The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the NEET Examination 2023 tentatively on July 17, 2023. After NTA releases the results, the Medical Counselling Committee will be conducting the NEET Seat Allotment 2023 whose NEET 2023 form will be released online on their official website that is mcc.nic.in.
The NEET Seat Allotment 2023 is conducted on the basis of the NEET marks and rank scored by the candidate in the NEET UG Examination 2023. It is conducted in three different rounds that are Round 1, Round 2 and the mop-up round.
A total of 91,415 seats for MBBS and 27,698 seats of BDS will be allotted to the students based on their performance in the examination or NEET 2023 online results.
NEET Seat Allotment 2023 Important Dates
Below given are some important dates regarding the NEET Seat Allotment. All the candidates must keep a note of them so that they don’t miss anything.
|Events||Round 1||Round 2||Mop -Up Round|
|Registration and Payment||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|Choice Filling||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|Seat Allotment process||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|Provisional Results||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|Allotment Results||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|Reporting to the colleges||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
Key points related to NEET 2023 Seat Allotment Process
The Medical Counselling Committee will be conducting the NEET 2023 Seat Allotment Process for the following given quotas:
- 15% All India Quota seats for students all over the country
- 100% seats of BHU, AIIMS and SU for MBBS and BDS courses
- 100% seats of JIPMER for Puducherry and Karaikal
- 85% State Quota seats for DU and IP University
- 15% IP Quota seats of ESIC
- 100% Seats for Dentistry including 5% for Jamia students
NEET Seat Allotment Process 2023
The NEET 2023 Seat Allotment process is conducted in three different rounds : Round 1, Round 2 and Mop-Up round. The mop-up round is conducted in case seats are left vacant after the first two rounds of counselling.
The candidates will be given the seats according to the marks scored by them in the NEET UG examination, number of seats available, filled preferences etc.
After the Seats are allotted by the committee, candidates are given the option to either accept or reject the seat allotted to them.
Detailed NEET 2023 Allotment Process
Below given in the full detailed process conducted in NEET Seat Allotment 2023:
- If the candidate accepts the seat allotted to him/her, then he/she will have to download the NEET Allotment Letter 2023 through NEET’s official website using their Roll number, date of birth and security PIN.
- After that, candidates are required to go to the designated centres along with their NEET Allotment Letter, certificates and other required documents for verification and completion of the admission process.
- Since the admission process is open for only two or three days after the NEET Seat Allotment process is done, that’s why all the candidates are advised to report to their designated centre as soon as possible.
- Then the students will have to give a medical test to show that they are medically fit for admission.
- After the admission process is done, the allotted college will be sending the candidate’s details to DGHS and on the basis of them, DGHS will be sending the admission letter to the candidates.
- In case a student rejects the allotted seat in the first round of NEET Seat Allocation 2023 then he/she has two options to either sit for the next round of allotment or take an exit.
- In case, a student takes an exit after the first round of allotment, whole refundable fees will be refunded to the candidate.
- But if he/she takes an exit after further rounds, then some of the refundable fees will be deducted by the committee.
NEET Seat Allotment 2023- Reservation Criteria for AIQ seats
FAQs Related to NEET Seat Allotment Process 2023
Is the NEET Seat Allotment letter necessary to appear for the admission process?
Yes, candidates must download the NEET Seat Allotment Letter from the website of MCC and they must carry it along with them while going to the designated centre for the admission process.
What if we reject the allotted seat in all the rounds of NEET Seat Allotment 2023?
In case, the candidate rejects the seats in every round of NEET Seat Allotment Process 2023, then he/she will be charged with a penalty fee which will be deducted from the refundable fee submitted by the candidate.
Will MCC conduct the NEET 2023 Seat Allotment process for state quota seats also?
MCC will not be conducting Seat Allotment Process for all the State Quota seats but only for the SQ seats of DU and IP university.