JEE Main syllabus 2023 – NTA has published the JEE Main 2023 Syllabus PDF for Papers 1 and 2 on the official website, jeemain.nta.nic.in. The NTA JEE Syllabus has not undergone any recent revisions.
The official JEE Main 2023 Syllabus pdf contains the topic-wise sections of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from which questions are to be asked in NTA JEE Main. With the help of JEE Main Syllabus 2023, candidates can prepare their study schedule to cover JEE Main Important Topics and other topics.
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 for both Paper 1 (B.E./ BTech) and Paper 2 (B.Arch /B.Plan) is released. Along with JEE Main 2023 Syllabus candidates can also check official IIT JEE Exam Pattern 2023 and previous year JEE Main question papers.
Candidates are advised to practice JEE Main mock tests to understand the difficulty level and JEE syllabus weightage in a better way. Candidates should note that the syllabus of JEE Main 2023 is same as for other sessions. Read the complete article to know more about the complete JEE Mains Syllabus 2023.
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
Candidates can check the syllabus for JEE Main 2023 of both Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech) and Paper 2 (B.Arch/B, Scheme) from the table given below. The help of NCERT 12th Solutions and NCERT 11th Solutions can be taken to prepare for JEE Mains Syllabus 2023.
JEE Syllabus for Class 11th has a weightage of 40%, and JEE Syllabus for Class 12th has a weightage of 60%, according to the analysis from the previous year. The JEE Main 2023 Question Paper will be having negative marking for each wrong answer.
Also know about JEE Main Number of Attempts
Detailed Physics Syllabus for JEE Main 2023 –
The physics syllabus for JEE Main 2023 consists of 21 units/topics. Topics from the theoretical section are weighted at 80%, while those from the practical section are at 20%.
There are 20 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in Section A and 10 numerical value type responses in Section B of the JEE Main Physics Question Paper. All of the MCQs and any five questions with numerical values must be answered by candidates.
Below is the list of important chapters of Physics. To get good marks candidates must cover the entire JEE Main Syllabus 2023 of Physics.
- Section A
- Physics and measurement
- Rotational motion
- Work, energy and power
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Laws of motion
- Oscillations and waves
- Electronic devices
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Current electricity
- Communication systems
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic waves
- Atoms and nuclei
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Section B
- Experimental Skills
80% of the physics syllabus covers the theory part and the other 20% covers the experimental part.
Detailed Math Syllabus for JEE Main 2023 –
- There are 16 main topics/units in the JEE Main 2023 Mathematics Syllabus.
- The JEE Mathematics syllabus being the same for the B.E./B.Tech., B. Arch., and B. Planning examinations, candidates should be aware of this.
- The Mathematics section of the JEE Main is frequently rated as the most difficult and time-consuming due to the extensive calculations.
- There are 20 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in Section A of the JEE Main Mathematics Question Paper. All 20 questions must be answered by candidates.
- Candidates are expected to respond to any 5 of the 10 questions in Section B, which are of the numerical value type questions.
Below is a list of important maths chapters one must prepare for JEE Main Exam 2023. To score good marks candidates must cover the entire JEE Main Syllabus 2023 of Mathematics.
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Sets, relations and functions
- Mathematical induction
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical reasoning
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Differential equations
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequence and Series
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Co-ordinate geometry
Detailed Chemistry Syllabus for JEE Main 2023 –
- Physical, Inorganic, and Organic Chemistry topics are covered in the JEE Main 2023 Chemistry Syllabus.
- Inorganic Chemistry has eight key topics, Physical Chemistry has ten, and organic chemistry also includes ten important topics.
- 20 multiple-choice questions and 10 questions with numerical values make up the JEE Main Chemistry Question Paper. All of the MCQs and any five questions with numerical values must be answered by candidates.
Chemistry has three parts: organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry and physical chemistry. Find below the list of JEE Mains Syllabus 2023 of Chemistry for all sections.
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 for Physical Chemistry
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
JEE Mains 2023 Syllabus for Organic Chemistry
- Purification and characterisation of organic compounds
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
JEE Mains Syllabus 2023 for Inorganic Chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
- d- and f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- JEE Main admit card 2023 release date and time
- When JEE Main result 2023 will be declared
- JEE Main 2022 Topper State wise
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 for Paper 2 Aptitude Test (B.Arch/ B.Planning)
Below are the topics of the JEE Main 2023 syllabus for paper 2 for the candidates who are appearing for B.Arch/ B.planning courses.
|Part I||Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials. Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build—environment. Visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings. Visualising. different sides of three-dimensional objects. Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).|
|Part II||Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast. |
Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil. Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces, ect.), landscape (river fronts, jungles, trees, plants, etc.) and rural life.
|Part III (Planning)||General Awareness regarding development issues, government programs/schemes etc., Comprehension, critical thinking and analytical skills, graphs, charts and map reading skills, simple statistics, CBSE class X Social Sciences topics.|
जेईई मेन 2023 के लिए सर्वश्रेष्ठ पुस्तकें (Best Books for JEE Main 2023)
FAQs for JEE Main Syllabus 2023 –
Can the JEE Main 2023 Syllabus be shortened?
No. NTA hasn’t altered the JEE Main 2023 Syllabus.
How long will it take to cover the entire JEE Main syllabus ?
While there is no definite answer, candidates should plan properly and create a suitable timetable to study.
Is the JEE Main 2023 syllabus released ?
The National Testing Agency has released the JEE Main 2023 syllabus to inform candidates about the topics that must be covered during the JEE Main Preparation.
Is JEE Main 2023 Syllabus same as CBSE Class 12th Syllabus?
The syllabus will be same as that of CBSE Class 12. Mainly the topic and chapters will be the same for both class 12th and JEE Main.
Is the syllabus for both JEE Main 2023 Paper 1 and 2 the same?
No. The syllabus for Paper 1 and 2 of JEE Main 2023 varies.
Will there be questions from class XI in JEE Main 2023 syllabus as well?
Yes. Some questions from class 11 syllabus may also be asked in JEE Main 2023 exam.
What are the topics which are in JEE Main syllabus but not in JEE Advanced syllabus?
JEE 2023 Advanced Syllabus does not have some sections like Environmental Chemistry, Semiconductor, Communication System, Mathematical Reasoning.