CBSE CGPA Calculator: CGPA full form is Cumulative Grade Point Average. It is a grading system used by the CBSE affiliated schools and colleges to evaluate the overall performance of students. According to the student’s performance, the board allotts them grades, i.e., A, B, C, D, E, or F.
In order to score a good CGPA, it is very important for the candidates to score a high GPA. Now, GPA stands for Grade Point Average which is an important element to calculate CGPA. The candidates are required to score a good GPA in each subject to score an overall good CGPA.
Moreover, GPA refers to the scores obtained in a particular semester, whereas, CGPA refers to the average GPA scores obtained in all the subjects combined. Read the complete article below to know more in detail about the CBSE CGPA calculator.
What is CBSE CGPA Calculator?
The term cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is used to describe the overall mean performance of students over the course of an academic year. In contrast to the Indian Grading System’s percentages and grades, the CGPA is represented by a “number.” For instance, if you receive an “A grade” in a course, your marks would fall between “90-95” and your estimated CGPA would be “9.”
Steps to Use the CBSE CGPA Calculator
One must multiply the grade points earned in the subject with 9.5 to determine the estimated percentage of marks for each subject. i.e., 9.5 * GP of the subject.
Let’s take an example and calculate the CGPA of a student. The example is as follows.
- Suppose the grade points scored by the students in the 5 main subjects are as follows.
|Subjects||Grade Point (GP)|
- Now, add these grade points, i.e., 8+8+9+7+8=40.
- These total grade points are 40 and are to be divided by the total number of subjects which is 5. So, 40 divided by 5 = 8.
- The CGPA is taken out as 8.
- CBSE Result 2023 Date
- CBSE Certificate Download
- CBSE Result verification Last date
- CBSE 10th Result 2023 by Roll Number
- CBSE Result Class 12 Date
Steps to Calculate Percentage from CGPA
If one wants to calculate the percentage from the CGPA scored by the candidates, one can do so by following the simple steps below.
- In order to calculate the percentage, the candidates just need to multiply CGPA scores by 9.5.
- As the CGPA scored in the above example was 8 so the final percentage will be 8×9.5 = 76%.
CBSE CGPA Calculator – Grading Scheme
The CBSE grading scheme is mentioned below in the table. The candidates can check out the same below.
CBSE CGPA Chart
|Marks||Grades allotted||Grade Points|
|Less than 21||E2||–|
- CBSE Fees 2023
- CBSE Migration Certificate
- Passing Marks in CBSE Board exam
- CBSE Topper Benefits
- CBSE Compartment Result Date
FAQs related to CBSE CGPA Calculator
How to convert CGPA scores to a percentage?
In order to convert the CGPA scores into percentages simply multiply the CGPA score by 9.5.
What is the maximum CGPA score?
The maximum CGPA score ranges from 9.5-10.
How much is a 7.5 CGPA in percentage?
The percentage of 7.5 CGPA will be 71.25%.
Is 8.5 a good CGPA?
Yes, 8.5 is considered a good CGPA.