NEET exam pattern 20243- National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the NEET 2024 exam pattern on its official website, nta.ac.in. Candidates who wish to do well in NEET 2024 should be familiar with the exam pattern. The NEET test format for 2024 is same as previous year, with the exception that the duration has been increased by 20 minutes.
The exam pattern is an integral part of NEET syllabus 2024 PDF. The NEET exam pattern 2024 will comprise details such as the method of examination, medium, marking scheme, and duration of the examination. Read the entire article to learn about the revised NEET 2024 exam pattern and other important details.
NEET Exam Pattern 2024 – Marks Distribution
The NEET question paper will consist of three courses, according to the new NEET 2024 exam pattern: physics, chemistry, and biology. Each subject will be broken down into two parts. Students need to appear for exam with their NEET admit card 2024 printout.
The table below shows the weighting and breakdown of the question paper per section.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Physics Section A||35||140|
|Physics Section B||15||40|
|Chemistry Section A||35||140|
|Chemistry Section B||15||40|
|Biology Section A||35||140|
|Biology Section B||15||40|
|Zoology Section A||35||140|
|Zoology Section B||15||40|
Overview of NEET 2024 Exam Pattern
- The number of languages in which NEET 2024 will be administered is 13, offering candidates additional options when it comes to selecting regional languages.
- Candidates are provided an OMR sheet to record their responses with a ballpoint pen, as per the NEET 2024 exam pattern. As a result, it’s critical to understand everything there is to know about the OMR sheet and how to fill it out. The amount of questions asked from each subject is also controlled by the NEET 2024 pattern.
- There will be 200 multiple-choice objective-type questions from three topics – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology – in the revised NEET test pattern. Each question has four possible answers.
- The revised NEET exam pattern provides applicants with a greater variety of questions to tackle. Each subject will be divided into two halves, each with 35 and 15 questions. Candidates will have to answer 10 out of 15 questions in the second section.
- According to the NEET marks distribution scheme, each question is worth four points, with one point deducted for each incorrect response. NEET 2024 will have a total score of 720. While preparing for the NEET 2024 exam, aspirants should be aware of the NEET exam format.
Important Points of NEET 2024 exam pattern
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued the following instructions to clarify the NEET test pattern 2024:
- Each subject has 35 questions in Section A. All of the questions are required to be answered.
- Each subject had 15 questions in Section B. A candidate must attempt any 10 questions out of 15 in each subject in Section B.
- Candidates were urged to attentively read all 15 questions in Section B of each subject before beginning to answer the questions. In the event that a candidate attempts more than ten questions, only the top ten will be considered.
Negative marking in NEET exam pattern 2024
The components of the NEET 2024 test pattern are listed here, along with the number of questions and mark distribution.
- Each correct answer will receive four points.
- For each wrong response, one mark will be deducted.
- No points will be deducted for questions that are not answered.
- Questions with two or more responses recorded on the OMR form are considered wrong, and one point will be deducted.
The below table gives a clear picture of NEET marking scheme 2024:-
|Question with more than one response||-1|
Regional Languages available for NEET 2024
|Medium||NEET 2024 Exam Centres|
|English and Hindi||All exam cities and centres|
|English and Urdu||All exam cities and centres|
|Assamese||Available only in exam centres in Assam|
|Bengali||Available only in exam centres in West Bengal|
|Gujarati||Available only in exam centres in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra, and Nagar Haveli|
|Marathi||Available only in exam centres in Maharashtra|
|Tamil||Available only in exam centres in Tamil Nadu|
|Telugu||Available only in exam centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|Oriya||Available only in exam centres in Odisha|
|Malayalam||Available only in exam centres in Kerala|
|Punjabi||Available only in exam centres in Punjab|
|Kannada||Available only in exam centres in Karnataka|
Guidelines for NEET Exam Pattern 2024
We have listed the below guidelines for NEET 2024 test, the students should aware of-
- A candidate must remember to write the code for the test booklet on the OMR page.
- Only conduct preliminary work on the test booklet.
- Candidates who choose English as a medium in NEET online form 2024 will only be given the Test Booklet in English.
- In the event of any ambiguity in the translation of any of the questions, the English version of the NEET question paper will be considered final.
- Candidates who choose a language other than English will receive a Bilingual Test Booklet, their preferred language, and English.
- Changing replies on the OMR sheet is not permitted.
- Erasing/obliterating any information contained on the OMR sheet is a serious offence.
FAQs Related to NEET 2024 Exam Pattern
What will be the total number of questions asked in NEET 2024?
The overall number of questions in the question paper is determined to be 200, with 180 of them being relevant to attempt. Each of the three subjects will be broken into three portions, with equal weighting for each subject.
In NEET 2024, will there be negative marking?
Yes, the NEET 2024 exam design indicates that negative marking would be used. One mark will be deducted for each wrong response, and four marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
How long will I have to complete each section?
Candidates will have three hours to complete the entire NEET question paper. They are free to distribute the time between the components as they see fit. In the NEET test schedule, there is no sectional time limit.