Candidates who will be appearing for NEET 2024 can get admission in MBBS and BDS courses by clearing it. Whereas, there are some other popular courses as well in which candidates can get admission without giving NEET as well.
All the students who are either preparing for NEET or not must know the courses in which they can enroll without giving NEET as well because there is huge competition in the NEET examination and high chances are there that the candidate might not get a good course through NEET, thus they must keep an eye on other courses as well.
Medical Courses Without NEET – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to enroll in any of the medical courses without NEET, then they must check the eligibility criteria given below which is necessary to get admission otherwise.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th with scoring at least the minimum qualifying marks.
- The candidate must be having either PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) or PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Maths) in their Class 12th.
- Some universities might have their own entrance examination for taking up the admission process.
Some of the best medical courses without NEET
Below given is a list of of courses for which candidates can apply without giving NEET examination:
Nursing is a professional course for students who want to start serving as a medical helper. By doing this course, the candidates acquire various qualities like affection, care and patience especially towards needy people.
This is a four year long undergraduate course under the medical field, after completing this course the candidates can become Staff Nurse, Registered Nurse, Medical Coder, Nurse Educator etc.
Earlier this course did not come under NEET examination at all but now few states have started giving admission for this course through NEET as well.
It consists of study of various subjects like medical chemistry, industrial pharmacy, drug safety and discovery etc. which are under the pharmaceutical science. Candidates wanting to pursue this course can opt for a Bachelor in Pharmacy course after completing their 12th class. It is not necessary to clear the NEET exam to enroll in this course.
After completing this course, aspirants can pursue their career as a Drug Inspector, Pharmacist, Health Inspector, Chemical Technician etc.
It is the study of treating patients with the help of physical forces such as electricity, heat, mechanical forces and pressure. It is one of the rewarding careers out of all the courses which a student can pursue without giving NEET examination.
After completing the Bachelor of Physiotherapy course in which students are taught about all different types of physiotherapy techniques which they can use in order to cure a patient’s illness.
After this course, the candidates can either start their own physiotherapy centre or can go for a job as a physiotherapist.
It is a study of human mind and behavior. It is a very renowned profession all over the world. Nowadays, Psychology is necessary in all the major fields like sports, health, education etc.
Students who want to pursue themselves as a psychologist can opt for BA in Psychology after passing their class 12th. By doing this course, students can become a clinical psychologist or can work in a school or a firm.
- NEET Exam Pattern 2024
- NEET Syllabus 2024 class-wise
- NEET Exam Centres in India
- NEET Marks vs Rank
- NEET Seat Allotment 2024 process
Career Options with Medical courses without NEET
Below given are some of the careers which students can opt for by doing the courses which do not have the requirement of clearing NEET UG examination:
- Burn Care Technologist
- Cell Geneticist
- Clinical Coder
- Clinical Social Worker (other than Counsellors)
- Critical Care or Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Technologist
- Anaesthesia Assistants and Technologist
- Anatomy (Non-clinical)
- Assistant Behaviour Analyst
- Behavior Analyst
- Diagnostic Medical Radiographer
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Dialysis Therapy Technologist
- Dietician including Clinical Dietician, Food Service Dietician
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) Technologist or Echocardiogram (ECHO) Technologist
- Health Information Management Assistant, Medical Secretary,
- Transcription (Including Medical Record Technician or Medical Records Analyst)
- Health Information Management Technologist
- Emergency Medical Technologist (Paramedic) or Emergency Medical Technician-Basic
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy Technologist
- Environment Protection Officer
- Forensic Science Technologist
- Health educators including Disease Counsellors, Diabetes Educators, Lactation Consultants
- Medical Equipment Technologist
- Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Mental Health Support Workers
- Molecular Biologist (non-clinical)
- Molecular Geneticist
- Movement Therapist including Art, Dance and Movement Therapist or Recreational Therapist
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Ophthalmic Assistant
- Physician Associate and Assistant
- Physiology (Non-clinical)
- Physiotherapists including Geriatric Physical Therapist, Orthopaedic Physical Therapist, Pediatric Physical Therapist
- Radiotherapy Technologist
- Sleep Lab Technologist
FAQs Related to Non-NEET Medical Courses
For enrolling in medical courses without NEET, do we have to appear for some other examinations?
There might be some courses or colleges for which students need to appear for the entrance examination. However, there would be some courses in which students can get direct admission.
Are the medical courses without NEET equally rewardable as compared to MBBS and BDS?
Yes, we cannot say that the medical courses without NEET are anywhere below other high demand courses. Though students can face some initial struggle but later on it would not make any such difference.
If we could not clear the NEET examination, should we take a drop and again appear for NEET or apply for some medical course without NEET?
There is no mandatory answer for this, if the candidate has enough confidence in himself/herself that he/she will be clearing NEET if they take a drop year then they can plan to re-attempt the NEET paper next year. Else if they think they are not getting much interest in clearing NEET, then they can choose some other course not related to NEET examination.