BDS Admission Through NEET – National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET every year to fill seats for BDS in Government or Government approved colleges. Based on the NEET UG Scores, the BDS Admission through NEET is carried upon.
Candidates who appeared for NEET 2024 Exam can check the official website, www.neet.nta.nic.in to know updates in the BDS Admission through NEET. The National Testing Agency will publish the NEET Result and send a call letter to attend the NEET Counselling.
BDS Admission Procedure through NEET
First of all, a student will have to appear for NEET exam, after NEET 2024 registration. Thereafter, NTA will come up with result in form of a scorecard. Thereafter counselling is the next stage which is held for two types of seats for BDS admission.
- All India Quota (15%)
- State-Level quota (85%)
All India Quota seats are filled by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) through NEET scores. MCC conducts BDS admission through neet for 15% seats in each state’s government medical college of state along with all seats in central universities like as DU, CUs.
State-level quota seats i.e. 85% BDS seat in government medical college are filled by State-level authority on the basis of NEET ranks.
Selection Procedure for BDS Admission after result:
The procedure after NEET exam result 2024 is almost same for AIQ and State quota BDS seats. Just the authority, eligibility, fees, dates and other factors vary among them. A common procedure for BDS admission through neet is explained below:
- Registration: After the result, the counselling authority calls applications for counselling from the students. Students need to register for NEET 2024 counselling on the respective authority’s website.
- Merit List Release: Once registrations are done, the authority will release a NEET merit list PDF 2024 which will contain the name and other details of the students selected for further process.
- Choice Filling: Now, the selected students will have to choose the college they want to opt for. The process is done online through the websites of respective authorities.
- NEET Seat Allotment Result: Based on the availability of the seats, NEET scores, choices filled by student and other factors, the authority will allot BDS seats to candidates.
- Download allotment letter: Once the BDS seat allotment is done by the counselling authority, students can download the allotment letter from the official site.
- Document verification: At the time of reporting to the allotted institute, students need to submit required documents along with a Seat Allotment letter.
- Seat Confirmed: After verifying all the documents submitted by students, the respective institute will confirm the seat for the student.
BDS Admission Counselling Overview
Check the table drawn below to read out the highlights of BDS Admission through NEET.
|Name of the Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Number of Seats||27,698 seats|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Exam Type||Objective/ MCQs|
|NEET Exam Duration||3 Hours 20 Minutes|
|Medium of Exam||English|
BDS Admission Through NEET – Highlights
Students who appear for NEET will get respective NEET rank. Based on the NEET scores, BDS Admission is filled. Check out the highlights.
- Aspirants are given NEET ranks based on marks obtained in the NEET.
- Candidates need to fulfil the NEET eligibility criteria and secure NEET pass marks 2024 to apply for BDS Admission through NEET Counselling.
- Candidates can choose the course to study and the name of the college opted for.
- The candidates who applied for BDS Admission through NEET are sent a call letter for counselling.
- Aspirants should have to come across counselling procedures (rounds) are alloted BDS Admission through NEET.
BDS Admission Eligibility Criteria
As per regulations of National Medical Commission (NMC) and Dental Council of India (DCI), an aspirant who desire for BDS Admission through NEET should have meet the eligibility criteria as follows:
- NEET Age limit 2024: Aspirant must have completed 17 years at the time of admission.
- NMC and DCI have set lower age limits based on the category of aspirant.
- Number of Attempt: There is no upper age limit for the aspirant to take the NEET
- Nationality: NRI/ OCI aspirants can also apply for NEET conducted by NTA.
- Those candidates need to comply with the eligibility criteria set by NMC and DCI.
- Educational Qualification: Aspirants must have completed a 10+2 or equivalent course program from a recognised institute.
- Aspirants must have studied Physics, chemistry, Biology, Mathematics as main stream subjects in Standard 12.
- Students may also choose Physics, Chemistry & Biology as elective subjects in Standard 12.
- NEET is conducted for the above said subjects excluding Mathematics. NEET Score card is sent to the aspirants after NEET.
BDS Admission Through NEET – Exam Pattern
Follow the exam pattern followed for NEET every year conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|Physics Section A||35||140|
|Physics Section B||15||40|
|Chemistry Section A||35||140|
|Chemistry Section B||15||40|
|Botany Section A||35||140|
|Botany Section B||15||40|
|Zoology Section A||35||140|
|Zoology Section B||15||40|
BDS Admission through NEET – Cutoff
NEET 2024 Cutoff is an important criteria based on which NTA will allot seats for MBBS/BDS programs. The cutoff marks for NEET varies every year based on several factors. Here a table is drawn for previous year cutoff marks for BDS Admission through NEET are tabulated.
|General||716 – 117|
|General PWD||116 – 105|
|SC/ST/OBC||116 – 93|
|SC/ST/OBC PWD||104 – 93|
- NEET Topper Name 2024
- NEET Exam Solution 2024 PDF Download
- NEET State Rank List 2024
- Medical Courses without NEET in India
- MBBS Admission in India
FAQs Related to BDS Admission Through NEET
Who sets the eligibility criteria to fill seats for BDS Through NEET?
National Medical Commission (NMC) and Dental Council of India (DCI) are the two boards who set the eligibility criteria for NEET.
What is the maximum number of seats filled through BDS Admission Through NEET?
Number of seats filled in NEET approved colleges is 26,949.
What is the frequency of NEET to fill BDS Admission?
Every year, NTA will conduct NEET once in a year to fill BDS Admission through NEET.