MAT Syllabus 2023 – All India Management Association (AIMA) prescribes the MAT 2023 Syllabus PDF. The syllabus mainly focus to test the logical aptitude, analytical skills, language comprehension, mathematical skills, and reasoning skills of aspirants. Aspirants may download MAT Syllabus 2023 and start preparation for the examination.
MAT 2023 is the Management Aptitude Test conducted in four sessions in a year: February, May, September and December. Candidates can download MAT Syllabus 2023 PDF and read the syllabus thoroughly. It is fruitful to start the exam preparation as per latest syllabus. Read the article to get updated information on MAT 2023 syllabus, books for subjects, exam tips, etc.
Subject-wise MAT 2023 Syllabus
AIMA publishes MAT Syllabus 2023 on the official site and aspirants can get the syllabus in a PDF file. Students must cover all topics at least a month before the MAT Exam Date 2023 and thereafter, start revision.
There are 5 sections in syllabus. A detailed description of topics included in the MAT Syllabus 2023 are tabulated below:
MAT Syllabus 2023 for Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
Go through the topics covered in the Intelligence and critical reasoning section and prepare accordingly.
|Visual Reasoning||Graphs Representing Area|
|Coding & Decoding||Family Tree|
|Course of Actions||Puzzles|
|Series||Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments|
|Column Graphs||Blood Relations|
|Multi- Dimensional Arrangements||Statement Conclusions|
MAT Syllabus 2023 for Data Analysis & Sufficiency
Topics covered below table are important for preparation in Data Analysis & Sufficiency
|Data Sufficiency||Pie Charts|
|Venn Diagram||Data Analysis|
|Caselet- Based Data||Data Comparison|
MAT Syllabus 2023 for Language Comprehension
A set of syllabus for Language comprehension are tabulated below:
|Antonyms & Synonyms||Verbs, Noun. Pronoun. Adjective, Adverb|
|Verbal Ability||Idioms & Phrases|
|Fill in the blanks||Para Jumbles|
|Grammar||Parts of Speech|
|Parts of speech||One word substitution|
MAT Syllabus 2023 for Mathematical Skills
|Profit & Loss||Commercial Maths||Speed, Time and Distance|
|Venn Diagrams||Simple & Compound Interest||Number system|
|Complex Numbers||Permutation & Combinations||Triangles|
|Heights and Distance||Inequalities||Circles|
|Mixtures and Allegations||Elementary Mathematics||Sequence & Series|
|Set Theory||Binomial Theorem||Geometry|
|LCM & HCF||Linear Programming||Surds & Indices|
MAT 2023 Syllabus for Indian and Global Environment Section
Aspirants may read the topics included under Indian and Global Environment Section.
|Social Issues||Corporate News|
|Books and Authors||Company Punchlines|
|Science||Awards and Winners|
|CEOs||Statements and Quotation|
Exam Pattern for MAT 2023 Syllabus
AIMA has set a unique MAT 2023 exam pattern. Aspirants should follow the MAT Syllabus 2023 for exam preparation.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Indian & Global Environment||40||40|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||40|
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||40|
- Multiple choice Questions
- Indian & Global Environment section is not included in overall percentile calculation
- Total 200 questions are asked
- Each question carries 1 mark
- Negative marks for wrong attempt (0.25)
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes
Tips to cover MAT 2023 Syllabus
- Students are suggested to start preparing as soon as the MAT exam syllabus is downloaded.
- Go through MAT Syllabus 2023 once or twice to get used to the topic covered in the PDF.
- Choose books and study material which covers most of the MAT 2023 Syllabus. Select books of learning ability and try to cover all the topics covered.
- Once all the topics are covered, switch to other reference books to get used to the topics in depth.
- Refer to suggestive question banks from authenticated portals. Also take several mock tests and other series of tests.
- Mock test is the best strategy to prepare for an exam. The method helps to manage the timing on the exam day.
- Try to solve previous year question papers to cover the whole syllabus.
- Solve at least two previous year question papers in a day. Evaluate the answers with respective MAT answer key.
- Focus on the weaker section after evaluating the test papers.
Books to cover MAT Syllabus 2023
A set of books are suggested for exam preparation MAT 2023. Check the table for suitable books and study materials.
|Language Comprehension||A Complete Book of Reading Comprehension||Adda 247 Publications|
|Indian and Global Environment||Environment and Ecology||Vaishali Anand|
|Mathematics Skills||Quickest Mathematics||Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||Data Analysis & Sufficiency for MAT, CMAT, NMAT Exams||Disha Experts|
|Intelligence and critical Reasoning||General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||Disha Experts|
- MAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
- MAT Registration 2023
- MAT Admit Card 2023 Download
- MAT Accepting Colleges in India
- MAT Selection Process
FAQs Related to MAT 2023 Syllabus
What are the subjects included in MAT 2023?
Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Mathematics skills, Language comprehension are the subjects. Indian and Global Environment is included in the exam with equal weightage but marks are not included in overall percentile. Check MAT 2023 Syllabus for topics covered on each subject.
What are the modes of examination applicable to appear for MAT 2023?
Paper Based Test, Internet Based test, Computer Based test are the modes of exams applicable for MAT 2023. Prepare for the exams based on MAT Syllabus 2023.
Is negative marking implemented for MAT 2023 Syllabus?
Yes, 0.25 marks are deducted for wrong attempts.