How to prepare for MHT CET 2023: MHT CET exam is conducted every year for admissions into the B.tech programmes offered by the various MHT CET accepting colleges. To prepare well for the exam, candidates are required to be aware of the exam pattern, syllabus, marking scheme of the exam and the books for preparation. A detailed explanation regarding the MHT CET preparation tips are given below:
MHT CET 2023 Preparation Tips: Overview
The table mentioned below consists of all the important highlights of the Maharashtra CET exam.
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Also known as||MHT CET|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Exam Conducting authority||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra|
|Category of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of MHT CET Exam Centre 2023||166|
|Number of participating institutes (as per 2020 statistics)||342 Institutes|
|Number of Seats Available (as per previous year)||127537 Seats|
How to Prepare for MHT CET 2023?
There are a set of important tips that candidates must follow so as to be able to score well in the Maharashtra CET result 2023. By following such important tips, candidates will be able to score well in the exam. Given below are a few important tips that will help candidates in preparing efficiently for the exam.
- The first step to be followed by candidates is to refer to the MHT CET syllabus PDF 2023 and go through all the important topics and concepts that will be asked in the exam. This will help them in breaking down the most important topics and topics that require a lot of practise.
- The second step that they have to follow is to refer to the MHT CET exam pattern 2023. They must check the sectional division of marks and the various tips that will be asked in the exam.
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2023
By following up the MHT CET exam pattern 2023 candidates will be able to score well in the exam and this will keep them from making mistakes in the exam. The table mentioned below consists of the MHT CET exam pattern 2023.
|Mode of examination||Computer-based Examination|
|Number of Papers||There will be two papers-|
Paper I – Mathematics
Paper II – Physics & Chemistry
|Duration||90 Minutes for each Paper|
|Type of Questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Number of Questions in Paper I and Paper II||Paper I – Mathematics – 50 Questions|
Paper II- Physics & Chemistry– 100 Questions (50 each)
|Total Marks||100 Marks (Each Paper)|
|Marking Scheme||Paper I- 2 marks will be allotted for each correct answer.|
Paper II- 1 mark will be allotted for each correct answer.There is no negative marking in the exam
- Next, candidates are required to plan a strategy and find out the important sections and work on their strengths and weaknesses. They must make a plan and a proper schedule that will help them in finishing the course on time.
Important Topics for MHT CET 2023 Preparation
There are three sections in the MHT CET exam 2023. The first scientist of physics, chemistry and mathematics. Each section consists of topics that hold a higher weightage than other topics in the exam. It is of crucial importance that candidates go through all the important topics and prepare them accordingly. A table mentioned below consists of all the important topics regarding the MHT CET 2023 exam.
|Physics||IntegrationTrigonometryFunctionsCalculusThree Dimensional GeometryDifferentiationProbability, Limits, Continuity and DifferentiabilityVectors|
|Chemistry||Kinetic Theory of Gases and radiationAtoms, Molecules and NucleiOscillationsRotational MotionElectrostaticsElectromagnetic InductionMagnetic Effects of CurrentSemiconductorsWave Motion|
|Mathematics||Chemical Thermodynamics and EnergeticsCoordination Compoundsp-Block elementsd-Block and f-Block elementsAlcohol Phenol EtherOrganic Compounds containing NitrogenSolid StateChemical KineticsSolutions and Colligative Properties|
- After completing the course candidates are required to solve MHT CET 2023 sample paper and MHT CET previous years question paper. This will help them in time management, improving their accuracy and other important aspects related to the exam.
- Candidates must refer to proper materials and books. They must refer to proper books and educational material that matches with the exam.
- They can also attempt CET mock test Maharashtra to have an insight of the exam environment.
Important Books for MHT CET 2023
Candidate are required to refer to certain books that will help candidates in preparing well for the exam. By referring to the books mentioned below candidates will have a wide variety of material and by such books they will be able to practise and prepare well. A detailed list of the books for the MHT CET 2023 exam are given below.
|Name of the book||Author||Publication|
|Marvel Physics for Medical & Engineering Entrance Exam||A. J. Bapat||Marvel Prakashan|
|MH-CET Engineering Solved Papers 2019-2004 with 5 Complete Mock Tests||Various Experts||Arihant Publications|
|Pradnya’s Objective Mathematics||C. S. Patil||Nikita Publication, Latur|
|Chemistry for MHT CET (MCQ)||Mayur Mehta and Chitra Joshi||Marvel Publication|
|XII- Sci. Triumph Physics/ Chemistry /Mathematics||Multiple Authors||Target Publication|
- To score better candidates must have ample time for revising the course. They must revise their course on time.
- MHT CET Application Form 2023
- MHT CET Exam Date 2023
- MHT CET Answer Key 2023
- MHT CET Cutoff 2023
- B.Tech Admission in Maharashtra
FAQs Related to How to Prepare for MHT CET 2023
What is the format in which the MHT CET 2023 questions are asked?
The questions are asked in the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) pattern.
Is there negative marking in the MHT CET 2023 exam?
No, there is no element of negative marking in the exam.