CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023: The Central Board of Secondary Education will release the CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023 on its official website, cbseacademic.nic.in. Candidates must ensure that they download the CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023 for a better idea of the CBSE exam pattern.
Students should cover CBSE Class 12 2023 syllabus as much as possible before the release of CBSE 12th time table 2023 PDF, so that they can plan revision in the rest time. The CBSE class 12 English exam is conducted in two terms consisting of 50 marks each. A few important details about the CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus for 2023 are provided below.
Links to Download CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023
Given below is a table that will help candidates in downloading the CBSE English syllabus 2023 Class 12.
|Syllabus Name||Download Links|
|CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
How to Download CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023?
The detailed steps to download CBSE Syllabus 2023 PDF for 12th English Core are provided below.
- Candidates must go to the CBSE’s official website, cbseacademic.nic.in.
- They must click on the “Download CBSE Class 12 Syllabus” button.
- After clicking on the CBSE Class 12 syllabus link, candidates will be redirected to another page.
- The CBSE English Core Syllabus for Class 12 will be made available in PDF form.
- Candidates are required to download the CBSE English Core Syllabus for future purposes.
Sectional Division CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023
The CBSE Class 12 English core syllabus for 2023 will consist of a reading comprehension, literature, and writing section. A total of 100 marks will be divided into three parts. Given below is a table consisting of the sectional division of the CBSE Class 12 exam pattern 2023.
|Reading Comprehension||20 marks|
|Writing Section||20 marks|
Detailed CBSE Class 12 English Syllabus 2023
The CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus 2023 is divided into three parts. The first part consists of the reading comprehension section, the second one consists of literature, and the third one consists of the writing section. All three important sections of the CBSE 12th core English syllabus 2023 can be thoroughly explained to candidates.
Also check | CBSE Class 12 English Elective Syllabus 2023
CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023 for Reading Comprehension
Given below is a detailed explanation of the CBSE class 12 English syllabus 2023, which helps candidates prepare for the exam.
- They will be presented with one passage each where they will have to answer questions on the basis of inference, vocabulary and the author’s perspective, etc.
- One unseen case-based passage with verbal inputs and statistical data will be asked which would be of 10 marks.
- The reading comprehension section consists of 20 marks and the word limit for both passages would be 750 words. The questions will be multiple-choice questions.
CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023 for English Literature
The English Literature section of the CBSE 12th core syllabus consists of a 40-mark English Literature section. Given below is a detailed explanation of the CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus for 2023.
- Candidates have to attempt one set of poetry out of the two from the book Vistas to assess the candidate’s comprehension and critical skills, consisting of 4 marks each.
- One set of six-point prose from the book Flamingo will be attempted.
- Short answer questions that have to be answered with 40–50 words from the book Flamingo Candidates must answer 5 of 6 questions worth 2 points each.
- They have to attempt any two out of three questions from the book Vistas that will consist of four marks in total.
- They will be presented with a one-long answer question, which they have to attempt. It will be worth 5 marks, and they will test the candidate’s ability to extract their analytical abilities from the book Flamingo.
- One long answer question from the book Vistas will also be asked, and that will be worth 5 marks. The word limit for the long answer is 150 words.
Topics for CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023 for the Writing Section
Given below is a table containing all the important topics that will be asked in the CBSE 12th English writing section.
|Notice||The minimum word limit is 50.Candidates will be asked two questions, and they must answer one of them.The grading scale is 5 marks.|
|Formal/Informal Invitation||The minimum word limit is 50One question has to be answered out of the two. 5 marks for each question|
|Letters based on verbal/visual input||The word limit is 120–150.The letter types would be “job,” “biographical data,” or “resume.”|
A letter to the editor or on matters of public interest
The grading scale is 5 marks.
Also check Informal Letter Format of CBSE
|Article/ Report Writing||The word limit is 120–150.You have to answer one of the two questions.The article or report will be graded with 5 marks.|
Important Points Regarding CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023
There are a few important details tghat candidates must keep in mind while downloading the CBSE Class 12 english core syllabus pdf.
- Candidates can score extremely well if they go through the CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus 2023 thoroughly. They must ensure they are aware of the marking scheme, the types of questions that are asked, and the level of preparation it requires.
- It is of utmost importance for them to thoroughly focus on the prose and poetry parts, as this will fetch them a lot of marks in the CBSE board exams.
- They must ensure that they practise the writing portion extensively so that they can write good answers on the board exam.
- CBSE Sample Paper Class 12 Solutions
- CBSE Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers with solutions
- Class 12 CBSE result 2023 by Roll Number
- Topper of 12th Class 2023 list
- CBSE Class 12 Board Exam Tips 2023
FAQs Related to CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2023
What are the passing marks in the CBSE Class 12 exam?
The CBSE board pass marks are 33%.
Is NCERT sufficient for CBSE Class 12 board exams?
The books prescribed by the CBSE board are more than enough for candidates to prepare for the exams.