CA Final Syllabus 2023 – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) have included updated CA Final 2023 Syllabus for exam preparation. Students can go through the official notification to get updates on CA Final Syllabus 2023. CA Final is the last level of CA Course.
Download CA Final Exam Syllabus PDF Here.
Aspirants should clear all the eight subjects in the CA Final exam 2023 to pursue as professional Chartered Accountants. CA Final Syllabus 2023 is explained well in the article for aspirant’s convenience. Read the article to know syllabus updates and ideal books for exam preparation.
CA Final Syllabus 2023 – Subjects included
Candidates may go through the subjects included in CA Final 2023 syllabus as per ICAI’ s notification.
|Paper||Name of the subject||Marks for Exam|
|2||Strategic Financial Management||100|
|3||Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics||100|
|4||Corporate Laws and Other Economic Laws||100|
|5||Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation||100|
|7||Direct Tax Laws||100|
|8||Indirect Tax Laws||100|
CA Final 2023 Syllabus for Financial Reporting
The paper includes the following topics as an update. Students should cover the as most as they can cover before the CA final exam date 2023.
- Application of Existing Accounting Standards.
- Application of Guidance Notes issued by ICAI on Specified Accounting Aspects.
- Framework for the preparation and presentation of Financial Statements.
- Application of Indian Accounting Standards.
- Consolidated and Separate Financial Statements.
- Application of Industry -Specific and Transaction-specific Indian Accounting Standards.
- Business Combinations and Accounting for Corporate Restructuring/ Demerger.
- Accounting and Reporting of Financial Instruments.
- Accounting for Share-based payments.
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Accounting for Carbon- credit.
- Accounting for e-Commerce
- Emerging Trends in Reporting.
CA Final Syllabus 2023 for Strategic Financial Management
- Financial Policy and Corporate Strategy
- Indian Financial System
- Risk Management
- Security Analysis
- Security Valuation
- Portfolio Management
- Mutual Funds
- Derivatives Analysis and Valuation
- Foreign Exchange Exposure and Risk Management
- International Financial Management
- Interest Rate Risk Management
- Corporate Valuation
- Mergers, Acquisition and Corporate Restructuring
- International Financial Centre
- Startup Finance
- Small and Medium Enterprises.
CA Final 2023 Syllabus for Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Auditing Standard, Statements and Guidance Notes
- Audit Planning, Strategy and Execution
- Risk Assessment and Internal Control
- Special Aspects of Auditing in an Automated Environment
- Audit of Limited Companies
- Audit Report
- Audit Report and Certificates for Special Purpose Engagements
- Audit Committee and Corporate Governance
- Audit of Consolidated Financial Statements
- Special Features of Audit of Banks, Insurance and Non-Banking Financial Companies
- Audit Under Fiscal Laws
- Special Audit Assignments
- Audit of Public Sector Undertakings
- Liabilities of Auditors
- Internal Audit, Management and operational Audit
- Due Diligence, Investigation and Forensic Audit.
- Peer Review and Quality Review
- Professional Ethics
CA Final 2023 Syllabus for Corporate and Economic Laws
This paper of CA Syllabus 2023 is bifurcated into two parts as Corporate law and Economic Laws. Let’s go deep to explore topics included:
Part A – Corporate Law
The part is further classified into Company law and Securities law, as well.
Section a) Company Law
- Appointment and Qualification of Directors
- Appointment and Remuneration of Managerial Personnel
- Meetings of Board and Its Powers
- Inspection, Inquiry and Investigation.
- Comprises, Amalgamation and Arrangements
- Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement.
- Winding up
- Producer Companies
- Companies Incorporated Outside India
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Compounding of Offences, Adjudication and Special Courts
- National Company Law Tribunal and Appellate Tribunal
Section b) Securities Law
- Introduction and Important Provisions of The Securities Contract Act, 1956 and Securities Contract Rules, 1957
- The Securities Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, SEBI Regulations 2009 and SEBI Regulations 2015.
Part B – Economics Law
- The Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
- The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002
- The Prevention of Money laundering Act, 2002
- Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010
- The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
CA Final 2023 Syllabus for Strategic Cost Management and Performance Evaluation
The paper is divided into following categories as
- Strategic Cost Management and Decision Making
- Strategic Cost Management
- Strategic Decision Making
- Performance Evaluation and Control
- Performance Evaluation and Reporting
- Managerial Control
- Case Studies
Category 1 – Strategic Cost Management
- Introduction to Strategic Cost Management
- Modern Business Environment
- Learn System and Innovation
- Cost Management Techniques
- Cost Management for Specific Sectors
Category 2 – Strategic Decision Making
- Decision Making
- Pricing Strategies/Decisions
Category 3 – Performance Evaluation and Control
- Performance Evaluation and Reporting
- Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- Divisional Transfer Pricing
- Strategic Analysis of Operating Income
Category 4 – Managerial Control
- Budgetary Control
- Standard Costing
Category 5 – Case Studies
- Linear Programming
- Learning Curve/ Experience Curve
CA Final 2023 Syllabus for Elective Paper
Candidates can choose any one of the following subjects as elective paper. They are Risk Management, Financial Services and Capital Markets, International Taxation, Economic Laws, Global Financial Reporting Standards, Multi-Disciplinary Case Study.
- Introduction to Risk
- Source and Evaluation of Risk
- Risk Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Risk Model
- Credit Risk Measurement and Management
- Risk Associated with Corporate Governance
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Operational Risk Management
Financial Services and Capital Markets
- Global Financial Markets
- Impact of Various Policies of Financial Markets
- Capital Market – Primary
- Capital Market – Secondary
- Money Market
- Institutions and intermediaries
- Commodity Market
- Banking Management
- Banking As a Source of Capital Including NBFCs
- Mutual Funds
- Private Equity
- Investment banking
- Credit Rating
- Treasury Operations
- Risk Management
- Credit Derivatives
- SEBI Guidelines
This part is further divided into two sub-divisions viz
- Taxation of International Transaction and Non-Resident Taxation in India
- Other Aspects of International Taxation
Taxation of International Transaction and Non-Resident Taxation in India
- Transfer Pricing Provisions under the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Arm’s Length price
- International Transactions
- Functions, Assets and Risk Analysis
- Documentation and Compliance
- Specific Reporting Regime in Respect of Country by Country reporting and Master File
- Non-Resident Taxation
- Double Taxation Relief
- Law and Procedures under Black Money and Imposition of TAX Act, 2015 – An Overview.
Other Aspects of International Taxation
- Overview of Model Tax Conventions
- OECD Model Tax Conventions
- UN Model Tax Conventions
- Tax Treatise, Application and Interpretation
- Controlled Foreign Corporations
- Taxation of E-commerce Transactions
- Emerging Issues
- World trade Organization covering its Role, Principles, Functions and Dispute Settlement Mechanism
- Competition Act, 2002 and Rules/ Regulations
- Real Estate Act, 2016
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and Rules/ Regulations
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and Rules/ Regulations
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and Rules/Regulations
- Prohibitions of Benami Property Transactions Act, 1988 and Rules/Regulations
Global Financial Reporting Standards
- Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting
- Application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Significant Differences between IFRS and US GAAPs
Multi-Disciplinary Case Study
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Audit and Assurance
- Finance and Financial Management
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Laws
- Business Strategy and Management
CA Final 2023 Syllabus for Direct Tax Laws & International Taxation
The paper is divided into two sections:
- Law and Procedures under Income Tax Act, 1961
- Special Provisions relating to Companies and Persons
- Provisions relating to Charitable, Religious trusts and Institutions, Political Parties and Electoral Trusts.
- Tax Planning, Tax Avoidance & Tax Evasion
- Collection & Recovery of Tax, Refunds
- Income-tax Authorities, Procedure for Assessment, Appeals and Revision
- Settlement of Tax Cases,Penalties, Offenses and Prosecution.
- Liability in Special Cases.
- Miscellaneous Provisions and other Provisions.
- Taxation of International Transaction and Non-Resident Taxation
- The Provisions Under Income-tax Act, 1961
- Special Provisions relating to Non- Residents
- Double Taxation Relief
- Transfer Pricing and Other Anti-Avoidance Measures
- Advance Rulings
- Equalisation Levy
- Overview of Model Tax Convention – OECD and UN
- Application and Interpretation of Tax Treaties
- Fundamentals of Base Erosion and Profit Shifting.
CA Final Syllabus 2023 for Indirect Tax Laws
There are two parts in this paper as follows
- Part-I: Goods and Services Tax(75 Marks)
- Part-II: Customs & FTP (25 Marks)
Best Books for CA Final 2023 Syllabus
The table drawn below gives the information of books suitable for the latest CA Final Syllabus 2023.
|Financial Reporting||CA Praveen Sharma|
|Strategic Financial Management||CA Nikhil Jobanputra|
|Corporate & Economic Laws||CA Kaushik Mukesh|
|Global Financial Reporting Standards||CA Arpita S Tulsiyan|
|Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics||CA Abhishek Bansal|
|Strategic Cost Management & Performance Evaluation||CA B. Saravana Prasath|
|Direct Tax Law and International Taxation||CA G. Sekar|
|Indirect Tax Law||CA K.M. Bansal|
Preparation Tips for CA Final Syllabus 2023
Aspirants who qualify CA Final 2023 are certified as professional CAs. It is necessary for each aspirant to clear all the eight papers of CA Final exam 2023. Each paper exam duration includes 3 hours and candidates face the exam for 100 marks. To clear all the papers of CA Final 2023, candidates may follow the preparation tips:
- Read, understand and get used to the CA Final Syllabus 2023.
- Choose and buy books and collect study materials that are apt to the CA Final 2023 syllabus.
- Ensure the books are simple in language and easy for beginners for CA exams.
- Try to cover all the topics included. Once learnt from basic level study material/book, it is advised to shift to the standard version to get used to the CA Final syllabus 2023.
- Take repeated mock tests from genuine online apps. Improve your answering skills with the help of mock tests.
- Collect previous year question papers and respective answer keys. Solve at least two question papers in a day and estimate the obtained marks in CA Final Result 2023.
- The previous year question papers will help you identify the weaker section and assists in focusing and strengthening the weaker portions.
- CA Final registration SSP portal
- CA Final Admit Card Release Date
- ICAI Final Exam Form 2023
- ICAI Final exam centre code list 2023
FAQs Related to CA Final Syllabus 2023
How many papers are included in CA Final 2023 syllabus?
There are a total of eight papers included in CA Final syllabus 2023. Aspirants should clear all the eight papers to qualify the CA Final exam 2023.
Is Maths included in CA Final syllabus 2023 as core subject?
No Mathematics is not included in CA Exams. However, aspirants need to know basic arithmetic operations.