Paramedical courses after 10th/12th – The most sought-after course for the medical student is the Paramedical course which can be pursued without NEET exam. With technological advancement, the scope for Paramedics has been increasing day by day.
The aspirants must choose wisely from the available paramedical courses after the 10th and 12th, as it will boost their career opportunities. After completing their paramedical course, they can become allied healthcare workers to surgeons and doctors. They can become diagnostics and technical workers who play a major role in the healthcare system.
In comparison to other medical courses, Paramedical courses after 12th and 10th are much cheaper and of shorter duration. Paramedical courses after Class 10, and 12 could be done at three levels – A diploma, a certificate, and a bachelor’s degree. The average fee is around Rs. 40,000 – Rs. 60,000.
Types of Paramedical Courses after 10th and 12th
There are two types of Paramedical courses that an aspirant can opt for after completing their 10th and 12th standard – Certificate courses and Diploma courses.
- Certificate Courses: These courses vary from 3 months to one year i.e. they are usually courses of less than 12 months. Students can opt for it after completing their 10th standard.
- Diploma Courses: Aspirants can opt for these courses after completing their 10th standard. These courses are for a year or two.
- Degree Courses: These courses are opted after completing their 12th standard. The duration of this course varies from 1.5 years to 4 years.
Paramedical Courses after 10th, 12th Class – Eligibility Criteria
Medical aspirants can refer to the guidelines of the respective institutes for their courses. The eligibility criteria differ for various courses and the institutes offering them. The mandatory criteria for the students pursuing paramedical courses are passing the 12th standard in the science stream.
Certificate Paramedical Courses List after 10th, 12th
Students are less inclined towards these types of jobs as it provides less job security as compared to other courses. After completing the paramedical course, they would be able to get a technician or assistant-level job. Aspirants can easily get entry-level employment in the healthcare sector.
Here is the list of Paramedical certificate courses List.
- X-Ray/Radiology Assistant (technician)
- MRI Technician
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Dialysis Technician
- Operation Theater Assistant
- CT scan Technician
- Nursing care Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- ECG assistant
- Ophthalmic Assistant
Diploma Paramedical Courses after 10th Class
Aspirants who opt for diplomas over certificate courses would be able to get more secure jobs. They can get employment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
Here is the list of diplomas in the Paramedical sciences.
- Diploma in hearing language and speech
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in X-Ray Technology
- Diploma in Ophthalmic technology
- Diploma in ECG technology
- Diploma in physiotherapy
- Diploma in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- Diploma in anesthesia technology
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistance
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Sanitary Inspection
Paramedical Courses after 12th Class – Undergraduate Degree
To seek extensive knowledge in anatomy and physiology, candidates should opt for professional degrees. There are many bachelor’s degrees related to the same, which not only provides theoretical knowledge but also fieldwork experience with its internship programs.
Here is the list of bachelor’s degree courses for the same.
- B.Sc. in Optometry
- B.Sc. in Operation Theater technology
- B.Sc. in Audiology and speech therapy
- B.Sc. in X-Ray technology
- B.Sc. in Anesthesia technology
- B.Sc. in audiology
- B.Sc. in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- BASLP course
- B.Sc. in Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. in speech therapy
- B.Sc. in Medical Record Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. in ophthalmic technology
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
Top Paramedical Colleges in India
Here is the list of top Paramedical colleges in India from where aspirants can opt for pursuing their careers as Paramedics.
- GITAM University, Visakhapatnam (Deemed to be University)
- Jagannath University (JU ), Jaipur
- Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) – [MMDU] Mullana, Ambala
- Parul University, Gujarat
- Shoolini University (SU), Solan
- Centurion University of Technology and Management (CUTM), Vizianagaram
- IIHMR University (IIHMR), Jaipur
- Amity University, Jaipur
- Jagannath Institute of Management Sciences – (JIMS) Sector-3 Rohini, Delhi
Paramedical Courses – Job Opportunities
With technological advancement, the demand for paramedical professionals has increased. There are many job opportunities in government and private hospitals, trauma centers, clinics, and so on. Paramedics are needed in aviation too for the immediate medical care of the injured person.
Students pursuing paramedics also have great job opportunities abroad. Paramedics are also needed during the disaster response, air medical training, and poison and drug overdose treatment in helicopters and planes.
Salary of a Paramedic
As it’s a fast-growing sector, many positions pay better making Paramedics a most sought-after course. The salary of a paramedical professional is dependent upon many factors such as the job profile they are working in, the experience of the person, the organization, and so on.
For an instance, a Radiology technician as a fresher would be earning Rs.10,000 per month whereas the same technician with experience would be earning Rs.50,000 per month. In the same manner, health assistant workers can earn up to Rs.15,000, a dialysis assistant can earn up to Rs. 20,000 and a lab technician can earn up to Rs.70,000.
- Ayush course Admission through NEET
- MBBS Admission in India
- Medical Courses after Class 12
- MBBS Admission in Government College
- MBBS Degree Fees
FAQs related to Paramedical Courses after 10th, 12th
What are the eligibility criteria for UG Paramedical courses in Kerala?
Paramedical aspirants have to pass the 12th standard in the science stream.
Is NEET necessary for Paramedical courses?
No, NEET isn’t important for Paramedical courses.
Which Paramedical course offers a good salary?
The salary of Medical Laboratory Technologists (MLT) can range from INR 2.4 LPA to INR 5.5 LPA.