AMU NEET Admission 2023: AMU MBBS admissions are granted to those candidates who are successful in clearing the NEET examination. The university reserves 50% of seats for the candidates who have studied in their university for the last 3 years, whereas, the other 50% is reserved for all the NEET exam qualified candidates.
The Medical Counseling Committee conducts the counseling for AMU MBBS admissions every year. The application forms for AMU MBBS will be released by the Directorate General Of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). The candidates who would like to apply for the MBBS admission 2023 can apply online on their official website (mcc.nic.in).
AMU NEET admission 2023 is conducted in three rounds of counseling. During the counseling session, candidates have to fill in their choices of course and college for the AMU MBBS admission 2023. Based on their choices and the number of seats, candidates are granted admission to AMU. AMU also releases a merit list of the shortlisted candidates for the AMU NEET admission 2023.
AMU NEET Admission 2023 – Important Dates:
The important dates for the AMU MBBS Admission 2023 are given below. The candidates are required to take a close look at it and mark their calendars.
AMU NEET Admission 2023 – Round 1:
|Online registration and choice filling||2nd week of June 2023|
|Final locking of choices||3rd week of June 2023|
|NEET 2023 Seat Allotment||3rd week of June 2023|
|Publication of the final list of the candidates selected in round 1||4th week of June 2023|
AMU NEET Admission 2023 – Round 2:
|Online registration and choice filling||1st week of July 2023|
|Final locking of choices||2nd week of July 2023|
|Seat Allotment||2nd week of July 2023|
|Publication of the final list of the candidates selected in round 2||2nd week of July 2023|
AMU NEET Admission 2023 – Mop-up round:
|Registration of internal candidates for final mop-up round||1st week of August 2023|
|Reporting to the venue for admission||Last week of August 2023|
AMU MBBS Admission 2023 – Eligibility criteria:
Only the candidates who are eligible will be considered for the AMU MBBS Admission 2023. Given below are the NEET eligibility criteria for the AMU NEET Admission 2023:
|Nationality||Indian nationals, Non-resident Indian (NRI), Person of Indian origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are all eligible for the AMU MBBS Admission 2023.|
|Academic qualifications||The candidate should have passed class 12th with 50% marks for the general category and with 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC.|
|Subjects studied||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology should be the main subjects of the candidates.|
|Institutional quota||The candidates who apply for AMU MBBS admission under the 50% institutional quota must have passed the last three years of their academic year as regular students from AMU only.|
|Qualifying students,||Only the students who have qualified in NEET exam result 2023 will be eligible for the AMU MBBS Admission 2023.|
AMU MBBS Admission 2023 – Registration:
At the time of the registration, candidates are required to enter their personal, academic, NEET, and other important details. After filling out the NEET registration form 2023, candidates are required to pay the registration fees online mode by using their debit/credit card. The details of the registration fees are given below:
Non-refundable registration fee:
Refundable registration fee:
AMU MBBS Admission 2023 – Counseling Procedure:
The AMU NEET Admission 2023 follows the given counseling procedure:
- The candidates who have been successfully registered will have to go through online NEET counseling procedure which is done by MCC.
- The candidates are provided with the choice of admission to AMU as their top preference. The seats are allotted according to preference only.
- The NEET 2023 merit list PDF for the candidate who is selected for admission to AMU NEET MBBS will be uploaded on the official MCC website.
AMU NEET Admission Process:
AMU follows the below-given admission process:
- As soon as the candidate sees their name on the merit list they need to report to the university as per the schedule provided by the AMU.
- The schedule of the AMU NEET admission 2023 will be released on the MCC website. Candidates need to keep a close look at it.
- The candidates selected for admission should carry all their important documents in original to the university with the photocopy as well for verification.
- Documents as well as the eligibility of the candidates will be verified at the time of reporting.
- Candidates will be granted admission after successful verification only.
AMU MBBS Admission 2023 – Important Documents:
The candidates are required to bring the following documents with them on the day of admission as scheduled by the authorities:
- NEET Hall Ticket 2023
- NEET result/ rank letter
- Class 10th certificate or date of birth certificate
- Marks sheet/ grade sheet of qualifying examination (class 12th) along with 6 Self-attested photocopies
- 10 Passport size photograph (same as one on the application form)
- Provisional allotment letter generated online
- Proof of identity (Aadhaar/ PAN/ Driving License/ Passport)
- SC/ ST Certificate issued by the competent authority (Proforma from NEET brochure)
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority (Proforma from NEET brochure)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (Proforma from university website)
- Transfer/ Migration and Character Certificate from the Institution last attended (if not enrolled at AMU)
- Name Removal Certificate from the rolls of the concerned Faculty/ College/ Institution (if already enrolled to any full-time course of study in any institution)
- Undertaking before the Vice-Chancellor, AMU, Aligarh on a plain paper regarding compulsory 75% Attendance in each subject
- Two Oath Commissioner’s Affidavits on simple plain paper- one on the candidates’ behalf and the other on behalf of parents/ guardian regarding not to indulge in ragging
- Tuition fee in form of cash or demand draft drawn in the favor of Finance Officer, AMU, Aligarh
- 2 self-addressed envelopes bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 22/- each (to be submitted in the Office of the Provost of Hall of Residence/ NRSC allotted)
- Copy of the passport of sponsorer
- Sponsorship affidavit (stating that sponsorer is ready to bear the expenses for the whole duration of study)
- Relationship Affidavit (Relation of candidate with the sponsorer)
- NRI Certificate/Employment certificate attested by Indian Embassy
- NRE Bank Account Number in India with copies of the relevant document(s) duly attested by the concerned bank from which payment is to be made.
- Assam NEET Counselling 2023
- Bihar NEET Counselling 2023
- Deemed University MBBS Fees
- MBBS Admission in Government College
- MBBS Admission Fees
FAQs Related to AMU MBBS Admission 2023
What is the fee structure of AMU MBBS?
The fee structure of AMU MBBS is approximately Rs 45,000.
How to apply for AMU MBBS?
The candidates are selected on the basis of merit and scores obtained in the NEET exam.
How do I reach AMU for MBBS admission?
The campus is situated in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
How many MBBS seats are there in AMU?
There are 150 MBBS seats in AMU for MBBS admissions.