CBSE Class 8 Syllabus 2024: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the conducting body that is responsible for the release of the class 8 syllabus 2024. The board will release the CBSE 8th syllabus 2024 on its official website, i.e., cbse.gov.in.
The CBSE board syllabus 2024 helps the students to know what topics are more important and helps to plan the preparations effectively. The syllabus provides detailed information about the course content, time duration, projects, assignments, etc. The students are required to go through the syllabus deeply for better preparation. To know in detail the CBSE class 8 syllabus 2024, read the complete article below.
CBSE Class 8 Science Syllabus 2024
Science is one of the important subjects in class 8. It is important for the candidates to go through the syllabus properly and prepare accordingly. Students should cover their syllabus before the CBSE board exam 2024 date. There is a total of 18 chapters in Science which needs proper understanding and logical reasoning. The syllabus for the same is as follows.
8th Class Science Syllabus 2024 CBSE
|Chapter No.||Chapter Name|
|Chapter 1||Crop Production and Management|
|Chapter 2||Microorganisms: Friend and Foe|
|Chapter 3||Synthetic Fibres and Plastics|
|Chapter 4||Materials: Metals and Non-Metals|
|Chapter 5||Coal and Petroleum|
|Chapter 6||Combustion and Flame|
|Chapter 7||Conservation of Plants and Animals|
|Chapter 8||Cell – Structure and Functions|
|Chapter 9||Reproduction in Animals|
|Chapter 10||Reaching the Age of Adolescence|
|Chapter 11||Force and Pressure|
|Chapter 14||Chemical Effects of Electric Current|
|Chapter 15||Some Natural Phenomena|
|Chapter 17||Stars and The Solar System|
|Chapter 18||Pollution of Air and Water|
CBSE Class 8 Maths Syllabus 2024
Maths is another important subject for all the class 8 students. It also requires logical reasoning and in-depth understanding. With the help of the syllabus given below, candidates can prepare accordingly. The syllabus is as follows.
8th Class Maths Syllabus 2024 CBSE
|Chapter No.||Chapter name|
|2||Linear Equations in One Variable|
|6||Squares and Square Roots|
|7||Cubes and Cube Roots|
|9||Algebraic Expressions and Identities|
|10||Visualizing Solid Shapes|
|12||Exponents and Powers|
|13||Direct and Inverse Proportions|
|15||Introduction to Graphs|
|16||Playing with Numbers|
CBSE Class 8 English Syllabus 2024
English plays an important role in the class 8 examinations. It is one of the important subjects in class 8. The students are required to prepare according to the syllabus to score maximum marks.
8th Class English Syllabus 2024 CBSE
|It So Happened||Honeydew|
|How the Camel got his hump||The best Christmas present in the world|
|Children at work||The Tsunami|
|The Selfish Giant||Glimpse of the past|
|The treasure within||Bepin Choudhury’s Lapse of Memory|
|Princess September||The Summit Within|
|The fight||This is Jody’s Fawn|
|The open window||A Visit to Cambridge|
|Jalebis||A short monsoon diary|
|The comet – I||The great stone face-I|
|The comet-2||The great stone face-2|
|Ancient education system of India||–|
CBSE Class 8 Social Science Syllabus 2024
Social science contains some of the important topics which need to be revised by the students before the exams. The syllabus for the same is as follows.
8th Class SST Syllabus 2024 CBSE
- Our Pasts – III
- How, When and Where
- From Trade to Territory: The Company Establishes Power
- Ruling the Countryside
- Tribals, Dikus and the Vision of a Golden Age
- When People Rebel: 1857 and After
- Colonialism and the City: The Story of an Imperial Capital
- Weavers, Iron Smelters and Factory Owners
- Civilising the “Native”, Educating the Nation
- Women, Caste and Reform
- The Changing World of Visual Arts
- The Making of the National Movement: 1870s-1947
- India After Independence
- Resources and Development
- Land, Soil, Water, Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Resources
- Mineral and Power Resources
- Human Resources
- Social and Political Life- III
- The Indian Constitution
- Understanding Secularism
- Why do we need a Parliament?
- Understanding Laws
- The Judiciary
- Understanding Our Criminal Justice System
- Understanding Marginalisation
- Confronting Marginalisation
- Public Facilities
- Law and Social Justice
CBSE Class 8 Hindi Syllabus 2024
One of the languages taught in class 8 is Hindi. Three volumes, including prose, poetry, and essays, make up the Hindi class 8 NCERT syllabus. Below are the titles of the books and the syllabus:
CBSE 8th Hindi Syllabus 2024
|Books||Links for the syllabus|
|Bharat ki khoj||Link|
Steps to Download CBSE Class 8 Syllabus 2024
The candidates can follow the following steps below in order to download the class 8 CBSE syllabus. The steps are as follows.
- Visit the offiicla website of CBSE, cbse.gov.in.
- Now, click on the link which says, ‘syllabus for class I-XII’.
- A new page will open where students need to click on the elementary syllabus link.
- A zip file will begin to download on the device.
- The students can access the syllabus by opening the download zip file.
Advantages of referring to CBSE Class 8 Syllabus 2024
The advantage of referring to the CBSE syllabus for class 8 is as follows:
- Students’ exam preparation will be better planned if they are familiar with the complete syllabus.
- After reading the CBSE 8th syllabus 2023–24, students must create a study plan.
- Students are able to recognize their strong and weak areas. Thus, they can make a strategy to score well in CBSE board Result 2024.
- Students can monitor their educational progress to make sure they don’t skip any topics.
- The class 8 syllabus is very important when studying for different competitive exams.
- CBSE OMR sheet 2024
- CBSE Migration Certificate
- CBSE Exam Fees 2024
- CBSE Pass Marks 2024
- CBSE Hall Ticket 2024
- CBSE Topper Benefits
FAQs related to CBSE Class 8 Syllabus 2024
Is the eighth-grade curriculum available in Hindi?
No, the syllabus is available in English medium but NCERT books are available in Hindi, English, and Urdu medium.
What is the difficulty level of the class 8 exam?
The class 8 difficulty level is moderate which enables the students to score well in the exams.
How can the full NCERT class 8 curriculum be covered quickly?
After analyzing the syllabus, make a timetable and start studying rigorously to cover the NCERT syllabus for class 8 rapidly.