of WBJEE Eligibility 2023 criteria as per WBJEEB.
|Education||Class 12 completion|
|Domicile Residentship||West Bengal Residentiship|
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria – Brief Explanation
Read out each criteria explained in brief as per WBJEEB
WBJEE Age Limit
Candidates should be minimum 17 years of age as on December 31st 2022 to take WBJEE 2023 written exam. There is no upper age limit for WBJEE 2023 apply online. However, to pursue Marine engineering courses the upper age limit is 25 years.
Candidates should have completed class 10+2 board exam or have appeared for the board exam from a recognised education institute.
Candidates must have studied physics and Mathematics as main subjects in West Bengal. Apart from major subjects, chemistry/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject/ Computer science and application/ Biology/Biotechnology as vocational stream subjects. Candidates studying the above-mentioned streams of subjects alone are allowed to take the WBJEE 2023 written exam.
Candidates must have secured 45% minimum in class 12 board exam and qualified the exam. For general category 45% is the minimum passing percentage but for reserved category such as SC/ST/PWD/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates should have scored a minimum of 40% and passed class 12 board exam.
Also, candidates should have scored a minimum of 30% in English in class 12 board exam results.
Candidates should be citizens of India to apply for WBJEE 2023 exam.
Candidates willing to take WBJEE 2023 should be domicile resident of West Bengal. Students should have studied in the State for a minimum ten years from the recognised education institute. Candidates who are willing to be Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) should be domicile resident of West Bengal.
- WBJEE Syllabus 2023
- WBJEE 2023 Total Marks
- WBJEE Sample Paper PDF Download
- WBJEE Exam Centre List 2023
- WBJEE Official Answer Key 2023
Institute-wise WBJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates may verify institutes for WBJEE Eligibility criteria 2023. There are varying criteria followed by institutes are given below:
University of Calcutta
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or any equivalent course from a recognised education institute.
- Candidates must have scored at least 60% of aggregate marks in main subjects such as physics, chemistry, mathematics in class 10+2 or equivalent course. For reserved category 55% of aggregate marks.
- Also candidates must have scored a minimum of 30% in English.
Note: *University of Calcutta offers all the courses for above mentioned WBJEE Eligibility criteria 2023. But for Jute and fiber Technology Engineering, candidates should satisfy above mentioned criteria with minimum of 60% of marks. Additionally, candidates may choose Biotechnology/ Biology as main electives.
- Candidates must have passed a 10+2 or equivalent course from a recognised education institute with at least 60% of aggregate marks.
- Candidates must have scored 50% in English in both class 10 and Class 10+2.
Refer the WBJEE Eligibility criteria 2023 for applying UG courses.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or any equivalent course from a recognised Education institute with an aggregate of 60%. For reserved category, minimum required marks 45%.
- Candidates should have passed in each main subject such as physics, chemistry, mathematics. Minimum 30% should have scored in English.
West Bengal University
- Candidates must have passed each of the main subjects and have completed class 10+2 from a recognised education institute.
- It is necessary to have scored a minimum aggregate of 50% in all main subjects such as Physics, chemistry, Mathematics and also in English language paper.
- For reserved category, the minimum aggregate is 40% in the main subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Important Facts of WBJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Read out the following facts of WBJEE Eligibility criteria 2023 mentioned as per WBJEEB.
- Candidates should satisfy all the eligibility criteria mentioned by WBJEEB.
- It is necessary to submit required documents to support clearance of WBJEE Eligibility 2023 criteria.
- WBJEEB will issue WBJEE Admit card 2023 to those who applies successfully.
- Failing to submit required documents to satisfy WBJEE Eligibility 2023 criteria may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- WBJEE 2023 Cutoff
- WBJEE Merit List PDF 2023
- WBJEE Counselling Registration 2023
- WBJEE Seat Allotment 2023
- WBJEE 2023 Rank Card
- WBJEE previous year Question papers with Answers
FAQs Related to WBJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
What are the criteria fixed for WBJEE Eligibility 2023?
Age, education, nationality, domicile residence are few criteria fixed for WBJEE 2023 Eligibility criteria.
What is the minimum percentage of passing class 12 to satisfy WBJEE Eligibility?
Candidates should have scored 45% as minimum marks in class 12 for general category and for reserved category candidates 40%.