CBSE Class 12 Music Syllabus 2024: The CBSE 2024 class 12 music syllabus has been released by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on its official website, i.e., cbse.gov.in. The board has released the CBSE class 12 music syllabus in pdf format so that the candidates can easily download it.
The CBSE syllabus Class 12 PDF is one of the important documents with the help of which the candidates know what to prepare and what not to. Therefore, every student shall see the syllabus and prepare accordingly. To get the CBSE class 12 music syllabus 2024, refer to the article below.
Steps to Download the CBSE Class 12 Music Syllabus 2024
To download the 12th class music syllabus 2024 from the official website, the candidates can follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Visit the official website of CBSE, www.cbse.gov.in.
- From here click on the ‘CBSE Syllabus 2024 PDF’ option.
- Click the “Senior Secondary Curriculum (XI-XII)” link that appears on the screen now.
- After clicking on the senior secondary curriculum the candidates are required to click on ‘Academic electives – Group A’ and then select the ‘Hindustani Music Vocal’ option.
- The CBSE Class 12 Music syllabus 2024 will be displayed on the screen. The syllabus is available for download, and candidates can then begin their studies.
CBSE Class 12 Music Syllabus 2024
The Histudan music vocal syllabus comprises 5 units each carrying 06 marks. The total marks for the music exam will be 100 out of which practicals contain 70 marks and theory contains 30 marks, as per CBSE exam pattern 2024 Class 12. Each candidate will be allotted 25-30 total minutes to attempt the questions. The CBSE 12 class Hindustani music vocal syllabus is given below. The candidates should sure check it.
CBSE Class 12 Music Theory Syllabus
|1||Brief study of the following:- Alankar, Kan, Meend, Khatka, Murki, Gamak.Brief study of the following Gram, Murchhana, Alap, and Tana.||06|
|2||Historical development of Time Theory of Ragas||06|
|3||Detail study of the following Sangeet Ratnakar Sangeet Parija.Life sketch and Cotributionof Faiyaz Khan, Bade Ghulam Ali Khan, Krishna Rao, Shankar Pandit.||06|
|4||Description of Prescribed Talas along with Tala Notation with Thah, Dugun, Tigun, and Chaugun Jhaptala Rupak Dhamar.Tuning of Tanpura.||06|
|5||Critical study of Prescribed Ragas along with recognizing Ragas from phrases of Swaras and elaborating them excluding Raga Shuddha Sarang.Writing in Notation the Compositions of Prescribed Ragas. Bhairav Bageshri Malkauns.||06|
CBSE Class 12 Music Practical Syllabus
|Topic||No. of periods|
|One Vilambit Khayal with simple elaborations and few Tanas in any two of the prescribed Ragas.||18|
|One Drut Khayal with simple elaborations and few tanas in the following RagasBhairav, Bageshri, and Malkauns.||42|
|One Tarana, and one Dhamar with dugun andchaugun in any one of the prescribed Ragas.||10|
|Ability to recognize the Ragas from the Phrases of swaras rendered by the examiner.||10|
|Recitation of the Thekas of Jhaptala, Rupak, and Dhamar with Dugun and Chaugun, keeping tala with handbeats.||15|
|Tuning of Tanpura.||05|
CBSE Class 12 Music Syllabus – Distribution of Marks
The Hindustani music vocal marks are distributed in the following order. The candidates can check the same here.
|Choice Raga (Vilambit and DrutKhayal) with simple elaborations in prescribed Ragas (anyone) BhairavBageshri Shuddh Sarang Malkauns||10+6=18|
|Examiner’s Choice Ragas.||10|
|One Tarana and one Dhamar with dugun and Chaugun.||8+8=16|
|Identification of Ragas.||06|
|Reciting the Thekas of Prescribed Talas with hand beats with Thah and Dugun and Chaugun: Jhaptala Rupak Dhamar||5+5=10|
|Tuning of Tanpura and questions regarding it.||5|
Benefits of CBSE Class 12 Music Syllabus 2024
Studying the CBSE 12th music syllabus 2024 has many advantages. Here are a few of them:
- Without studying any additional material, a candidate can efficiently prepare for an exam by studying with the help of the syllabus.
- The candidates might figure out which topic carries the most points and concentrate mostly on it.
- The syllabus explains to the students the objectives, organisation, and learning outcomes of the course.
- The CBSE class 12 music syllabus 2024 helps in maintaining the time of the candidates.
- CBSE exam center list 2024
- CBSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2024
- CBSE Class 12 Admit Card 2024
- CBSE Class 12 Sample Paper 2024
- CBSE 12th Class Result 2024
FAQs related to CBSE Class 12 Music Syllabus
What are the practical marks of music in class 12th?
A total of 70 marks are awarded in the practical music exam.
Is it easy to score good marks in class 12th practicals?
Yes, the candidates can easily score good/full marks provided they do well in the exams.
What are the top-scoring subjects for CBSE class 12th?
In Class 12, the top-scoring subjects are Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, and English.