CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2024: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is responsible for releasing the CBSE science class 10 syllabus 2024. The CBSE 10th Science syllabus 2024 PDF is made available on the official website, www.cbse.gov.in. The CBSE syllabus 2024 PDF contains all the main topics and sub-topics of the subjects along with the projects, marking scheme, practicals, and assignments.
|Subject Name||Download Link|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2024||Click Here|
|CBSE Class 10 Computer Science Syllabus 2024||CBSE Class 10 Music Syllabus 2024|
|CBSE Class 10 Social Science Syllabus 2024||CBSE Class 10 Hindi Syllabus 2024|
|CBSE Class 10 English Syllabus 2024||CBSE Physical Education Syllabus Class 10|
CBSE 2024 syllabus Class 10 helps the students not only prepare effectively, but also save precious time. The students should cover the class 10 Science syllabus CBSE, before the release of the CBSE Class 10 timetable 2024. The science syllabus contains 5 units carrying 80 marks and 20 marks for the practical exams. Continue reading the article below to know the complete class 10 science syllabus 2024.
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2024
In the table given below, candidates can check out the science syllabus which is divided into 5 units with units 1 and 2 carrying the maximum marks among all. The syllabus of class 10 CBSE 2024 science is as follows.
CBSE 2024 Class 10 Science Syllabus
|Unit 1: Chemical substances – Nature and Behaviour||Chemical reactions, Acids, bases and salts, Metals & Non-Metals, Carbon compounds||25|
|Unit 2: World of Living||Life processes, Control and co-ordination in animals and plants, Reproduction, Heredity, and Evolution||25|
|Unit 3: Natural Phenomenon||Reflection of light by curved surfaces, Refraction of light by a spherical lens, Refraction of light through a prism, etc||12|
|Unit 4: Effects of current||Electric current, Magnetic effects of current||13|
|Unit 5: Natural Resources||Our environment||05|
CBSE Class 10 Theory Syllabus 2024
Students may check unit-wise chapters included in Class 10 Science syllabus 2024.
- Chemical Substances – Nature and Behaviour (25 Marks)
- Chemical reactions
- Acids, bases and salts
- Metals and nonmetals
- Carbon compounds
- World of Living (25 Marks)
- Life processes
- Control and co-ordination in animals and plants
- Heredity and Evolution
- Natural Phenomena (12 Marks)
- Reflection of light by curved surfaces
- Refraction of light by spherical lens
- Functioning of lens in Human eye
- Refraction of light through prism.
- How Things Work – Effects of Current (13 Marks)
- Electric current
- Magnetic effects of current
- Natural Resources (5 Marks)
- Sources of energy
- Our environment
- Management of natural resources
CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper Design (Theory)
The CBSE 10th science syllabus covers the following assessment areas:
|Demonstrate knowledge and understanding||46%|
|Application of knowledge/concept||22%|
|Analyze, Evaluate, and Create||32%|
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2024 for Practical Exam
The students must prepare for the science practical exams as well from the CBSE class 10 science syllabus 2023-24. The practicals are as important as the theory exam. The practicals help a candidate to score well because of which the students should thoroughly prepare for the same from the given syllabus.
List of experiments
Below, we have listed the experiments for each unit which must be practiced by a student:
UNIT 1 experiments
- A. Finding the pH of the following samples by using pH paper/universal indicator:
- Dilute Hydrochloric Acid
- Dilute NaOH solution
- Dilute Ethanoic Acid solution
- Lemon juice
- Dilute Hydrogen Carbonate solution
B. Studying the properties of acids and bases (HCl & NaOH) on the basis of their reaction with
- Litmus solution (Blue/Red)
- Zinc metal
- Solid sodium carbonate
- Performing and observing the following reactions and classifying them into
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
- (i) Action of water on quicklime (ii) Action of heat on ferrous sulphate crystals (iii) Iron nails kept in copper sulphate solution (iv) Reaction between sodium sulphate and barium chloride solutions.
- Observing the action of Zn, Fe, Cu and Al metals on the following salt solutions:
- Al2 (SO4)3(aq)
Arranging Zn, Fe, Cu and Al (metals) in the decreasing order of reactivity based on the above result.
4. Studying the dependence of potential difference (V) across a resistor on the current (I) passing through it and determine its resistance. Also plotting a graph between V and I.
5. Determination of the equivalent resistance of two resistors when connected in series and parallel.
6. Preparing a temporary mount of a leaf peel to show stomata.
7. Experimentally show that carbon dioxide is given out during respiration.
8. Study of the following properties of acetic acid (ethanoic acid):
(ii) Solubility in water
(iii) effect on litmus|
(iv) Reaction with Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate
9. Study of the comparative cleaning capacity of a sample of soap in soft and hard water.
10. Determination of the focal length of:
(i) Concave Mirror
(ii) Convex lens
by obtaining the image of distant object
11. Tracing the path of a ray of light passing through a rectangular glass slab for different angles of incidence. Measure the angle of incidence, angle of refraction, angle of emergence and interpret the result.
12. Studying (a) binary fission in Amoeba, and (b) budding in yeast and Hydra with the help of prepared slides.
13. Tracing the path of the rays of light through a glass prism.
14. Identification of the different parts of an embryo of a dicot seed (Pea, gram or red kidney bean).
Prescribed Books for CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2024
- Textbook for class 10 NCERT Publication
- Assessment of practical skills in Science – Class 10 – CBSE publication
- Laboratory Manual Science – Class 10 – NCERT Publication
- Exemplar Problems class 10 – NCERT Publication
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2024 – Internal Assessment (20 Marks)
As per CBSE Exam Pattern 2024 Class 10, the internal assessment for the CBSE 10th Science Syllabus consist of 20 marks which are as follows.
- Periodic Assessment – 10 marks
- Subject Enrichment (Practical Work) – 05 marks
- Portfolio – 05 marks
- CBSE 10th Admit Card Download
- CBSE 10th Class Result 2024 Date
- CBSE Topper of 10th Class 2024 list
- How to Prepare for CBSE Class 10 Exam
- CBSE Previous Year Question Paper Class 10 PDF
- CBSE sample paper class 10 2024 PDF Download
FAQs related to CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2024
What are the requirements to pass the CBSE Class 10 Science examination in 2024?
Students must score a minimum of 33 per cent of CBSE 10th pass marks in the theory and practical exams separately in order to pass the CBSE Class 10 exams.
What is the final exam’s overall score in terms of the CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus?
The total marks in the final exam according to the CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus is 100, out of which 20 is for internals and 80 is for the final exam paper.