NTA has published the JEE Main 2024 Syllabus PDF for Papers 1 and 2 on the official website, jeemain.nta.nic.in. The NTA JEE Syllabus for session 1 and session 2 has been reduced. Both session syllsbus are same.
New JEE Main Syllabus 2024 PDF Download Link (318 KB) for Maths, Physics, Chemistry (Paper 1 & 2)
JEE Main Syllabus 2024 for both Paper 1 (B.E./ BTech) and Paper 2 (B.Arch /B.Plan) is released. Along with JEE Main 2024 Syllabus candidates can also check official IIT JEE Exam Pattern 2024 and previous year JEE Main question papers.
JEE Main 2024 Syllabus Deleted Topics
Below is the list of topics which have been reduced from the new JEE Main 2024 syllabus.
List of topics removed from Mathematics
- Mathematical Inductions
- Mathematical Reasoning
- A few topics were removed from Three Dimensional Geometry.
List of topics removed from Physics
- Communication Systems
- A few topics were removed from the Experimental Skills.
List of topics removed from Chemistry
- Physical quantities and their measurements in Chemistry, precision, and accuracy, significant figures
- States of Matter
- Thomson and Rutherford’s atomic models and their limitations
- Surface Chemistry
- s-Block Elements
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
The official JEE Main 2024 Syllabus pdf contains the topic-wise sections of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from which questions are to be asked in NTA JEE Main. With the help of JEE Main Syllabus 2024, candidates can prepare their study schedule to cover JEE Main Important Topics and other topics.
Candidates are advised to practice JEE Main mock tests to understand the difficulty level and JEE syllabus weightage in a better way. Candidates should note that the syllabus of JEE Main 2024 is same as for other sessions. Read the complete article to know more about the complete JEE Mains Syllabus 2024.
JEE Main Syllabus 2024 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
Candidates can check the syllabus for JEE Main 2024 of both Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) and Paper 2 (B.Arch/B, Scheme) from the table given below. The help of NCERT 12th Solutions and NCERT 11th Solutions can be taken to prepare for JEE Mains Syllabus 2024.
JEE Syllabus for Class 11th has a weightage of 40%, and JEE Syllabus for Class 12th has a weightage of 60%, according to the analysis from the previous year. The JEE Main 2024 Question Paper will be having negative marking for each wrong answer.
Also know about JEE Main Number of Attempts
Detailed Physics Syllabus for JEE Main 2024 –
The physics syllabus for JEE Main 2024 consists of 21 units/topics. Topics from the theoretical section are weighted at 80%, while those from the practical section are at 20%.
There are 20 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in Section A and 10 numerical value type responses in Section B of the JEE Main Physics Question Paper. All of the MCQs and any five questions with numerical values must be answered by candidates.
Below is the list of important chapters of Physics. To get good marks candidates must cover the entire JEE Main Syllabus 2024 of Physics.
- Section A
- Physics and measurement
- Electromagnetic waves
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Communication systems
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Work, energy, and power
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Rotational motion
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Current electricity
- Electronic devices
- Laws of Motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Rotational motion
- Atoms and nuclei
- Section B
- Experimental Skills
80% of the physics syllabus covers the theory part and the other 20% covers the experimental part.
Math Syllabus for JEE Main 2024 –
- There are 16 main topics/units in the JEE Main 2024 Mathematics Syllabus.
- The JEE Mathematics syllabus being the same for the B.E./B.Tech., B. Arch., and B. Planning examinations, candidates should be aware of this.
- The Mathematics section of the JEE Main is frequently rated as the most difficult and time-consuming due to the extensive calculations.
- There are 20 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in Section A of the JEE Main Mathematics Question Paper. All 20 questions must be answered by candidates.
- Candidates are expected to respond to any 5 of the 10 questions in Section B, which are of the numerical value type questions.
Below is a list of important maths chapters one must prepare for JEE Main Exam 2024. To score good marks candidates must cover the entire JEE Main Syllabus 2024 of Mathematics.
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Sets, relations and functions
- Mathematical induction
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical reasoning
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Differential equations
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequence and Series
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Co-ordinate geometry
Detailed Chemistry Syllabus for JEE Main 2024 –
- Physical, Inorganic, and Organic Chemistry topics are covered in the JEE Main 2024 Chemistry Syllabus.
- Inorganic Chemistry has eight key topics, Physical Chemistry has ten, and organic chemistry also includes ten important topics.
- 20 multiple-choice questions and 10 questions with numerical values make up the JEE Main Chemistry Question Paper. All of the MCQs and any five questions with numerical values must be answered by candidates.
Chemistry has three parts: organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry and physical chemistry. Find below the list of JEE Mains Syllabus 2024 of Chemistry for all sections.
JEE Main Syllabus 2024 for Physical Chemistry
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of Matter
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Atomic structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
JEE Mains 2024 Syllabus for Organic Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
JEE Mains Syllabus 2024 for Inorganic Chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
- d- and f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- JEE Main admit card 2024 release date and time
- When JEE Main result 2024 will be declared
- JEE Main 2024 Topper State wise
JEE Main Syllabus 2024 for Paper 2 Aptitude Test (B.Arch/ B.Planning)
Below are the topics of the JEE Main 2024 syllabus for paper 2 for the candidates who are appearing for B.Arch/ B.planning courses.
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus 2024
|Set, relations and Functions
|Complex number and quadratic equations
|Matrices and determinants
|Permutation and Combination
|Binomial theorem and simple applications
|Sequence and series
|Limit, continuity and differentiability
|Three dimensional geometry
|Statistics and probability
|Awareness of persons. Buildings, Materials
|Three dimensional- perception
|DRAWING TEST (For BArch)
|Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape
|PLANNING (For BPlan)
जेईई मेन 2024 के लिए सर्वश्रेष्ठ पुस्तकें (Best Books for JEE Main 2024)
FAQs for JEE Main Syllabus 2024
Can the JEE Main 2024 Syllabus be shortened?
No. NTA hasn’t altered the JEE Main 2024 Syllabus.
How long will it take to cover the entire JEE Main syllabus ?
While there is no definite answer, candidates should plan properly and create a suitable timetable to study.
Is the JEE Main 2024 syllabus released ?
The National Testing Agency has released the JEE Main 2024 syllabus to inform candidates about the topics that must be covered during the JEE Main Preparation.
Is JEE Main 2024 Syllabus same as CBSE Class 12th Syllabus?
The syllabus will be same as that of CBSE Class 12 exam syllabus. Mainly the topic and chapters will be the same for both class 12th and JEE Main.
Is the syllabus for both JEE Main 2024 Paper 1 and 2 the same?
No. The syllabus for Paper 1 and 2 of JEE Main 2024 varies.
Will there be questions from class XI in JEE Main 2024 syllabus as well?
Yes. Some questions from class 11 syllabus may also be asked in JEE Main 2024 exam.
What are the topics which are in JEE Main syllabus but not in JEE Advanced syllabus?
JEE Advanced 2024 Syllabus does not have some sections like Environmental Chemistry, Semiconductor, Communication System, Mathematical Reasoning.