NEET Analysis 2023: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the largest medical examination conducted in India by National Testing Agency (NTA). The difficulty level is said to be moderate to tough. The NEET analysis 2023 is a lot similar to the NEET 2022 analysis.
The Physics subject is said to be the toughest section whereas Biology has been named as the easiest section. Every question in the NEET exam is asked according to the NEET syllabus and NCERT only. It makes the NEET exam for students a lot easier and more manageable. According to the students, a lot of the questions are expected to be from class XII chapters and topics.
In this article, candidates can refer to the NEET analysis 2023 and find the section-wise distribution of the questions in the exam analysis of NEET. This NEET paper analysis will help the candidates prepare a strong strategy for the upcoming NEET UG exam 2023. Continue reading the article below for a detailed NEET analysis of 2023.
NEET Exam Analysis 2023
According to the students and the experts, the NEET exam 2023 was moderate to difficult. The Physics was a bit lengthy yet easy to moderate, whereas, the difficulty level of Chemistry was moderate. Zoology and Botany are said to be the easiest sections of the NEET 2023 Question paper.
- The NEET exam 2023 had a total of 200 questions out of which only 180 were to be attempted, as per NEET Exam Pattern 2023.
- The total mark for the NEET exam 2023 is 720 with 180 marks for each question with a total time of 200 minutes.
- The NEET 2023 exam centre are present in 543 Indian cities with 14 cities abroad.
- The NEET exam is conducted in 13 languages, i.e., English, Hindi, Bengali, Urdu, Marathi, Assamese, Gujarati, Tamil, Malayalam, Odiya, Kannada, Punjabi, and Telegu.
NEET UG Section-wise Analysis
The NEET UG section-wise 2023 analysis of each paper is given below. Candidates can look up the analysis of each paper below and get an idea of the same.
Analysis of NEET 2023 Chemistry Section
The table given below provides a topic-wise number of questions asked and the difficulty level of the same. Candidates can check it out below.
|Organic Chemistry Class 11||3||0|
|Organic Chemistry Class 12||3||0|
|Inorganic Chemistry Class 11||4||1|
|Inorganic Chemistry Class 12||1||2|
|Physical Chemistry Class 11||0||1|
|Physical Chemistry Class 12||3||2|
|Organic Chemistry Class 11||1||0|
|Organic Chemistry Class 12||1||1|
|Inorganic Chemistry Class 11||0||0|
|Inorganic Chemistry Class 12||2||0|
|Physical Chemistry Class 11||0||0|
|Physical Chemistry Class 12||1||1|
- The NEET chemistry section had a difficulty level that was easy to moderate.
- The majority of the questions were based on facts, statements, and tables from NCERT.
- Exact questions without any changes were asked from NCERT.
- Section A consists of assertion reason questions. To answer them the candidates should have good conceptual clarity.
- There were numerical questions most of which were theory-based.
- Highest weightage chapters – Solutions, Mole concepts, Chemical Bonding, and Electrochemistry.
Analysis of NEET 2023 Physics Section
In the table given below we have provided the topics and their difficulty levels. The NEET UG 2023 Physics paper analysis is as follows.
|SHM and Waves||1||0|
|Modern and electronics||4||0|
|SHM and waves||0||0|
|Modern and electronics||1||1|
- The Physics section was one of the difficult sections.
- The questions were mostly formula-based.
- Around 4-5 questions were tricky in nature.
- The questions were lengthy in nature and very time-consuming.
- The sections covered in most of the questions were NCERT based.
- Highest weightage chapters – electricity, Modern Physics, and Mechanics consisted of 65% of the paper.
Analysis of NEET 2023 Botany Section
The table given below provides the topics as well as the number of questions asked from each topic in the Botany section. The NEET 2023 Botany question paper analysis is as follows.
|Topics||Number of questions|
|Morphology of Flowering Plants||3|
|Anatomy of Flowering Plants||3|
|Cell: The Unit of Life||1|
|Cell Cycle & Cell Division||2|
|Photosynthesis in Higher Plants||3|
|Respiration in Plants||2|
|Plant Growth & Development||3|
|Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants||3|
|Principles of Inheritance and Variation||4|
|Molecular Basis of Inheritance||4|
|Biotechnology: Principles and Processes||3|
|Biotechnology and Its Applications||1|
|Organism and Population||2|
|Biodiversity and Conservation||2|
- The level of difficulty of the Botany section was from moderate to difficult.
- Some questions were tricky and challenging.
- Some questions were from the NCERT book as it is.
- Most of the questions were factual while the others were concept-based.
- Two questions were not correct.
- The Biomolecule and Biotechnology questions were out of the NCERT book.
- The papers were lengthy and time-consuming.
- Highest weightage chapters – Plant Physiology, Plant Kingdom, Biotechnology, and Biomolecules.
Analysis of NEET 2023 Zoology Section
The Zoology analysis is given in the table below. The table provides the number of questions asked for each topic.
|Topics||Number of questions|
|Structural Organisation in Animals (Animal Tissue)||3|
|Digestion and Absorption (Digestive System)||2|
|Breathing and Exchange of Gases (Respiratory System)||2|
|Body Fluids And Circulation (Circulatory System||2|
|Excretory Products And Their Elimination (Excretory System)||1|
|Locomotion And Movement (Muscles, Skeletal System)||2|
|Neural Control And Co-ordination (Nervous System, Sensory Organs)||1|
|Chemical Co-ordination and Integration (Endocrine System||2|
|Origin and Evolution||2|
|Human Health and Disease||2|
|Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production||1|
|Microbes in Human Welfare||1|
|The Living World||1|
- The difficulty level of the Zoology section was Moderate.
- The zoology section was quite a lengthy section.
- Some questions were complex and required clarity of the basis.
- Most of the questions were NCERT based.
- The biotechnology chapters had only eight questions.
- Highest weightage chapters – Human Physiology, Molecular Basis of Inheritance, and Tissue.
- NEET 2023 Exam Dates
- NEET Exam Guidelines
- NEET answer key 2023 Download Link
- NEET Result Date 2023
- NEET Expected Cutoff 2023
FAQs related to NEET Analysis 2023
Is NCERT enough to study for the NEET preparations?
It’s almost enough but the candidates should prepare from other books as well.
What is the difficulty level of NEET 2023 compared to 2022?
The difficulty level of NEET 2023 is moderate to tough as compared to 2022.
What is the toughest section of the NEET exam?
The toughest section of the NEET exam is Physics.