CLAT Counselling 2024: The Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) will release the CLAT 2024 counselling list on its official website. Candidates who have qualified the CLAT 2024 exam will be eligible for further rounds of the counselling process. The CLAT counselling 2024 will be conducted in five rounds in online mode.
Candidates belonging to the general category are required to pay a fee of Rs 30,000 and reserved categories need to pay the fees of Rs 20,000 on the official website. Given below are a few important details regarding the CLAT 2024 counselling.
Important Dates for CLAT Counselling 2024
The table given below consists of the important dates for CLAT 2024 counselling.
|CLAT exam date 2024||December 3, 2023|
|CLAT Result 2024 Date||To Be Notified|
|Release of CLAT merit list||To Be Notified|
|Commencement of counselling||To Be Notified|
How to Register for CLAT 2024 Counselling?
The CLAT 2024 process consists of a few rounds. Candidates are required to register, pay the registration fees, upload the appropriate documents and they will be allotted seats in a CLAT participating college. The details given below consist of a detailed explanation of the CLAT 2024 counselling process.
- Visit the official website: consortiumofnlus.ac.in
- They are required to login using their registered mobile number and password.
- They must fill out the registration form for the CLAT 2024 counselling, and update the choices for the respective colleges.
- After entering all the details, they must upload the prescribed documents
- After submitting the documents, pay the CLAT counselling fees 2024 using net banking or their credit or debit cards.
- Download the fee receipt after the payment has been completed.
Fee Structure of CLAT Counselling 2024
Given below is a table consisting of the important details regarding the CLAT 2024 fee structure.
|General candidate||Rs. 30,000|
Factors Affecting College Preferences for CLAT 2024
At the time of filling out the CLAT 2024 application form, the consortium asks candidates to list down their preferences for various participating institutes. They will not be asked to enter their preferences at the time of counselling, because they have already entered it while filling the application form. Candidates can refer to the details given below on factors determining their college preferences.
- Scores obtained by the candidate
- Rankings of the various participating institutes
- Candidate’s own preference among the various institutes
- Previous years CLAT cutoff and ranks
- Better Education Facilities and Infrastructure
CLAT Counselling 2024: Seat Allotment Process
Candidates must note that the CLAT seat allotment process is based on merit basis. After candidates have already been allotted seats, they will be presented with three options mentioned in the table below.
|Accept allotted seat||Lock the seat and upload the relevant documents and submit the NLU fees|
|Apply for upgrade||Submit documents and pay NLU fee|
|Exit admission process||Exercise exit option; such candidate will not be considered for admission in any round of counselling after that.|
Documents For CLAT 2024 Counselling
There are a set of documents that are mandatory for a candidate to carry on the day of the counselling process. The list of documents for CLAT 2024 counselling is given below.
- 10th or equivalent mark sheet
- 12th or equivalent mark sheet
- Character certificate
- Transfer / Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC etc.) if applicable
- PWD Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile/residence certificate (If applying under the domicile category)
What’s Next After Seat Allotment Process 2024?
The CLAT 2024 seats will be allocated via two options The first option is where the candidate accepts the seat and the second is when the candidate applies for upgradation and the last is by exiting the admission process. The details mentioned below consist of a detailed explanation of the CLAT 2024 seat allotment process.
- Accepting the Allotted Seat- Candidates have the option to accept the seat that is allotted to them during the counselling process. If they choose to accept the seat, they can accept the seat, pay the fees and submit their respective documents. Candidates will have to report to the respective NLUs after they have been allotted seats.
- Apply for Upgradation and Revision- Candidates who are not satisfied with the seat that is allotted to them will have the option to apply for the upgrade and revision process. In the upgradation process they will either get a seat of a higher NLU, but they will not get their respective seat. Candidates must submit the fees to the allotted NLU and they will be considered for the upgradation process.
- Quitting the Admission Process- Candidates who have been allotted their seats and are not satisfied with the seats allotted to them will be able to quit the CLAT 2024 counselling procedure. Once the candidate leaves the CLAT 2024 counselling procedure, they will not be considered for further rounds of the counselling procedure.
CLAT 2024 Counselling for Procedure for Refund
Candidates are required to note that if they have applied for quitting the admission process or they could not be allotted a seat in the respective NLUs, they will be eligible for a refund. The details given below will help candidates in understanding the details of the CLAT 2024 refund procedure.
- Those who could not be admitted in any participating institute will be eligible for the refund and the full amount will be refunded to them.
- Those who have exercised the exit option will be refunded the amount, but some amount will be deducted such as the admission charges.
- If the candidate was disqualified or ineligible, he will get the refund after the charges have been deducted.
- CLAT Exam Pattern 2024
- CLAT Syllabus 2024
- CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
- CLAT Exam Centre 2024
- CLAT Hall Ticket 2024
FAQs Related to CLAT Counselling 2024
How many NLUs will be participating in CLAT 2024 counselling?
The CLAT 2024 counselling process will consist of 24 participating NLUs
When will the CLAT 2024 cut off be released?
The CLAT 2024 cut off will be released after the CLAT 2024 scores have been released.