HBCSE mathematical olympiad: The Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM) is jointly organized by Mathematics Teachers’ Association (India) – MTA and Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE). The students studying in classes 8th to 12th are eligible to apply for the HBCSE mathematical olympiad.
To compete in INMO, students must pass various mathematical olympiad stages. After IOQM, HBCSE is in charge of all selection procedures for the Indian HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad. To know more in detail, read the complete article below.
Important Dates for HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad
The exam dates, result dates, admit card dates, etc. are given in the table below. The candidates can check the dates and take steps accordingly. The dates are as follows.
|Release of the notification||To be notified|
|Admit card||To be notified|
|HBCSE mathematical olympiad exam||To be notified|
|HBCSE mathematical olympiad result||To be notified|
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad – Highlights
|Name of the exam||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Mathematical Olympiad|
|Abbreviated form||HBCSE mathematical olympiad|
|Official conducting body||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Level of exam||Intermediate|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fee (Rs.)||200|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
Who is Eligible to Apply for the HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad?
Before applying for the maths olympiad the candidates must make sure that they are eligible for the same. In case the candidates do not abide by the eligibility criteria, the authorities can disqualify them. The eligibility criteria are as follows.
- The student is born on or after August 1, 2004.
- The student be from classes 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Open school students can also apply for the hbcse mathematical olympiad.
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad – Application Procedure
In order to PRMO apply online, the candidates can consider the following points as mentioned below. The pointers are as follows.
- The students can directly apply for the maths olympiad by visiting the official website of HBCSE, i.e., olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in.
- The Kendriya Vidyalayas, and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas may also register as registration centres and accept to register students from other schools.
- After accessing the application form from the official website, the candidates are required to fill in their names, date of birth, name of the school, etc. in the application form.
- After filling out the forms, the candidates are required to pay the application fees. The fees which are to be paid are given below in the table.
HBCSE Maths Olympiad Application Fees
|OBC, SC, ST, General||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||Rs.200|
HBCSE Mathematics Olympiad – Exam Pattern 2023
The candidates must make sure that they are well-versed in the exam pattern and IOQM syllabus 2023 in order to score highest marks in the olympiad. The exam pattern of the hbcse maths olympiad is as follows.
- Mathematical descriptive questions can be found in INMO.
- Algebra, combinatorics, geometry, and number theory are the primary subjects covered on the test.
- The level of difficulty is greater than RMO.
- A 3-hour test with 24 questions makes up the hbsce mathematics olympiad.
- Each question includes a single-digit or two-digit numerical response that must be written on an OMR sheet.
- The examination is held in offline mode only.
- The question paper will be in English and Hindi language only.
- The IOQM 2023 curriculum resembles the CBSE senior secondary level almost exactly (including Class 12th).
HBCSE Mathematics Olympiad – Admit Card 2023
The IOQM 2023 admit card has been released by the Mathematics Teachers’ Association of India. Students can download it from the official website or pick it up at one of the registered centers. On exam day, you must bring your admit card with you to the testing location. No candidate will be permitted to enter the exam room without it.
Steps to Download the HBCSE Maths Olympiad Admit Card
- Visit the official website of MTA.
- Now, click on the student registration link.
- The candidates are now required to enter the registration number and date of birth.
- Click on the ‘submit’ link.
- The admit card will appear on the screen.
HBCSE Mathematics Olympiad – Result 2023
The IOQM results are made public online at www.mtai.org.in. Students may sit for the INMO 2023 test if they get the required cutoff marks. Students will need their roll number and birthdate in order to check their results. Along with the IOQM 2023 results, MTA also makes the merit list public. The ways to check the IOQM result online are listed below.
Steps to Check the HBCSE Mathematics Olympiad Result
- Visit the official website of MTA.
- Now, click on ‘IOQM Result 2023’ link.
- Enter the roll number and date of birth in the required fields.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- PRMO answer key 2023
- AEEE Exam date 2023
- HBSE 12th date sheet 2023
- JEE advanced registration 2023
- MET Exam date 2023
FAQs related to HBSCE Mathematics Olympiad
How many questions will be asked in the hbsce maths olympiad?
A total of 24 questions will be asked in the HBSCE mathematics olympiad.
Who will appear in the hbsce maths olympiad?
Students selected in IOQM 2023 exam appears for the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO).
How many students are selected for the exam?
Approximately 900 students are selected for the exam.
Can NIOS students apply for the maths olympiad?
Yes, the NIOS students can apply for the maths olympiad.