CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024: The Central Board of Secondary Education had released the CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024 on its official website, cbseacademic.nic.in. Candidates must ensure that they download the CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024 for a better idea of the CBSE exam pattern.
Students should cover CBSE Class 12 2024 syllabus as much as possible before the release of CBSE 12th time table 2024 PDF, so that they can plan revision in the rest time. The CBSE class 12 English exam is conducted in two terms consisting of 50 marks each. A few important details about the CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus for 2024 are provided below.
Links to Download CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024
Given below is a table that will help candidates in downloading the CBSE English syllabus 2024 Class 12.
|Syllabus Name||Download Links|
|CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
How to Download CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024?
The detailed steps to download CBSE Syllabus 2024 PDF for 12th English Core are provided below.
- Candidates must go to the CBSE’s official website, cbseacademic.nic.in.
- They must click on the “Download CBSE Class 12 Syllabus” button.
- After clicking on the CBSE Class 12 syllabus link, candidates will be redirected to another page.
- The CBSE English Core Syllabus for Class 12 will be made available in PDF form.
- Candidates are required to download the CBSE English Core Syllabus for future purposes.
Sectional Division CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024
The CBSE Class 12 English core syllabus for 2024 consists of a reading comprehension, literature, and writing section. A total of 100 marks will be divided into three parts. Given below is a table consisting of the sectional division of the CBSE Class 12 exam pattern 2024.
|Reading Comprehension||20 Marks|
|Applied Grammar||8 Marks|
|Creative Writing||20 Marks|
Detailed CBSE Class 12 English Syllabus 2024
The CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus 2024 is divided into three parts. The first part consists of the reading comprehension section, the second one consists of literature, and the third one consists of the writing section. All three important sections of the CBSE 12th core English syllabus 2024 can be thoroughly explained to candidates.
Also check | CBSE Class 12 English Elective Syllabus 2024
Given below is a detailed explanation of the CBSE class 12 English syllabus 2024, which helps candidates prepare for the exam.
Section A: CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024 for Reading Comprehension (22 Marks)
- One unseen passage to assess comprehension, interpretation, analysis and inference. Vocabulary assessment will also be assessed via inference. The passage may be factual, descriptive or literary.
- One unseen case-based factual passage with verbal/visual inputs like statistical data, charts etc. to assess comprehension, interpretation, analysis, inference and evaluation.
Note: The combined word limit for both the passages will be 700-750 words.
Multiple Choice Questions / Objective Type Questions and Short Answer type Questions (to be answered in 40-50 words) will be asked.
Section B: CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024 for English Literature – Writing Skills (18 Marks)
3.Notice, up to 50 words. One out of the two given questions to be answered. (4 Marks)
4. Formal/Informal Invitation and Reply, up to 50 words. One out of the two given questions to
be answered. (4 Marks)
5. Letters based on verbal/visual input, to be answered in approximately 120-150 words. Letter types include application for a job with bio data or resume. Letters to the editor (giving suggestions or opinion on issues of public interest) . One out of the two given questions to be answered. (5 Marks)
6. Article/ Report Writing, descriptive and analytical in nature, based on verbal inputs, to be answered in 120-150 words. One out of the two given questions to be answered. (5 Marks)
Textbook (40 Marks)
This section will have variety of assessment items including Multiple Choice Questions, Objective Type Questions, Short Answer Type Questions and Long Answer Type Questions to assess comprehension, analysis, interpretation and extrapolation beyond the text.
7. One Poetry extract out of two, from the book Flamingo, to assess comprehension, interpretation, analysis, inference and appreciation. (6×1=6 Marks)
8. One Prose extract out of two, from the book Vistas, to assess comprehension, interpretation,analysis, evaluation and appreciation. (4×1=4 Marks)
9. One prose extract out of two from the book Flamingo, to assess comprehension, interpretation, analysis, inference and evaluation. (6×1=6Marks)
10.Short answer type questions (from Prose and Poetry from the book Flamingo), to be answered in 40-50 words each. Questions should elicit inferential responses
through critical thinking. Five questions out of the six given, are to be answered.
11. Short answer type questions, from Prose (Vistas), to be answered in 40- 50 words each. Questions should elicit inferential responses through critical thinking. Any two out of three questions to be done. (2×2=4 Marks)
12. One Long answer type question, from Prose/Poetry (Flamingo), to be answered in 120-150 words. Questions can be based on incident / theme / passage / extract / event as reference points to assess extrapolation beyond and across the text. The question will elicit analytical and evaluative response from the student. Any one out of two questions to be done. (1×5=5 Marks)
13. One Long answer type question, based on the chapters from the book Vistas, to be answeredin 120-150 words, to assess global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the text. Questions to provide analytical and evaluative responses using incidents, events, themes, as reference points. Any one out of two questions to be done.
Topics for CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024 for the Writing Section
Given below is a table containing all the important topics that will be asked in the CBSE 12th English writing section.
|Notice||The minimum word limit is 50.Candidates will be asked two questions, and they must answer one of them.The grading scale is 4 marks.|
|Formal/Informal Invitation||The minimum word limit is 50. One question has to be answered out of the two. 4 marks for each question|
|Letters based on verbal/visual input||The word limit is 120–150.The letter types would be “job,” “biographical data,” or “resume.”|
A letter to the editor or on matters of public interest
The grading scale is 5 marks.
Also check Informal Letter Format of CBSE
|Article/ Report Writing||The word limit is 120–150.You have to answer one of the two questions.The article or report will be graded with 5 marks.|
Important Points Regarding CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024
There are a few important details tghat candidates must keep in mind while downloading the CBSE Class 12 english core syllabus pdf.
- Candidates can score extremely well if they go through the CBSE 12th English Core Syllabus 2024 thoroughly. They must ensure they are aware of the marking scheme, the types of questions that are asked, and the level of preparation it requires.
- It is of utmost importance for them to thoroughly focus on the prose and poetry parts, as this will fetch them a lot of marks in the CBSE board exams.
- They must ensure that they practise the writing portion extensively so that they can write good answers on the board exam.
- CBSE Sample Paper Class 12 Solutions
- CBSE Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers with solutions
- Class 12 CBSE result 2024 by Roll Number
- Topper of 12th Class 2024 list
- CBSE Class 12 Board Exam Tips 2024
FAQs Related to CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus 2024
What are the passing marks in the CBSE Class 12 exam?
The CBSE board pass marks are 33%.
Is NCERT sufficient for CBSE Class 12 board exams?
The books prescribed by the CBSE board are more than enough for candidates to prepare for the exams.