The CSEET exam will be conducted by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. ICSI has published the CSEET syllabus 2024 on its official website. Candidates must note the CSEET 2024 syllabus which consist of the various topics that are expected in the CSEET exam 2024.
There are four papers in the CSEET syllabus. Business communication, legal aptitude, logical reasoning, economic and business environment current affairs, presentation skills, and communication skills are all part of the CSEET 2024 syllabus. Given below is a detailed analysis of the CSEET syllabus.
CSEET Syllabus 2024 PDF Download
It is crucial for candidates to have access to the CS entrance exam syllabus 2024. This will assist them in developing strategies, efficiently preparing topics, and gaining a better understanding of the CSEET exam pattern 2024. Given below is a table consisting of the CSEET syllabus for 2024.
|Business Communication||Click Here|
|Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning|
|Economic & Business Environment|
|Current Affairs, Presentation and communication skills|
After CSEET Registration 2024, students should start covering the syllabus and prepare a study time table for them.
CSEET Syllabus 2024 For Business Communication
The CSEET syllabus consists of a section known as “business communication.” The business communication section in the CSEET syllabus 2024 consists of 50 marks.
There are a few topics that candidates should be aware of because they will play an important role in the examination. Given below is a table consisting of the CSEET syllabus for business communication. Ensure you study the entire syllabus at least a month before the exam date.
CSEET Syllabus: Essentials Of Good English
Given below is a list of topics that are a part of the CSEET syllabus 2024.
- English Grammar and its usage-Noun, Pronouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Interjection, Voice, Articles, Tenses, prefixes and Suffix, Punctuations, etc.
- Enriching Vocabulary-Choice of words, Synonyms, and Antonyms
- Common errors in English
- Words with multiple meanings
- One-word substitution
- Words frequently mis-spelt
- Idioms and phrases
- Para jumbles
- Sentence completion
- Sentence arrangement
- Sentence correction
CSEET Syllabus 2024: Communication & Business Correspondence
|Concept of Communication, Meaning and significance of Good Communication|
• Business Communication- Principles and Process
• Means of Communication- Written, Oral, Visual, Audiovisual
• Choice of Modes of Communication
• Communication Networks- Vertical, Circuit, Chain, Wheel, Star
• Commonly used Mediums of Digital CommunicationEmail, SMS, Voice mail, Multimedia, Teleconferencing, Mobile Phone Conversation, Video Conferencing etc.
• Listening Skills-Types, Purpose, Steps to Effective Listening, Barriers to Effective Listening and Ways to overcome the Barriers
|Business Letters – Its Essentials, Parts, Types, Salutations|
• Positive Messages, Negative Messages and Persuasive Messages
• Business Reports, Inter and Intra-departmental Communication- Office Orders, Office Circulars, Memorandum, Office Notes, Management Information System (MIS)
• Concept of Web, Internet and E-correspondence
• Intranet- Benefit and Purpose
• Email – Features, Procedure to Write a Formal Email, Email Etiquettes
CSEET Syllabus 2024 For Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning
The second paper in the CSEET syllabus for 2024 consists of three sections: the section on general aptitude, the section on logical reasoning. The second paper is worth 50 points. Given below are a few points from the CSEET syllabus for 2024.
CSEET Syllabus 2024 For Legal Aptitude
|Indian Constitution||• Fundamental Rights and Fundamental DutiesCitizenshipPreamble |
• Directive Principles of State Policy
• State under Constitution
• President and Governors
• Council of Ministers and Prime Minister
• Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Legislative Assembly, Legislative Council
• Supreme Court and High Courts
• Landmark Amendment in Constitution
|Elements of Company Law||Meaning and Nature of Company|
• Types of Companies
• Incorporation of a Company
• Types of capital
• Board of Directors -(Concept, Appointment and Removal of Directors)
• Board Meetings & Shareholders Meetings
• Corporate Social Responsibility
• Business Ethics
• Ethical Dilemma
CSEET Syllabus 2024 For Logical Reasoning
|Analytical Reasoning||Critical Reasoning|
• Cause and Effect Reasoning
• Coding and Decoding
• Deriving Conclusion from Passages
• Drawing Inference
• Number Test
• Sequence and Series
• Statement and Assumptions
|Assertion and Reason|
• Blood Relations
• Decision Making
• Inserting Missing Characters
• Logical Sequence Test
• Logical Venn Diagram
• Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test
• Truth Tellers and Liars
CSEET Syllabus 2024 For Economic & Business Environment
|Basics of Demand and Supply and Forms of Market Competition||• Theory of Demand and Supply|
• Equilibrium Price
• Elasticity of Demand and Supply and other related concepts
• Increase and Decrease in Demand and Expansion and Contraction of Demand
• Forms of Market Competition- Monopoly, Duopoly, Oligopoly, Perfect Competition and Monopolistic Competition
|National Income Accounting and Related Concepts||• Meaning and methods to compute National Income|
• Key variables of National Income (GNP, GDP, NNP, NDP etc.
|Indian Union Budget||Key terminologies/heads covered under the budget|
• Revenue and Capital Budget
• Major components of Revenue and Capital Budget
• Meaning of Fiscal Deficit
• Components/ Variables covered under Fiscal Deficit
|Indian Financial Markets||Overview of Indian Financial Ecosystem|
• Key facets of Indian financial system
• Growth of Financial Institutions
• Public and private sector banks
• Industrial Finance Corporation of India, Small Industries Development Bank of India• Regional Rural Banks
• Cooperative Banks• Non-Banking Finance Companies• Basics of Capital Market: Types of Shares and Debentures
|Indian Economy||• Primary (Agriculture and allied activities)• Secondary (Manufacturing)• Tertiary (Services):• Current scenario of agriculture and allied activities in India. Agricultural and Industrial Policies of India• Current scenario of services sector in India• Balance of Payments|
|Business Environment||Overview of Business Environment• Features and factors influencing businessenvironment• Types of environment: Economic environment,Socio-cultural environment, Political environment,Legal and Technological environment• Ease of Doing Business Index by World Bank forIndia and Department for Promotion of Industry andInternal Trade (DPIIT) for States|
CSEET Syllabus 2024 For Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills
The CSEET exam syllabus 2024 consists of 50 marks. Given below is a table consisting of the syllabus for current affairs and communication skills.
|Current Affairs||Current affairs of national and international|
importance relating to:International bodies (ASEAN, BRICS, SAARC, G-20,BIMSTEC, etc.)
Organizations like, RBI, NABARD, CCI, IBBI, IMF, OECD, ADB, World Bank, etc.Summits and conferences
Current development in Banking and Finance (digital banking, govt. initiatives, financial inclusion, etc.)
Current political scenarioInitiatives/ schemes of the government
|Business and Economy||International Trade Agreements|
Export Import Scenarios
Recent Appointments of Chairman/MD/CEO of renowned companies
Recent Mergers and Acquisitions of Companies in India and Abroad
Other Recent Business Developments
CSEET Syllabus 2024: Highlights
The CSEET 2024 exam consists of four sections. There are 35 multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and each section consists of 50 marks. The paper as a whole consists of 200 marks.
CS Entrance Test Syllabus 2024 Overview
|Full Exam Name||CS Executive Entrance Test|
|Short Exam Name||CSEET|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Company Secretaries of India|
|Frequency of Conduct||4 times a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||1000 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 15 Minutes|
CSEET Exam Pattern 2024
Candidates must note that it is extremely crucial for them to know the CSEET exam pattern 2024, as this will help them avoid mistakes in the exam.
|Paper & Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1: Business Communication||35 MCQs||50 marks|
|Paper 2: Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||35 MCQs||50 marks|
|Paper 3: Economic and Business Environment||35 MCQs||50 marks|
|Paper 4: Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills||35 MCQs||50 marks|
|Total||140 questions||200 marks|
CSEET 2024 Marking Scheme
The CSEET 2024 exam consists of 140 questions. The exam consists of 200 marks. There are four sections in the exam, and each section consists of 35 questions in MCQ format. Candidates are awarded 1 and 2 marks in every section.
There are questions consisting of one or two marks in each section for different questions. They must also note that the CSEET 2024 exam does not consist of negative markings. Candidates do not lose marks even if they mark the wrong answer.
- Which qualification is exempted from CSEET
- Is there any exam form for CSEET
- CSEET Admit card November 2024
- How can I check my ICSI exam Centre
- CSEET result November 2024 link
FAQs Related To CSEET Syllabus 2024
Where can we download the CSEET syllabus for 2024?
The exam conducting authority will release the CSEET syllabus 2024 on the official website in PDF form, and they can download it from there.
Is there any negative marking in the CSEET 2024 exam?
No, there is no negative marking in the CSEET 2024 exam. Candidates will not lose out on marks even if they mark the wrong answer.