KV Admission 2023-24: The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan admission (KVS) or the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2023-24 is responsible for giving admissions to classes 1 to 12. The candidates looking for KVS admission should check the official website, i.e, kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in, and fill out the complete KV admission form 2023-24.
The online registrations for KVS admission 2023-24 for classes 1 will commence in the month of February 2023, whereas, classes 2-12 (except 11) will commence at the beginning of April 2023. The candidates should fill out the application forms before the last date in order to be eligible for KV admission 2023-24.
A priority category system and an online lottery determine who gets into the first grade. Kendriya Vidyalaya admission is available for classes 2 through 8 in 2023 based on priority category and an offline lottery mechanism. There is no exam or test given for it. To know more about the KV admission 2023-24, continue reading the complete article below.
Important Dates for KV Admission 2023-24
The candidates are required to keep a check on the schedule of the KV online admission, so that they do not miss any events. Below, we have provided a tentative date schedule for the events conducted by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangatha.
KV Admission Tentative date schedule
|Release of the advertisement date||February 2023|
|Start of the KV admission 2023-24 for class 1st||February 2023|
|Last date to submit the KV admission form for class 1st||March 2023|
|Declaration of provisional select and a waitlist of registered candidates||1st list towards the end of March 20232nd list on April 1, 2023 (if seats remain vacant)as of April 8, 2023, third list (if seats remain vacant)|
|Announcement of a tentative list of candidates, according to priority service category, for open seats, if any (keeping the leftover reserved seats blocked).||April 6, 2023 – April 8, 2023|
|If sufficient applications are not received in the online form, a second notification with an extended deadline will be sent out for offline registrations for admissions under the RTE Provisions, SC/ST, and OBC (NCL).||Notification on April 13, 2023Registration starts from April 6, 2023 to April 16, 2023Display of the list and Admissions- April 18, 2023 to April 22, 2023|
|Registration is open from Class II onward (save for Class XI), pending the presence of openings in that class.||April 8, 2023 to April 16, 2023|
|Declaration of the list of class 2nd onwards||April 21, 2023|
|Admissions for class 2nd onwards||April 22, 2023 to April 28, 2023|
|The Last date of admission for all classes except XI class.||June 6, 2023|
|For KV students: The Registration date for admission in class Xl.||Within 10 days after the declaration of class X results|
|KV students: The Display of admission list and admissions for Class-XI||10 days following the announcement of the class X results|
|Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list 86 admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admissions of KV students in class XI|
|Last date of admission for class – XI||30 days after the date when CBSElass announced the class-X results.|
KV Admission 2023-24 – Highlights
|Name of the admission||Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2023-24|
|Classes to which admission is given||1-12|
|Eligibility criteria||The candidate should have cleared the previous class.|
|Documents required for admission||Migration Certificate, Transfer Certificate, Passing Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc.|
|Age limit||5-18 years (according to the class)|
Other Admission Articles
Eligibility Criteria for KV Admission 2023-24
Before applying for the KVS admission, the student/parent must make sure that they are eligible for the same. They can check their eligibility given below and then apply for KV admission 2023-24.
Indian nationals’ children are eligible to apply for admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya in 2023–2024, as well as, children of foreign nationals who are living in India for any reason are also eligible for the same.
The child must be a maximum of 5 years of age for admission in class 1st whereas for class 12th the student must be 18 years of age. The maximum age of the student can be relaxed for two years in the case of differently-abled students. The complete age chart from classes 1st to 12th is given below in the table. The candidates can check their ages below.
|Class||Maximum age of the student|
|1st class||6 years|
|2nd class||7 years|
|3rd class||8 years|
|4th class||9 years|
|5th class||10 years|
|6th class||11 years|
|7th class||12 years|
|8th class||13 years|
|9th class||14 years|
|10th class||15 years|
KV Admission 2023-24 – Registration Process
- The candidates are required to visit the official website of KVS, kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
- Click on, ‘New Registration’.
- Read the directions carefully, check the declaration box, and then click the next button.
- On the screen, the KV registration window will appear. Fill up the necessary fields with the child’s name, parent’s name, birthdate, email address, mobile number, and other information.
- After entering the captcha code exactly as it appears, press the “register” button.
- The mobile number you submitted will receive an OTP. To confirm the contact information, enter the details and click on confirm.
- The screen will display the login information. For future use, write these down and store them securely.
KV Admission 2023-24 – Application Form
- Once you have registered on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in, click the login tab in the top bar, input the login information you were given when you registered and the captcha code as it appears, and then click the login button.
- Now, the KV online application form will display on the screen.. To proceed to the next page of the kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2023 form, enter your basic information and personal details as prompted and click the “Next” button.
- Choose a school from the list of schools that is now available. A student can choose up to three schools in 2023 to be considered for admission to a Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- Next, upload the student’s scanned photo and birth certificate in the appropriate size and format.
- Read each declaration on the declaration and submit page, then tick the box to confirm that you agree with it.
- After that, click the preview button and then click the save to preview button.
- If everything is correct, submit the application at kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in for 2023; if not, make the necessary adjustments.
- You should jot down the generated application submission code that is presented on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2023 after you receive an OTP to the registered mobile number.
Documents Required for KV Admission 2023-24
The following documents are required to be submitted by the candidates.
- Birth Certificate or proof of DOB
- Passport Size photo of the child
- Residence Proof
- SC/ST/OBC certificate
- EWS/BPL certificate
- An affidavit in the case of a Single Girl Child
- Service certificate of employee
- A proof of the relationship of a child’s parents with grandparents.
KV Admission 2023-24 – Tie Breaking Criteria
- Students with higher Math scores will be chosen for admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya in 2023 if two or more students with equivalent marks in class 10 compete in a merit competition.
- If there is still a tie, the older candidate will be given preference before the math and science scores are taken into account.
- The older student will be given preference for KVS admission for the academic year 2023–2024 if they both received the same marks in math and science.
- If seats are still available after KV students have been admitted, non-KV students may be admitted to KV schools using the previously mentioned priority category approach.
Fee Structure for KV Admission 2023-24
The fee structure of the same is given below in the table. The candidates can check out the same below.
Note: No fee is charged from the students admitted under the 25% quota prescribed under RTE Act 2009
FAQs related to KV Admission 2023
Can I submit my class 6 Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023 application online?
No, you can not apply for admission to class 6 in online mode.
When will class 1 admission at Kendriya Vidyalaya begin in 2023–24?
Probably in February 2023, online registrations for KVS Class 1 admission 2023–24 will open.
What documents are needed for KVS admission in 2023–24?
To confirm KVS Admission 2023–24, you must present your service certificate, birth certificate, domicile certificate, and school leaving certificate.
When will the initial KVS Admission Merit List be released?
In the first week of March 2023, the KVS first entrance merit list will be released.