JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2023 – NTA will be going to release the JEE Main eligibility criteria on the JEE Main official website i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in. As part of the eligibility criteria for JEE Main, the candidates have to fulfill the requirements related to the qualifying examination, the number of attempts, age, nationality, qualifying marks, etc.
Only those candidates who fulfill the eligible criteria, will be able for JEE Main 2023 apply online. Applicants must score 75% marks in their board exams as per the JEE Main 2023 eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria of JEE Main
Check out the eligibility criteria in detail which candidates need to fulfill in order to appear in the JEE Main exam.
JEE Main Age Limit
There is no age limit for appearing in the JEE Main exam. Any student who has passed the 12th exam or its equivalent exam in the year 2021, 2022 or appearing in the year 2023 can also apply for the entrance exam.
JEE Main Qualification
As per JEE Main exam Eligibility 2023, candidates must qualify class 12th or equivalent exam. Candidates appearing in 12th class or equivalent qualifying exams in the year 2023 can also apply.
JEE Main Equivalent Qualifying Exams
- Intermediate or two year Pre-University exam will be conducted by a recognized Board or University.
- Higher Secondary Certificate(HSC) Vocational Examination.
- The final exam will be conducted by any recognized Central/State Board such as a Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISCE), New Delhi etc.
- Senior Secondary School Examination will be conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling and will have a minimum number of five subjects.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the advanced level.
- A diploma will be recognized by the AICTE or a State board of technical education of a minimum of only three years of duration.
JEE Main Subjects in Qualifying Exam
- For JEE Main Paper 1 (B.Tech) – Physics and Mathematics are the compulsory subjects and any one subject from Chemistry/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject.
- For JEE Main Paper 2A (B.Arch) – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are the compulsory subjects in class 12th.
- For JEE Main Paper 2B (B.Plan) – Mathematics is the compulsory subject in 12th class.
Candidates can attempt in a year for the JEE Main Exam. Candidates can appear for JEE Main in three consecutive years from passing their 12th class or qualifying exam.
Important Points to remember for Eligibility Criteria of JEE Main
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to check all the important details about eligibility criteria before filling out the application form.
- Candidates must need to fill in the correct details in their application form as per the original documents.
- There are no criteria for a minimum percentage of marks in class 12th for appearing in class.
- Candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria but apply for JEE Main, their application can get canceled at any stage of admission.
- JEE Main Syllabus PDF Download 2023
- JEE Main Total Marks
- Timetable for JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main Correction window 2023
- JEE Main Exam Date 2023
Eligibility Criteria of JEE Main: State of Eligibility
State of eligibility in JEE Main 2022 eligibility criteria means the State from where the candidate has passed Class 12 or equivalent qualifying examination by virtue of which the candidate becomes eligible to appear in JEE Main 2022.
It is important to note that the State code of eligibility does NOT depend upon the native place or the place of residence of the candidate.
For example, if a candidate appears for the Class 12 examination in New Delhi but is a resident of Noida, Uttar Pradesh, the candidate’s State code of eligibility will be Delhi and NOT Uttar Pradesh.
If a candidate has passed Class 12 or equivalent qualifying examination from one state but appeared for improvement from another state, the candidate’s State code of eligibility will be from where the candidate first passed the Class 12 and NOT the State from where the candidate has appeared for improvement.
Candidates passing/appearing in class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the State in which the study center is located.
State Code of Eligibility
|Name of State||Code of State|
|Jammu & Kashmir||JK|
|Name of Union Territory||Code|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||AN|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||DN|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||DD|
Eligibility Criteria for admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs of JEE Main
The eligibility criteria for admission in IITs, NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs are decided by the institute. JEE Main eligibility criteria are decided by NTA and are only meant for appearing in the examination. JEE Main hall ticket 2023 is released only for the students who fulfil IIT JEE Eligibility Conditions.
The details about eligibility criteria for admission to the JEE main College are provided by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA), the counseling authority which admits the students to these institutes. Candidates can visit the JoSAA website for the details about the eligibility criteria for admission.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Repeaters
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for repeaters have to be fulfilled by the candidates of engineering. Given below are the Eligibility Criteria for Repeaters:
- The candidate must pass the 12th class exam or another equivalent qualifying exam.
- NTA has removed the age limit. Before candidates had to be less than the age category of 24 years.
- Candidates must have 5 subjects in the qualifying exam with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects.
- JEE Main Exam Centre List
- What is JEE Main Counselling
- JEE Main Sample Paper 2023 PDF Download
- JEE Main Result 2023 Rank
FAQs Related to JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
What is the age limit for JEE Main?
There is no age limit for appealing in the JEE Main examination.
Can diploma students apply for JEE Main?
Yes, diploma students can apply for the JEE Main examination. They can write the exam only for qualifying JEE Main. This category of students will not be granted admission into IITs, NITs or CFTIs.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for NITs, IIITs and GFTIs?
Students must have secured a minimum of 75% of marks or be in the top 20 percentile in class 12 or equivalent exam.
Who is eligible for JEE Main?
The candidates who have passed the class 12 examination, irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main.